What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 with some Dough G pollen for a few seeds.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. It has been a while since I have been around. Hope all of you are doing well. I have taken a bit of time off from growing due to a injury. I am just about ready to get back into action. I thought I would bring you all along for the ride...
I have kept a mom a GG4 for quite some time now...like 6 years or so. Love that strain, it has treated me well. Going to pull some clones off it and put them into the RDWC unit. I kept a ton of Dough G pollen from my last run and am excited to dust a few branches of the Glue for a hopefully good cross.
Due to my injury I have not been able to work on my room for quite awhile. I am going to share a couple picture with you of what it looks like today....it is a bit sad but like I said I have no choice I am hurt so bad. I am just starting to be able to work in there just a few minutes a day.
Looking forward to what the seed cross may bring...
dough g x gg4 run - Copy.jpg

You can see tons of leftover pollen on the trellis bars...so much!!
dough g x gg4 2 - Copy.jpg

Yeah that is going to take a bit of cleaning but I will get there....
Hope to see some of you follow along. I have had great luck with RDWC for a good time now. I use a DIY, PLC 630 watt LED light. It is super sweet.
led done 3 - Copy.jpg

Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Good to see you posting a new grow. Sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully, we'll see that space all cleaned up soon. Your setup is one of the best DIY automated RDWC systems I've seen on the boards. Looking forward to this one.

peace joe

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words there growsjoe1. I had a lot of fun building the system as well as the light. The results have been very nice. It is the most efficient system I have used to date. Hydro kicks ass. It is equipment heavy but once you have the required pieces its hard to beat....Things like the ph doser, chiller and top off rez make it easy.
Have a great day all! Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi there bibi40 nice to see you pop in. Getting excited to get my grow on, it has been at least 6 months or so. I was lucky enough to put a few grows under my belt back to back so I got a nice stash to smoke on while I heal up! I have not smoked the Dough G yet. My run with it turned out to be all males so I went for the pollen instead!
dough g seed1 - Copy.jpg
dough g seed2 - Copy.jpg
dough g pollen - Copy.jpg

This may not look like much pollen but there are thousands of grains there...this will make plenty of seed.
I have not read much of anything about a cross of these 2 strains. There should be something good there. We have the tried and true Glue with a Cookies cross from Ocean Grown so yeah!
Lineage of the 2 strains.
GG4 is a 3 way cross of Chocolate Diesel, Chems Sis and Sour Dub. My all time fav strain.
Dough G is a cross of Forum Girl Scout Cookies and a Vader OG male.
Any way you slice it something good should come out of it.
Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Thought I would give everyone who's new to my threads a run down of the system/setup I use.
I grow in WATER. No dirt allowed at any stage of growth! I used to run dirt and I got nothing bad to say about it...I just like water. Its clean and precise.
I went with a proven design for my grow system, Undercurrent. No need to reinvent the wheel here. It is solid, stable, leak proof and proven. I built it myself. As I have progressed in my years of growing I have turned to doing anything I can myself. I have DIY skills so why not use them?
I used UC's bulkheads as they are awesome and EZ store containers, 8 gallon. I used 8" UC net pots. All the rest is just pvc and piping. I have a Active Aqua chiller in the loop. Keeps it perfect temp range. I run it at 66F. My system is around 32 gallons and that is perfect for this 1/10 hp unit. I use a Ph doser to keep Ph rock solid. It is a American Marine unit. I added 2 peristaltic pumps for each of my solutions. The thing is great. My Ph is pretty stable anyway but this provides insurance and it is automatic. I employ a top off rez to keep water levels correct. It is only 5 gallons but that keeps it correct for at least a couple days or more. I just do not have room for a bigger one. I run plenty of air. I have 1, 25 LPM going for the 4 sites and a additional 15 LPM in the Epicenter. Air is good no??!! This space has really done well for me. It is small but efficient.
I will drop a couple pics of the setup here.
dough g setup 2 - Copy.jpg
dough g setup ucurrent 1 - Copy.jpg

If any 1 wants to ask questions or talk nutes or grow styles or whatever lets get it going!!
I will talk about my nutrients and lighting at a future date....gotta keep you guys tuned in for more right? Think you can tell by the first picture the type of lighting I use....
Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Been prepping my tent for the upcoming clones to get going in. They will not need to veg very long. I always wait to long and then they are to big. End up cutting off a lotta growth I did not need. So 4 small girls it will be. Going for just big colas this run! Here is a shot of what we are hoping to achieve with the GG4....
theglue1 - Copy.jpg

This strain is soooo dam good! I know its kinda gotten a bad name from being so played out in every cross but the original 4 just kicks ass! I am personally looking forward to what the seeds bring.
By the way, celebrating my 18 month anniversary this month from not buying any meds!!! Been self sufficient for a good while now. Feels good.
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. So while the time passes and things are going slow I will go over my lighting setup. I made the switch to LED about 2 years ago.
Just made sense. High efficacy numbers with awesome coverage and lower power usage are just to good to pass up. I bult my own based on
the PLC photo boost strips. 22" strips with Samsung LM301b's and Cree high efficiency reds. I used 16 strips in a 8 bar with a spine type setup.
2 strips per bar. It uses 2, 320 watt Meanwell drivers, HLG-320h c1 1400b model. I have independent dimmers. It was very easy to build. I used PLC's
heatsinks so the strips fit perfectly. It fits my 4x5 space like a glove. I never have had such good coverage with lighting.
I do have to use some heat at times to keep my leaf temps up but no biggie. I did a detailed build thread on this unit here if you want to
see it in more detail.
https://www.icmag.com/threads/diy-660-watt-pacific-light-concepts-led-build.373579/
Here are a couple pics.
doughg led 1 - Copy.jpg

dough g led 2 - Copy.jpg

dough g led 3 - Copy.jpg

The design allows me to individually adjust the spines if I need to or angle them slightly around things...like that exhaust pipe. The sinks do a wonderful job and are just warm to the touch when full on.
I love the individual dimmers to control what the plants get. I also like that fact that it is a "driver off" build. They are remote in a cabinet outside the grow space. It is also very modular. I have a couple replacement boards if anything goes wrong. They don't sell these anymore to the public. They were always a PITA to deal with. The guy is super smart tho.
She is a beast and very nice. So happy I built my own. We will get to some plant pics soon...I will post up some of the mom and clones here in a bit.
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi every1..hope your day is great!
Hey I thought of a idea that could be some fun for those of you who are following along with this thread. I have searched and searched and cannot find a name for GG4 X Dough G. So why don't we all come up with a great one!! You can throw out suggestions as the thread progresses and hopefully we can find a catchy, good 1.
Here is the lineage if you all don't know. GG4 clone only is...Chocolate Diesel x Chems Sis x Sour Dub. The Dough G is...Vader OG x Forum Cut Girl Scout Cookies. There should be lots of stuff to come up with. Fire off those names boys!!!
Have a great day all!
Peace negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Ok I am going to throw out the first idea for a name to get the ball rolling. I am finding it hard to come up with something I really like. That's why I need the help. If anyone needs more info on the lineages of all the parents let me know.
Ok I wont laugh at yours if you don't laugh at mine... Gluedough or Monkeybatter
Not very original but I am trying.....remember no laughing!
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

Reactions: Gry

negative37dBA

Veteran
Love those ideas...got me thinking a whole new way...Thanks for that!!
Sourdough 4 came to mind.
I am sure we will find a great name...That Sour Chocolate Cookie Dough is a pretty good one in my opinion.
Have a great Monday all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi every 1..hope the day finds you all well.
Well, I am still waiting to clean the room up....just cannot work due to this injury. I am starting to hurt other parts of me by compensating for the injury...now my left shoulder is toast. I cannot even lift my entire right arm....dam. Hard to get my grow on when I cannot even get to cleaning.
My gg4 mom is doing great. Just have her sitting in a room in dwc under a 4 bulb t-5. Even that is hard to even maintain. I would not be so frustrated but it has been going on 7 MONTHS now.... A man can only sit and try to get better for so long.
I wish I could get this going quicker but it is going to take a bit. Have my cloner all cleaned up and ready to rock. Really lucky I have a nice stash of quality gg4 to keep smoking on. I can not even drive right now so even going to a store would not be a option for me.
The gg4 mom plugging along....for 6 plus years now!!
dough g grow gg4 mom1 - Copy.jpg

Been trying to work on upgrading my pc while I have some time but wow parts are expensive. Kind of the downside of having so much time but no money to spend.
Kind of a rambling post today but I got to put my thoughts down somewhere. Helps me deal with stuff. Hope you guys understand.
Got a new bubbler attachment for my beaker rig. It was a good deal at only $14.95. Pretty happy with it, going to put it to use right now!!!
dough g new rig 1 - Copy.jpg

Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Sour chocolate cookie dough sounds wicked. Hell with those genetics mixes you might just find the next big thing.(y)
I know we're hurting...so take it easy:cool:

Attachments

• Swt_3nuggy.jpg
    Swt_3nuggy.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0053-1.jpg
    IMG_0053-1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2804.JPG
    IMG_2804.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 107

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi every 1, hope all is well in your world.
Thanks for the nice words there growsjoe1. Might need to wait to see what the finished product looks and tastes like to give it a real good name.
Hopefully it will be gassy to!! :skiiing:

All right today's post is going to be about nutrients. Specifically the ones I use and why. What I have used in the past
and what I think I will continue forward with. Not here to bash on an1's love of a particular company. 1 thing to remember
is that companies exist for 1 reason...to make $. All other items come down the list from there... If they can sell you 12
bottles of there stuff versus 2 they will.
So in short I use Jack's 3-2-1. I refuse to pay to have water shipped to me anymore. Salts are the shit and they work and are pure.
I use very little as far as adds go. I do run R/O water so I add back calmag. I have done several back to back runs comparing using
extras then not. I have found that the extras don't do anything for me. My last run was salts and calmag. I used Sweet cause I had it
and Superthrive. That's is it. I got some of the best smoking buds of my life...same setup, same light, same strain, same everything.
What works for you may be different. In the past I have used Advanced Nutrients and used as many as 10 or 11 different bottles all
costing $30.00 to $40.00 A PIECE! I got good smoke but it cost me a bunch to do it. I just grow for me and my lady so I don't get back
any costs I put out. So expenditures are a big thing to me. Jacks is cheap as chips! It works well to! I purchased the 25 lb bags
and I will have enough base mix for at least 4 years at the rate I grow. Now I grow on a small scale so take that for what you will but the costs went
way down for me when I switched over to Jack's.
I find it super easy to use. I premix it in a concentrate and use it just like bottled nutes..easy peasey. You can also adjust
your mix whenever you choose depending on what your plants are wanting. Been thrilled with the cost reduction and results of this
great fertilizer.
If you guys want to take a deep dive into Jack's just let me know...I can go into great detail if you like.
I have made a little bit of progress on cleaning my room and am feeling a bit better each day so that is good.
Have great day all. Peace, negative. :whee:

gassydough4

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi guys...I know it is going slow...kinda like me right now. I am still very hurt but good news. My lady has agreed to help me out to get this going! She has always been a huge supporter of my growing. She understands the greatness that is growing your own!
So we did our first water change and nute up for the mother plant. Going to do a 3 day spray with to make sure we are clean and start taking some clones. Got all the clone equipment cleaned up and ready to roll. I use aero cloner, simple, clean and hella effective. Just a 5 gallon bucket with a 7 site settup. I usually get killer roots within 2 weeks.
cloner day 15 - Copy.jpg

So happy my Lady is on board...time to get this ship sailing!!
Keep those name ideas coming for the GG4 x Dough G cross guys. Looking forward to having a brand new strain to smoke!
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Hi guys...I know it is going slow...kinda like me right now. I am still very hurt but good news. My lady has agreed to help me out to get this going! She has always been a huge supporter of my growing. She understands the greatness that is growing your own!
So we did our first water change and nute up for the mother plant. Going to do a 3 day spray with to make sure we are clean and start taking some clones. Got all the clone equipment cleaned up and ready to roll. I use aero cloner, simple, clean and hella effective. Just a 5 gallon bucket with a 7 site settup. I usually get killer roots within 2 weeks. View attachment 18729814
So happy my Lady is on board...time to get this ship sailing!!
Keep those name ideas coming for the GG4 x Dough G cross guys. Looking forward to having a brand new strain to smoke!
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

Having a wiffy that not only wants to help but actually can is one of lives small wonders.
Those are some white-ass roots and the bucket looks squeaky clean. Great start to a grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts