What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Georgia Guidestones Go Bang and Get Gone

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Why have we not heard more about this alleged terrorist bombing?
Because at the end of the day there are far more interesting news stories to report on. For the vast majority of the population the Guidestones were never on their radar so them being blown up amounted to little more then some random act of vandalism on a second rate tourist attraction.

Last edited:

Hempy McNoodle

Because at the end of the day there are far more interesting news stories to report on. For the vast majority of the population the Guidestones were never on their radar so them being blown up amounted to little more then some random act of vandalosm on a second rate tourist attraction.

Don't they want to alert the public that there could be dangerous christian terrorists with bomb-making material and knowledge roaming free? They could be 'insurrectionists' after all...

Sorry HempKat, but that idea just does not make much sense. There is a good reason the majority of the public was unaware of the guidestones. And there is a very good reason why the media does not want too much attention on this story at this time.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Don't they want to alert the public that there could be dangerous christian terrorists with bomb-making material and knowledge roaming free? They could be 'insurrectionists' after all...

Sorry HempKat, but that idea just does not make much sense. There is a good reason the majority of the public was unaware of the guidestones. And there is a very god reason why the media does not want too much attention on this story at this time.
Well you are free to believe that if you want, I know nothing I can say will change your mind. Don't twist my words though I didn't say the majority of the public was unaware of the Guidestones I was basically saying that the majority of the public didn't care about them one way or the other. It was just some briefly interesting thing in a peculiar sort of way that popped up in 1980. Kind of like those metal 2001 Space Odyssey look a like monoliths that appeared out of nowhere a few years back and vanished just as quickly.

HempKat

Veteran
I didn't twist your words, Silly.
Yes you did, although indirectly. I said it didn't make the radar of the majority of people (meaning it wasn't interesting enough for people to care enough to know more) and then you came back with "There is a good reason the majority of the public was unaware..." Not making someone's radar is very different then being unaware. One is no interest the other is no knowledge

Hempy McNoodle

Yes you did, although indirectly. I said it didn't make the radar of the majority of people (meaning it wasn't interesting enough for people to care enough to know more) and then you came back with "There is a good reason the majority of the public was unaware..." Not making someone's radar is very different then being unaware. One is no interest the other is no knowledge
Actually, they are basically, the same thing. Radars don't measure how interesting something is. They measure whether something is there or not (for the purpose of making one 'aware' of something's presence). But, aside from that, I did not use quotation marks. Therefore, it should be assumed that I was using my own words and not 'twisting your words.'

Hempy McNoodle

It wasn't actually radar.

Radar should be an acronym anyway.

Jesus Hempy you exhaust anybody.
3zy9rs.jpg

Three Berries

People only see/know what the media lets you see. 99% of the people are going to be gobsmacked when all da truts come out......

LOL Wikipedia had to lock the US Recession definition page it was getting changed so much as of late.....

HempKat

Veteran
Actually, they are basically, the same thing. Radars don't measure how interesting something is. They measure whether something is there or not (for the purpose of making one 'aware' of something's presence). But, aside from that, I did not use quotation marks. Therefore, it should be assumed that I was using my own words and not 'twisting your words.'
Whatever 😏

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I see where it went off the rails.

But I suppose the silver lining is that you don't really have to be paying attention or stay on topic...

I'll get a working plaster prototype together and we can take it from there.

In the meantime I'm sorry if you expected anything educational or a round discussion. I'm interested in megalithic structure and their functions.

I'll entertain any leads or conjecture regarding the explosion or alleged perpetrator.

All I've seen so far is 'christian terrorist with a bomb' and I live in the Midwest so I'm going to have to have a little more to go on because that could describe about every other person around here.

RobFromTX

I see where it went off the rails.

But I suppose the silver lining is that you don't really have to be paying attention or stay on topic...

I'll get a working plaster prototype together and we can take it from there.

In the meantime I'm sorry if you expected anything educational or a round discussion. I'm interested in megalithic structure and their functions.

I'll entertain any leads or conjecture regarding the explosion or alleged perpetrator.

All I've seen so far is 'christian terrorist with a bomb' and I live in the Midwest so I'm going to have to have a little more to go on because that could describe about every other person around here.
Christian Terrorists. or Nazis. maybe Maga Nazis. Anyone else is beyond suspicion :biggrin:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
So nobody is going to be prosecuted?

I'm going to rebuild weaker and smaller.

Maybe an old granite countertop is preferable over the concrete??

Maybe if we made enough some will survive the onslaught of repeated destruction.