What's new

Going to Montego Bay

jayntray

Hi i am going to Mo'Bay in May this year for a week, i will be staying in the sunset beach resort which is not in the bay area, which isnt a problem. I was wondering if anyone could give me the low down on the local weed/hash scene? What fine examples of mothers finest can i eagerly await to sample? What kind of prices can i expect to pay for my bud? Is hash available?
What places must i check out whilst im there? ive heard appleton rum is good, any coments??? I appreciate all your help in helping me.

G

I been to MoBay a couple of times. I dont knowif you travel much or not, but dont pay the asking price of course. My first trip, I didnt even realize it, but I was hooking up standing in the Immigration line coming in to the country!!! Was alright, but I found out later, the air port is always crappy pot, hooking dumbshits like me. Then in the markets, you'll be flooded with offers, pick and choose carefully, and haggle. I dont like to haggle them to the poverty thats all around you, for me I didnt care if I over paid, just not tourist overpaid, if that makes any sense to ya. I win...they win.
I love it there, but i dont like the traps, I just lay on the beach, read, smoke ganja, drink, eat, thats it.

G

So sorry man, I didnt see your question.
Weight?? My very first time there I bought 1/2 to 3/4 of a oz, it was $60.00, ya, I know way to much, I was a rookie!! Names,there agin, with language, and keeping an eye on the bag, and my back, an eye on my lady, thats to many eyes, I would keep saying no until I saw a bag that was great, and then offered him 1/2 of what was asked, and walked away......just as other hawkers were getting to me, he ran up and said OK mon,ok!!

Knocked my lady right down, had to apply cold compresses to her head, I warned her, but between the alcohol and good ganja...TKO!!

shiva das

mo bay

mo bay

Mo bay is not the place to be for ganja searching....
try going over to Nigril...and ask to either be taken up to or you want ganja from orange hill. The grow the best on the island....I actually ran into some dreads that were doing some bubble bag hash...truely out of this world.
In orange hill you will find alot of great strains....mostly coming from Holland or us....by travelers like us....I picked up some sweet juicy fruit on one of my last visits...
Hell, you might just run into some trainwreck/cali orange that I brought down to yard...
Good luck and remember be firm....
blessed travels

stonedage

anyone have any new info on here? Im going to be staying in mobay in Jan. stayed in negril last time and got seedy weed there, but i felt all uncomfortable with doing it right in front of a security guard on the beach and i got enuf to laast the week anyway so never had to deal again. thanx

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
lol..I would be like me na no wan di bush weed dread...i need fi bun di ighest grade, seen?

Last edited:
M

Mr. Nevermind

Flamengo said:
Ask Mr. Nevermind, he knows the spots in Jamaica.

Yeah , but i dont go to Mobay that much . I land there and leave. MO bay is way too touristy and the weed is touristy there. You get the same shit at the airport. There is a nice little place west ( bout 45 minute drive) of Mo bay between club ambiance and beaches that has a big rasta named dexter camped out on the rocks all dya long there and he has good gerb , many varieties to pick from each day as well. Hes a good dude and i gave him some beans when i was there so he should have some good genes going now.

As far as security and smoking. DOnt worry about it. Security is ther to make sure no locals get to the resort and thats it. You can smoke in front of security and chances are you can get weed from them as well. I smoke in cabs, resturants, on the beach at the falls damn near every where i go in jamaica and have never had a problem. Security is fine with smoking. their job is to keep you safe and spending $$ there, they are part of the hotel so they are cool with it. Now the constables are a different story. Dont smoke around them or you will get told you will be arrested and can only get out of it with a few hundred $$.

Best herb is on the west end of negril where its more locals. In Mobay you will havbe to take whatyou can get. Best thing to tell someone is NO. If the weed smells and looks bad and has seeds tell them NO. they willl either pull out better weed or another guy will be around soon. As long as people know you are looking for herb it will findd you. Its up to you to look at it and make the choice if you want it. Within 1 hour of being in jamaica you should have 5-10 offers for smoke. No reason you cant kind a good herb in that many choices.

Last herb i got was 4 stalks of bud all top colas about 12-16 inches long and was close to 3 oz's and got it for $100. And that was my first attempt of buying herb that day. So you win some and lose some. saying no minimizes the risk of losing though

Nevermind

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I would love to go too! I'm a big reggae fan and I used to hang out with a lot of West Indians in NYC. Love the food, music and the people. You guys are lucky. I'm on the other side of this here rock right now.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Kooldank said:
nice thread.........

thinking about going .

Go to Negril if you do. Mo bay is where the airport is and very tourisy. Ocho rios is where the cruise ships port so its also very touristy and like a mall. Negril is far from both of thoose places ( like 90 minutes drive from airport) and is more local run places and alot better. Costs less to stay there. the herb is much better ans cheaper. the food is amazing, they catch you lobsters while you watch and cook them for you and they people are less pushy.

Best tip i can give anyone going to jamaica. Bring a bag of old clothes that you would send to goodwill. You can trade old clothes with locals for herb. They are poor and dont have much but have herb. and are willing to trade clothes for it. You can get a pound of herb for a bag of old shirts. espicially old Nike shirts

Nevermind

dbuzz

Veteran
Mr. Nevermind said:
Best tip i can give anyone going to jamaica. Bring a bag of old clothes that you would send to goodwill. You can trade old clothes with locals for herb. They are poor and dont have much but have herb. and are willing to trade clothes for it. You can get a pound of herb for a bag of old shirts. espicially old Nike shirts

Nevermind

do they really like that? how and where would you go about doing that...who is the person to talk to. just a random guy or woman or....

i have been to montego bay and i must say mr nevermind knows his spots. the bay is too touristy and all the locals are trying to push weak products....BUT you will still have a good time and i hope you do!! just take some day trips to negril...do some site seeing in jamaica on a bus. it's fun and unique to ride through the country. listening to bob marley and seeing how CRAZY those jamaica drive. getting close to negril in some lil city type place, we saw a man zoom by in his little car rolling a joint as he was driving like a maniac LOL :wave:

M

Mr. Nevermind

dbuzz said:
do they really like that? how and where would you go about doing that...who is the person to talk to. just a random guy or woman or....

i have been to montego bay and i must say mr nevermind knows his spots. the bay is too touristy and all the locals are trying to push weak products....BUT you will still have a good time and i hope you do!! just take some day trips to negril...do some site seeing in jamaica on a bus. it's fun and unique to ride through the country. listening to bob marley and seeing how CRAZY those jamaica drive. getting close to negril in some lil city type place, we saw a man zoom by in his little car rolling a joint as he was driving like a maniac LOL :wave:

Its not really that random. Most dealers there are always at the same places every day. So if you get a bag from him he will be there 2 hours later, or the next day also. So all you need to do is go up and shoot the shit. Ask if he wants to roll one with you and spark up a convo. Then just ask " hey man, what do you need the most that i can help with" then he will answer. Some want clothes, some want medicine some want lotion. Since they are a dealer and they have herb say " hey bro , i have some of that extra wanna trade what i have for some herb?" and since they grow herb and it dont cost them much its a steal for them.

Yeah he can take a trip to Mayfield falls which is close to negril and your driver can take you to Negril . If you go there go to elvis's wood shack next to blue cave castle. he has great herb. the road to negril is alot better than it used to be. Its paved now!! At mayfield falls the tour guides have herb to sell you. They got mad at me cuz i brought my own and didnt buy.

Also, make life easy and convert your money. Makes life easier , plus you wont get ripped off by cabbies with conversion. Also, never get into a cab without discussing price first. Negotiate there. Everything is a negotiation. Just cuz they tell you $20 dont mean thats what you pay if you say something. They were selling blue mountain coffee at one place for $16 a pound . I talked em down and bought more and got them for $5 a pound. Nothing is written in stone on jamaica.

Nevermind

stonedage

thanx for the tips, ive been to negril before a few years ago, parts of the highway wwere paved then, crazy frigging drivers for sure. I dont think ill be getting to far from mobay while im there but i will def say no to the first offer unless it looks killer. Ive heard about bartering goods there to befor, been told sandpaper, they got all that sand but no sandpaper factory so what the have is imported and the carvers will work it till there is no paper left. fuinny sounding but a box of sand paper takes up little room in a suitcase
sa

Latest posts

Latest posts