What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting off the "Bottle".... how I DIY ALL my nutes.

Koondense

Veteran
Great thread,
Generally I mix organic and minerals depending on the plants needs, for the minerals I use master blend tomato + calnit + epsom. Sometimes when I'm lazy mixing I use bionova long flower veg mix and organic bloom.
The costs with salts are impressively low, the master blend and other salt bags will last me 10 years and I paid less than 100euros total :)

Cheers

negative37dBA

Veteran
Ii run 6/9 using GH. I buy the 2.5gal jugs of micro and get 6 gal of bloom. Been doing that for a couple years and I love it. How hard would it be to make a copycat of GH 6/9 with jacks?
Ps I just put a bottle of revitalize in my cart! I'm almost out of hydrogaurd
I have no experience with the makeup of the GH 6/9. I am sure you can customize the mix however you want to though to match their makeup. Nice on the Revitalize. I am just starting to use it now....
Funny, you buy a bottle of Hydroguard for $34.00 and it reads.....
Active Ingredients of .038%
Inactive 99.962...aka WATER
Bonides Revitalize costs like $12.00 for the same size and reads...
Active Ingredients of 98.85%!!!
Inactive 1.15%
Yes even I could make money off that markup.....companies rape you daily.
Peace, negative.

Legalcdn

Ii run 6/9 using GH. I buy the 2.5gal jugs of micro and get 6 gal of bloom. Been doing that for a couple years and I love it. How hard would it be to make a copycat of GH 6/9 with jacks?
Ps I just put a bottle of revitalize in my cart! I'm almost out of hydrogaurd GH
Are you using the flora series? Which bloom? I have calculators to figure out the jacks equivalent. What dose are you using in veg/flower?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Yeah flora series from US. (I think I remember hearing the euro/uk version is slightly different?)
6ml per gal micro
9ml per gal bloom in veg and mid(ish) bloom
End up at just 9ml bloom no micro.
Diy auto watering system using hydro halos fertigating 5 times a day in 70% coco/30% perilite.
I started out with foxfarms dirty dozen suitcase, then switched to GH using the 3 bottles of flora series, Kool bloom, calmag, rapid start, floricous and whatever else bottles
Only other stuff I use now is:
Some type of silica
hydrogaurd
Yucca extract
Then I might handwater in Recharge once every 1 to 3 weeks if I remember.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I have no experience with the makeup of the GH 6/9. I am sure you can customize the mix however you want to though to match their makeup. Nice on the Revitalize. I am just starting to use it now....
Funny, you buy a bottle of Hydroguard for $34.00 and it reads.....
Active Ingredients of .038%
Inactive 99.962...aka WATER
Bonides Revitalize costs like $12.00 for the same size and reads...
Active Ingredients of 98.85%!!!
Inactive 1.15%
Yes even I could make money off that markup.....companies rape you daily.
Peace, negative.
I wonder if hydrogaurd is the same d747 strain of amy thats in the revitalize?
That's a helluva difference in price per cfu!
Thanks for this tip!

Legalcdn

Yeah flora series from US. (I think I remember hearing the euro/uk version is slightly different?)
6ml per gal micro
9ml per gal bloom in veg and mid(ish) bloom
End up at just 9ml bloom no micro.
Diy auto watering system using hydro halos fertigating 5 times a day in 70% coco/30% perilite.
I started out with foxfarms dirty dozen suitcase, then switched to GH using the 3 bottles of flora series, Kool bloom, calmag, rapid start, floricous and whatever else bottles
Only other stuff I use now is:
Some type of silica
hydrogaurd
Yucca extract
Then I might handwater in Recharge once every 1 to 3 weeks if I remember.
Here are the PPMs for flora vs jacks. Beside some micros, i put recommended ranges.
Screenshot 2022-10-21 081439.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been using V&B Dirty for many years, love the stuff but it's very expensive. I don't it in Veg because of the cost. I still use PBP grow in veg $168.50 for 5g retail. I never tracked how long it lasted. V&B dirty 25lb $285 on sale Retail $500. I don't need any ca/mag using this combo. Trying to find something that works as good for me for both veg/flower has not been easy. Nutrient cost is the 2nd most expensive item for growing. Jacks is a viable option. Might try a few smaller bags to test.

Legalcdn

If I lived in the USA, I would get masterblend 4-18-38. When I run out of Jacks, I will switch to masterblend. I wonder how Greenleaf nutrients Megacrop 2 part stacks up to masterblend and jacks.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure why other powder nutrient brands don't make a 1 part like V&B dirty. it cant get any easier to use.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am seeing that is for soil type grows from what I read....so a no go for hydro or??
They have a few different versions, even a specialty mix for LED(VBX). I grow in soil/soiless. They do have a hydro mix called DOS A/B for fertigation systems. It is super expensive for us small batch growers.

Last edited:

stiff

Veteran
420giveaway
Maybe there's someone out there interested in the compo experts salts. Be aware that the European range is different to this:
It can be used in soil or all types of systems.

Latest posts

Latest posts