What's new

Glomus Mushroom Flushing

Seneca

I've been using GH Subculture-M for over a year in my organic soil mix. Recently a couple of my mothers have started flushing Glomus fruit-bodies.

I've noticed a couple small soil surface flushes 1-2 weeks agos, but currently all of the openings on the bottom of the pots are pinning and have or about to flush. It's very exciting to see this stage in the plant/fungus relationship!

I'm planing on printing or maybe a tissue culture to make my own Glomus soil inoculant, any mycologist have experience with dealing with the Glomus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glomus_(fungus)

Thanks

Tweexican

Glomus responds just like agaricus bisporus (buttom mushrooms).

An easy way to tissue culture them is to take a mason jar and attach a blender bottom (just the blade assembly. If you have a pressure cooker, pressure cook the two wrapped in foil. If not, take boiling water and pour it into the mason jar. Take your blender assembly and attach it as a lid. Shake vigorously to heat the entire jar and blades. Let cool.

When the jar is cold, take your specimen and wash it in a 50/50 H2o2/ h2o solution. Then place the specimen in the mason jar, being careful not to keep the blade assembly open too long. Be quick (you don't want to get bacteria or mold into the jar).

Place the whole jar and lid assembly onto the blender motor and flash blend. You now have liquid innoculum of a cloned mushroom sample.

Another easy way to do this is with broken glass instead of a blender. But the blender works so much better.

-Tweex

[image]http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/1893/tweeixican8dw.jpg[/image]​

Will this just happen from using Sub-M and recycling the soil each time? Can you also grow psilocybin cubensis mushrooms symbiotically with cannabis, say if you had a sample to inoculate with??

Tweexican

it depends on the substrate you're using to grow the mj.

You could always pasteurize some coco coir and load it with some mushroom spawn.

it'll be hard to introduce it without pasteurizing first.

benstoke

Mushrooms are a high-fiber, protein, and antioxidant-rich low-calorie food. mushroom spores also reduce the chance of major health problems including Alzheimer's, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. They're also high in the mineral selenium.

Latest posts

Latest posts