What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gerritt's Cut

Terroir

Any chance of some back crosses to the ridgy dij.

Met with a chef a few months ago. He came round to dinner and we harvested a pig. He was french traveller with his lady. We drank fine wine, pizza oven roast pork and home grown potatoes in lard and spoke of cannabis. He raved about reunion. WHile we couldn't talk so well as soon as he said Reunion i replied with ZAMAL. He was shocked.
I know that you guys are working on some new zamal strains but some crosses like the orig zamali (fem zamaldelsih) and some others would be welcome. Yes they are extreme buts what smells of crrots and is of this earth has the greatest worth. Panama Zamal, Green Haze Zamal, Pur Haze Zamal, and some others that you have in your bank for sharts and gurgles.

Be cool.

B

bringyalungs

I third this.... the masses want that pure zamal.... dubi how does that sound?

M

miris

Dubi has written already few times. He work with selected zamaldelica elite mum cause its better in all ways than pure zamal. He knows why . But ive seen some zamal x haze photo at facebook and it can be very interesting.

Ps im always curious how people remember their dinners after few months hh

S

sirius haze

it will be cool if Ace seeds offer some Zamadelica linebred lines like Zamaldelica x Zamadelica separates inbred lines bred for Zamal expressions but without the unwanted traits of Zamal.(auto or semi auto flowering traits and intersexuality) Linebreeding is very good to reinforce traits and to bred more homogenous lines.

Last edited:
B

Bob Green

Seems like he is crossing everything back to the Malawi these days. I am still dreaming of a Garrett Zamal x Zamaldellic Elite. For me that is a must buy if ever made. But ACE and Dubi know where they are going with their lines. I am only trying to imagine what I want out ofthe beans. Dubi is selecting by feel. But yeah man a more pure Zamal would kick ass.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi,

Yes, as i commented previously in other threads, i'm more interested lately to inbred the best Zamal traits in the Zamaldelica line rather than working again with straight Zamal crosses or backcrosses.

A good Zamaldelica with strong Zamal influence has all the positive Zamal traits i'm looking for (especially aromas and type of effect), while Malawi adds strength, yield and desirable structure and the thai its electric type of effect.

At the moment we are working on a new Zamaldelica standard reproduction/selection using our previous elite Zamaldelica mothers and more parental plants from the last seeds of the original outcross, plants are starting to be pollinated as we speak.

We also have produced a few Zamaldelica hybrids with the Zamaldelica elites, new crosses like Zamaldelica x Panama that will be tested in the upcoming months.

Thank you all for the recommendations and for sharing your insights.

B

bringyalungs

or you could release a Breeders pack Zamal ;)... that will a 10th to remember!...we the people have spoken...lol

Nannymouse

So, the Zamali is not a cross? Above, it sounds like it is a cross....zamaldelsih? I just don't remember seeing this, so was wondering what sort of cross it is.

FletchF.Fletch

Sorry @Nannymouse , I should've explained a bit more. Zamaldelica is the strain currently available from ACE in Regulars, Feminized, and a 5 Line Breeder's Pack of 50 seeds, as well as an Auto and in several Hybrids. The lineage for the Zamaladelica is: Zamal x Golden Tiger. Golden Tiger is ACE's Malawi/Thai.

Nannymouse

Thanks Fletch, but... i'm familiar with the Ace line up, and have run some in the past. It's just that the first post has me confused... the Zamali that is stated as being a cross in that first post...i'm wondering what it was crossed with (Gauwi? Malawi?). Or have i read/interpreted that post wrong? I figure it might be an older cross that isn't run anymore, and i missed it. Not a big deal, but saw a seedlist with it listed, and was interested.

Perhaps i could pm @dubi , or he'll magically appear!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi, i did a direct F1 fem hybrid between Zamal A and Old Malawi Killer (reversed) 10 years ago that was prior to first Zamaldelica fem release, but only a few hundreds of seeds were released. I liked final Zamaldelica's recipe (Zamal A x Old Malawi Killer/Meao Thai male) more, the added Thai element makes the final hybrid more psychedelic.

We have recently produced a new direct Zamal/Malawi F1 hybrid, this time using purple Zamal mother, you can find it on the R+D section of our website, Dentex has just finished a grow of her here not long ago.

F2F

We have recently produced a new direct Zamal/Malawi F1 hybrid, this time using purple Zamal mother, you can find it on the R+D section of our website, Dentex has just finished a grow of her here not long ago.
Hi @dubi , all,

She is exquisite cultivar for me.
Easy to grow
Multi branch African structure
Finished perfect @38/39N (from seed even!)
grip of Malawi comes through with good balance of up, def sativa high.
Seems to me more up, mellow, and clear GT.
Bouquet is best part - oh my! Candied skunk, fruity pebbles just as Uniqueflower experienced. Very unique.
Rock hard med-small buds, but LOTS of them.

Thank you for this plant Dubi. I was sad to see disappear from R&D but you say it is still there? Made many S1 from this last seed of mine. Lost cut…

peace F2F
full

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow @F2F I like a lot what i see from here :love: Glad you had a good experience with the new Purple Zamal/Malawi hybrid.
It has the desirable Malawi flower structure yet the purple Zamal traits shine (y)
We only produced a bit of stock of this new hybrid to test it out so it sold out quite fast from our R+D.

F2F

Wow @F2F I like a lot what i see from here :love: Glad you had a good experience with the new Purple Zamal/Malawi hybrid.
It has the desirable Malawi flower structure yet the purple Zamal traits shine (y)
We only produced a bit of stock of this new hybrid to test it out so it sold out quite fast from our R+D.
@dubi

Easily the most beautiful plant I’ve ever had the pleasure to grow. The terps - most refined and unique. Easy trim. Can you say ~when would the Zamal mother finish outdoors at northern lat?

I have some fem pollen in the freezer. I’ll also hunt S1’s in future and put it against something. have some zamaldelica elite x purple Nepal jam 😁 Wonder if anyone else reversed theirs?

Excellent cross Dubi. Surprised there weren’t more people raving on this one!

Peace,
F2F

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @F2F the straight purple Zamal mother finishes almost in Xmas time here a bit southern than you, this cross with Malawi is faster.
Very few seeds of this cross were distributed, but the few growers that had the chance to grow it really enjoyed it.

Zamaldelica x Nepal Jam is completely different kind of hybrid, much much faster.