What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OLD SOUL & Gelati Kush Mints x Double OG Chem

I Care

*Title change, I also was given an OldSoul rooted cutting.*

Original Post:
Was given this GKMDOGC seedling.

Seemed to be reacting badly to the LED at 40% so now it’s under fluorescet.
Have only watered once to run off and was told there’s some food in the soil.
Grower recommended to run half pro mix. And half cost of maine growers mix, which I should have bought there cause I ended up paying more at a closer shop.

Plan to transplant straight into a 10 gallon with 1 part cost of maine aeration blend, 1 part growers mix, 1-2 parts peat moss and 1 part perlite and then use bocanna for the flower stage. Going to run this indoor unless it seems appropriate to also propagate for outdoor growth. If the strawnanna ever seems to want to mature I will grow them side by side.

Oh it smells delicious :canabis:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Found this seedling.

Seemed to be reacting badly to the LED at 40% so now it’s under fluorescet.
Have only watered once to run off and was told there’s some food in the soil.
Grower recommended to run half pro mix. And half cost of maine growers mix, which I should have bought there cause I ended up paying more at a closer shop.

Plan to transplant straight into a 10 gallon with 1 part cost of maine aeration blend, 1 part growers mix, 1-2 parts peat moss and 1 part perlite and then use bocanna for the flower stage. Going to run this indoor unless it seems appropriate to also propagate for outdoor growth. If the strawnanna ever seems to want to mature I will grow them side by side.

Oh it smells delicious :canabis:

View attachment 18980056
Thanks for sharing your garden with us friend. Looks like you are off to a good start. I'm going to ride with you for a while.

I Care

Already running into problems.
Root bounded overnight, outside is freezing cold with hazardous weather on the way so it’s too late to unload and mix soil in the yard. I have some plastic and I know what I need to do, but I’m not dealing with all that mess inside.

Bonsai
IMG_1246.jpeg

Last edited:

I Care

Edit: on second thought, have to do something when you know what to do.

I brought all the stuff in and and then decided I’m not ready for a 40L yet.
Chose to bleach a 6L pot. Easy to measure parts using a 16oz cup.

I tried to layer the mix, peat and perlite on bottom, aeration and perlite in the middle and growers mix and perlite on top. Couldn’t get a good mix on it like that and was just compacting the soil so it went in a bucket and mixer all the way together.
IMG_1252.jpeg IMG_1256.jpeg IMG_1259.jpeg

Put a cup of peat and a cup of perlite in the bottom of the 6L pot, filled with blended media and watered in.

IMG_1260.jpeg IMG_1261.jpeg IMG_1265.jpeg

Drains fast, nice and lightweight.
IMG_1270.jpeg

Hopefully it’s not too hot!
3pts Premier Peat
3pts Perlite
3pts Aeration Formula
3pts Grower’s Mix

Again, I put this on top of that about a qt/L of 4:3 peat to perlite in the bottom of the pot. So it’s about 14 of those 16oz restaurant cups and a little seedling starter square pot worth of media to fill the 6L pot.

Attachments

• IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

I Care

Second issue.

Moved under LED.
I thought I had too much light going, intensely bright at 60%, turned it down. Had some bleaching and some reds coming out in the stems.
Now it’s continued with clawing after turning the lights down.

Not as much clawing on the seedlings.

Probably would be alright if I kept everything under the Flourescent lighting the last couple days
image.jpg

I Care

Update. Looks like the mix is a little strong or the light really stressed it out. Smells amazing!!!
image.jpg

I Care

So this soil mix is holding up really nicely.
Watered in 8 days ago. I did have some micro and seaweed water for the late ones that I cut back up to a quart and watered round down the can liner.
So 1qt of water since watering in.
Cool and moist soil and air all around right now.

I have to control the urge to flood it with the others today.
How much precipitation doesget in its natural habitat in spring? Wundermap the Himalayas and they’ll get some rain in the forecast.
I’ll just give it a massage like it’s getting pelted. Get those branches going.

I Care

Don’t know if it’s hungry or what.
Little bit of lighting condition up top.
I’ll just let it ride and have some faith.

The big sister.
IMG_1348.jpeg

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
they look fine the weed is hard to kill :) some will love them to death

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

I Care

I’m having a good time this 4/20 season.

On the second day of fourtwenty what I have done you can see, a flower rig for Gelati Kush Mints x DOGC. There’s something else her now called OldSoul. It’s another one that I was given and it’s close with the GKMDOGC in vegetative volume.

I am adding it to the title since they’re running together in the same soil.

image.jpg

Old Soul - GKMxDOGC

I Care

Stalled them out with light stress. Looking at the above post, the light was in the perfect spot to start and I lowered it a few inches and turned it up a couple notches. Could have been tragic and considered a 150HPS at the hardware store if it hadn’t improved today. It seems to be working itself out now. I didn’t document how bad they looked.

The OS cut is already popping off since day 1 of being in the night rig.
IMG_1464.jpeg

I Care

Got the Old Soul and GKMDOGC making somewhat of a come back. It’s almost a week since flooding in and the soil is still cool and damp. Pots are heavy.

Old Soul is a really vigorous cut and doesn’t mind the light much.
image.jpg

GKMDOGC is still adjusting to the light.

image.jpg

I Care

They need some potash, I have some Jacks Tomato Formula prepared and hopefully I can get some stretch and branching out of early flower. If not it’s okay, this is a less is more adventure this time around.

Based on my findings with run off PPM being 368ppm and low PH at the time of run off. 1/2tsp of Jacks Tomato Water is prepared at 493ppm and the ph is at 6.4 as it sits. Will be flooded tomorrow since that seems to be good for root growth.

The Old Soul looks quick to flower being a good cut and the GKMxDOC still hasn’t begun to bloom.

Latest posts

Latest posts