What's new

getto bubblebags

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
here are some bubble bags my friends girl sewed for me ,i bought a 10 bag kit from filterbag .com in the bags had a seam right down the middle and that sucked so i split them down the seam and now i have 2 sides that i can get a big enough piece for a 5 gal set and a 1 gal set out of each side ,so really i have 2 5 gal sets and 2 1 gal sets we made the 1 gal set first as a trial and ran 3 runs of trim and wow 80.00 for bags (10 of them they are a lil diff in the micron sizes ) we got 35-55-75-100-150 30.00 in material for both sets of 5's and 1's 110.00 for our bags (didnt use all 10 only 5)
these are the 1 gals

G

I don't suppose by any chance ya took step by step pics of the project did you?

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
sup stank i just pm'd ya now that i think about it she did make some patterns for the upper halfs i see what i can do

G

Hello Chuck nice ingenuity. Lets see some of the finished product. I need some Bags myself. I'm just no good at improvising.

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Real nice chucky.
Way to salvage a not-so-great purchase, and get a quality product.
Along those same lines....I've got some schwagg...could your friend's girl and her magic spinning wheel turn in into some stickyicky stanky nugs of joy for me?
I'd appreciate it! Thanks.

cc-dreamin

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
here is the pattern she made for th 1 gal ya need to add a 1/2" to each side
for seams ,and ya need to cut 2 pcs material

and a 5 gal kit same add 1/2" each side for seams

actually gonna make some tonight so i'll post up when i get back

Last edited:

Blaze 1

I went on the filterbag.com website which filter set did you order?What material are the screens made of?? Would a regular seamtress be able to sew this?? Can you post a larger picture of the pattern?

Last edited:
G

Thanx chuck...katz says she can simplify it a little...she got windbreakers from the second hand store, removed the stitches from the shoulder, cut the sleeve at about the elbow, and will attach the screen to the narrow end and seam over the top....don't know what size buckets that fits yet, but it ought to work....just a simple zig zag stitch, very appropriate LOL.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
high BLAZE1 i got the 5 gal 10 bag set 79.00 screen is made of polyester or nylon
and body that knows how to sew can do it ,and i dont know how to make the pic bigger except click on it

G

hey gang .ya'll might wanna try this link for material.a homey gets toy tools and nick-nack can't live without it tools from there. i put in screening in the search and got lots of hits in lots of density's
http://www.smallparts.com/

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
another idea i had was to take a few 5 gal stackable buckets cut the bottoms off
and use some kind of epoxy gule and mount the screens on the bottoms of the buckets instead of cloth you have the plastic bucket ,it will rinse easy
hope ya get the idea

dubmantx

good idea chuckyou farley. If you can get the screens to stay you can stack as many buckets as you want. I found some 1 gallon stackable paint buckets at walmart. That might be even better since you dont need as big of a screen.

Maddlights

The problem with the bucket idea is how to get material off the screen. The advantage of the bag is its flexibility.

G

Way cool Chuck. I like how you fixed those bags up. Nice job, enjoy the Bubble
Take care