What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 with some Dough G pollen for a few seeds.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Big day for me. Feeling so much better I got my tent all ready to roll.!! Been keeping up with the diet and supps and chiro visits and its helping alot. I was able to get a small dwc set up in my tent going for the 2 plants we are going to be going with this run. Loving it! Probably put the clones right next to this bucket when my lady can move the bucket. I am still not able to lift much but I am in low if any pain which is super awesome! Growth should really take off from here!
Good to be back in the Gorilla...
gg4 dough g clones week 5 dwc1 - Copy.jpg
gg4 dough g clones week 4 dwc 2 - Copy.jpg
All righty. Looking forward to getting a actual grow on track here. We are probably 1 week out from going into the boom boom room..lol.
You all have a great one. I am hitting the GG4 hard and chilling out after my chiro adjustment...went from 0% movement in my SI joint to well over 50% in about 3 adjustments so far...so much better.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Cruising along in the deep water over here!! They just love the water! Growing well and fast. I set up a second DWC bucket for a mom or 2. Putting the final clean on the flower room this weekend. Next week the 2 girls move in to the flower room!!! :greenstars:You can see how much different in only 4 days.
gg4 dough g clones week 5.5 - Copy.jpg

Looking forward to next week. Its been 9 months since I have been in flower.....still have a nice stash tho.....that is sweet.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

This is slab city take a dab with me...
On the road I got a slab with me...
At the pad I got a slab with me...
Rookie you don't wanna dab with me...
I got the enail on the Mothership...
They got the B grade there on that other shit...

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi everyone. Plants are thriving. Got the first round of some Green Cleaner today. Just making sure we are good. They are so small I am able to put them in my hand and really get a good dousing with them upside down. We will be going into the flower room for a bit more veg this week.
I popped some beans today! I have never seen a Dough G flower or smoked one. If I am crossing the GG4 with it I would like to know what it is like. I popped 3 more of those.
I also popped some what I have named as JCGoo. Its a mix of a Afgooey female, then 2 of my strains. 1 is called C-stik the other Jumbotronic. Hoping for some good results with this one. These are 10 year old beans, at least the JCGoo is. The Dough G is from 2019.
JCGoo seeds circa 2012
jcgoo seeds1 - Copy.jpg
Dough G seeds 2019
dough g seeds 1.jpg
A run I did in 2020 with the JCGoo. Wasnt quite the Pheno I was looking for...hoping for better with these.
jcgoo2 - Copy.jpg

A close up of the bud...JCGoo.
jcgoo 70 days hid - Copy.jpg

Have a great day all! Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Pants are rolling along well, putting on size quickly. Seeds have all sprouted tails and they are getting longer. 5 days now and they are ready to move into a new home.
Still putting finishing touches on cleaning the room. Cleaning the chiller today. I run H2o2 with r/o water at a low ph to cleanse the system. Excited to be feeling better and getting my grow on.
GG4 clone only, day 32 from a cutting. Under a 65 watt HLG board..that little light is a beast. I am full LED grower now, at all stages of growth. Running about a 1.1 EC and on a 20/4 light schedule.
gg4 dough g clones week7 - Copy.jpg

Getting closer to the big room time!
Peace all, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Woot Woot! Room is clean boys!! My lady, bless her heart just got done scrubbing with the good old bleach water from top to bottom. Lights, cords, air pumps, growth modules, epic center and the lot. Were looking great here! Shot from today.
gg4 dough g clean room1 - Copy.jpg
Big, big change from what it looked like a couple months ago.
dough g x gg4 run - Copy.jpg
She did a full scrub out on the water storage too. Filling it now to fill up the system for a full flush out...
gg4 dough g clean water 1 - Copy.jpg
We are literally hours from take off here...:skiiing:So F*cking stoked!!
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hey there. Still cleaning, taking a bit longer than expected. Injury makes me slow. On the second round of cleaning the modules. This run I use H2o2 at a low ph and massive crap comes out...yuk. 1 more rinse with clean water and we are ready to fill it up. Have taken several strainers worth of crap out of the water so far and have cleaned the Y filer 3 times to!
IMG_6844 - Copy.JPG
IMG_6843 - Copy.JPG
Woot!....first time light has fired up since November of last year. Love this beast!
IMG_6850 - Copy.JPG
We should be planted by tonight and working towards flower quickly. Man the sound of bubbling/flowing water get me excited!!
Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Well hi all. So tonight has turned into 6 more days....when you are hurt you can only do what you can. I have the room completely cleaned. I am filling with water now. Will be planted in by Friday night. Couple reasons it took so long. Hurt is one and waiting on help to well help me...lol. 1 benefit is the system is squeaky clean! Running acidic h2o2 through it for 6 days really scrubbed her out. Fittings that were yellow/brown on the inside are new bright white now! Really looking forward to turning on that light tomorrow! My 2 plants are getting bigger by the day and are ready to go.
Have a great day all, I will get some pics up tomorrow of actual plants in the room. :cool::cool:
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hey guys. Got my system all filled up and nutrified. Then a hour later it was all cloudy. I guess I mixed my nutes up to quick and got a reaction...FML...first time I have ever done that. This grow is really challenging me already...lol. So total drain out and complete refill thanks to my girl. I am re-nutrifying now. I will be more extreme with my mixing. Hopefully up and running tonight.
Here are the ladies in the tent patiently waiting for me to get my shit together. 2 on the right are going into flower.
IMG_6860 - Copy.JPG
Some seeds I have going for the next run. A 10 year old set of 3 called JCGoo, made by me. A set of 2 that came from Ocean Grown. Dough G. I have never grown a female out so I want to see it in person. Specially because I am crossing it with the glue. Like to see what the parents look like you know? The 2 yellow ones are JCGoo, I wonder if they have lost some of the food storage they had from being a bit old? Hence the yellowing already compared to others. 2 on the bottom are the Dough G.
IMG_6863 - Copy.JPG
Hope you all have a great day. I just pressed some fresh Rosin and am dabbing out now!! Little dark but it is over 1 year old material. it still kicks ass!
IMG_6865 - Copy.JPG
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
One of the reasons I like RDWC so much....clean nutes. This is a full load out for my 32 gallon system.
First up we have Cal-Mag, Silica Blast and Hydroguard.
IMG_6868 - Copy.JPG
Next I roll out the Jacks A.
IMG_6870 - Copy.JPG
Then, surprise, the Jacks B...lol.
IMG_6874 - Copy.JPG
No heavy dyes or colors...no smell at all...just clean, pure goodies!! This gives me right about 1.5 E.C. and Ph of 5.7. I add a bit of Ph up and we are good to go.
A note on the Jacks. I use it in a concentrate form 100X strength. I take what is needed for a gallon them multiply by 100. Then divide by 4 and use that for each 32 oz bottle. Makes a 100 x concentrate that I can use exactly like bottled nutes...sooo easy! Application rate of 10ml per gallon gets you right about 1.2 E.C. It is cheaper than chips to!!
Planting up the 2 girls into the system as I type this!! :skiiing:
Good day Sirs!
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Well well. The day is finally HERE!!! We are planted up in the flower room ready to rock. 2 super nice gg4 clone only teens ready to do their special thing they do. Under about 1/3 power from the 630 watt light. So nice to have both ballasts on separate dimmers. Parameters right on point. 67 degree water, 1.5 EC and 6.0 Ph. They are going to blow up this week. Water is clear as a diamond, no reactions this time. I got to excited and mixed to quickly last batch.
GG4 clone only. Will be dropping some Dough G pollen on these bad girls about day 20. Woot woot!
IMG_6878 - Copy.JPG
IMG_6881 - Copy.JPG
IMG_6884 - Copy.JPG
Stuff is not as tidy and ticked up and away like I would normally have it. I still cant do much in there and I am trying not to overwelm my girl with little shit...Getting the grow on is the most important thing, not wires and ropes and little shit. It still bugs me cause I am a perfectionist if you guys did not already figure that out.
Probably go just a week or so with vegging these then flip to 12/12. 18/6 right now.
Have a great day all. I am dabbing up, tipping back a nice latte and firing up the bong to celebrate. It has been 10 months since I got a grow on. :artist:

Peace out, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Getting ready to some pressing!! Already did one of these 14 gram bags. Amazing how small you can get 14 grams to look. Doing a total of 56 for a nice little stash of heady
gg4 dough g dabs ready1 - Copy.jpg

I use a Nugsmasher and bottle tech style. Gentleman...dab away!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. I am a big DIY guy. I have basically built everything related to my grow, at least what I could. Gives me a great feeling of accomplishment when I do it. Plus I know just how to fix it if something goes wrong. Working on making more of my own nutrients. I already use Jacks so I am mixing/making my own concentrate for my A & B. Now I am working on making my own Cal-mag and Hydroguard. These 2 items I use on a very regular basis and it is nice to just make my own. The $ savings is unreal! A gallon of Hydroguard is about $70.00. I have the active ingredient, Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens, in dry form. I have enough to make around 20 gallons of Hydroguard. It cost me $27.00...!!!
Same kind of deal with the Cal-mag. Pop together 3 ingredients and you have a $50.00 gallon of Cal-mag for pennies!! It is ridiculous what Nute companies make off you guys!! All you need is a few raw ingredients, a scale, R/O water and a couple jugs to mix in...bam! Saving big cash!
My next item will be making Silica Blast. I have enough for a bit but will be making that in the future to even save more.
Give it a go guys.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. We are about 4 days into veg in the big room here. My girl popped in the trellis today. Amazing how easy that is when you dont wait till thee are 3 feet tall!! I have struggled in the past for like 2 hours when I let them get to big. My dam stems are still really purple. I have really bumped up the cal-mag...running at about 7 ml per gallon. I know the original Glue is a cal mag whore so I may need to up it even more. I have had pretty good luck with foliar feeding in the past. May do that till I go to flower.
IMG_6989 - Copy.JPG
IMG_6997 - Copy.JPG
Will be getting rid of some of this undergrowth when the time comes. Moving along well here. Prob be flipping to 12/12 early next week. Slowly moving up in light intensity. Water parameters are staying rock solid. 6.0Ph, 1.6 E.C. 68 degree water. Environmentals are good to. Using some supplemental heating to increase leaf surface temp. Air temps are 75 ish moving up to 79 at tiimes. I have a evnironmental controller hooked up to a heater. Nice to be able to set a temp range and walk away...
I have all controls outside the grow space in a cabinet. Keeps it tidy and cooler in the room. Plus I can access any control no matter if the lights are on or off without disturbing the plants. I have the light hooked up to a 2 light controller. It controls each driver independently.
Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi everyone. Finally got a app on my phone that measures PPFD. I realize that it is not perfect but it gives me a idea of where I am at. Never measured this light before just went on the maker of the strips light numbers. After checking with this phone app it seems they are right on with the numbers. I have my dimmers set right now so my plant tops are getting 550 ppfd.
I turned the light up fully and pulled over 1300 ppfd in the center from 12" away...nice. just helps me get in the ballpark closer instead of just guessing where the dimmer is at. Kind fun to know all those numbers. It does not fall off much either. 1000 at the sides and over 900 in the corners...love LED for the awesome coverage!! Fun Fun!
Peace, negative....strolls off to roast a bowl...:smoke:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Going to start flowering this PM! I have not done this before but going to give the 24 hours of dark before I start a try. Things are looking pretty well. Sometimes I still feel like a noob when it comes to LED growing....I have yet to really get a killer run ass far as plant health goes since I started with LED. Having some rust spots appear already on some of the older fans. In between veins on the leafs. Pretty sure its Calcium but I am looking at some other things.
Now that I have a way to measure my lights output more accurately trying to keep them a bit lower to see if that stresses the plant less. I always strive to keep my EC fairly low but I think I may have to really up it to see if that helps. I am doing a water change tonight so I am going to try this. A bit higher ratio of Cal-mag to the A and B. Still shoot for a total EC of about 1.5 but change the composition of it. I also added a bit of humidity in the room cause its like so low its un-measurable. I live in the desert. I had to just ghetto it with a towel and a pan with a fan but it does help. Its up to over 40-ish from way under 20.
Tell me what you guys think of the plan after looking at a couple of the pictures. I appreciate it. Parameters now are EC 1.5, 6.0 Ph, 68 degree water. Air temp is 75 to 80 day and 72 to 75 at night. 2 fans running all the time. 300 cfm 6" fan pulling out on full in a 4x5x8 area with 6" fan active fresh input. Jacks 3,2,1 with R/O water UV sterilized. Added cal mag and silica and hydroguard. Lights are running 18/6 at about 500 PPFD and a DLI of 50. They are 30 inches from the plants. Think that is all...lol.
Try not to laugh at my DIY humidity thingy....I am really on a super tight budget right now so I am doing what I can.
IMG_7021 - Copy.JPG IMG_7024 - Copy.JPG IMG_7032 - Copy.JPG
Some close ups of the problems...
IMG_7027 - Copy.JPG IMG_7028 - Copy.JPG
Hey all appreciate any input or ideas. Have always had issues with the rusting happening to soon as we get into like the 5th week of flowering....frustrating but want to figure it out.
Thanks and peace, negative.,

negative37dBA

Veteran
Well heck ya! Got my tent flood and drain all setup over the last couple days. Looking sweet if I do say so myself. Have my 2 gg4 clone only moms in there. Also a couple Dough G and 1 JCGoo. Under a little 65 watt HLG LED..it kicks ass in this 2x4
IMG_7041 - Copy.JPG IMG_7038 - Copy.JPG IMG_7036 - Copy.JPG
Love this tent. Really helps me keep up with making back to back to back runs.
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative,

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Working on day 4 of flower here. Things looking great. RDWC is so good for rapid growth. These 2 ladies are filling up the room nicely. My numbers have been rock solid. Love the stability this system offers. I do not even have my Ph doser hooked up this run...no need so far.
Been running at 1.5 EC and keeping day room temps up near 80. Keeping light levels fairly low for now. Lights are 28" away from plants. Running at a DLI of 30 and PPFD of 625. I may move that up depending on what the plants tell me. I am sure they can handle a bit more.
I may just run 2 plants from now on in here. They fill up so fast and it gives them more room the express themselves. Plus less work for me.
GG4 clone only day 4 flower.
IMG_7047 - Copy.JPG IMG_7051 - Copy.JPG
A couple gg4 moms and the next round of participants(hopefully). 2 Dough G and a JCGoo.
IMG_7060 - Copy.JPG
I run the same level of nutrient strength for seedlings and teens. It is a myth that they need less. These are in a F&D system. They run at 1.1 EC, 6.0 Ph and 66 degree water in the rez. Under a single 65 watt led HLG board. They are looking great!
Hope you guys have a great weekend! See you next week.

Latest posts

Latest posts