What's new

Garage growers where do you extract to?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Take air into your vent room at high level. Once it's in the vent room, keep it within ducting. Some spiralux perhaps. The air will cool while still in the ducting, so the water will drip out the end. You may need use alloy flexi-pipe but it will need supporting regularly or the waters weight will make it sag.

I once took air from one room, to another, via the roof space. It was a short run over a staircase. Maybe 2 meters. Soon as winter came, the flexi filled and sagged over the beams, then started to drip. We tried at first to keep on top of it, but even with insulation over it, it was just filling up every day. We stopped using it as the cold weather meant it wasn't much use anyway.

A du-hu might have a colder evaporator, but the contact time is nothing really. While a tube is warmer, the contact time is longer. Air can come out the tube colder.

MD84

Thanks for the advice guys. All seems to be working well now just by extracting into the room next door. It gets a bit warm but it's well insulated in there and i'l get another vent in there as soon as all this isolation business is over as i'm only running 2 lights for now with the 3rd waiting patiently.