What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gano's Xen Garden

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Week 4

Pictures where taken last night after lights out. I also raised the light and the fan. Keep in mind this is a 1000w light and take note to how close it is to the plants. I haven't pulled the plants out and given them a show in about a week or a little more. I continue to rotate both plants a 1/4 turn each day. I also pulled the tray and the res out away from the wall since there are no other plants in the room. I've also been dragging ass getting the 2x4 tray scrubbed
Week 4 Purple Urkle 007.JPG

Week 4 Purple Urkle 011.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Looks like the harvest date is right around the corner. But I have one small little issue. The heater isn't working in my drying room. I think the room might be slightly to cold to dry any buds with out potential issues. At least I've never dried anything in a room that is below 70f.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Here we are a few days from harvest. This picture isn't the best to show the room off. Branches have flopped over, the big and heavy one any ways. So it doesn't have the same kind of sky line like it did a few weeks ago. There are lots of colors in the leaves.

Purple Urkle almost week 9 009.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
some of the cuttings are having some edge rolling, so I took some pictures to be able to get a better eye on the leaves. This is what I call a Russet check. I do not see any Russets in these pictures...

Russet check 005.JPG

Russet check 015.JPG

Russet check 030.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
This set up is doing better then I was expected it to do. There where a few little bumps that came up over this grow, as you would expect from running a new hydroponic system/set-up.

The water rings ended up just on top of the hydroton instead of about an inch under the top of the hydroton. I didn't always have to try to bury them after each shower that I would give the two plants. The water rings had some clogging up issues on a few spots. But with all the tinkering I did, it kind of helped and the rings will be partially rebuilt after harvest.

The pots where hard to get buried back into the hydroton in the tray. I found that it wasn't to much of an issue for the pot to be really buried into the hydroton as I don't see any apparent signs of allege in the tray, which was the point of putting some into the tray. I don't yet know if the large canopy was a variable or how much of a variable it could have been.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
At week 8 I took some samples, a couple of small branches from the underside of the canopy. Instead of going to week 9 and chop, I took them both to week 10.

Some of the branches that where flopped over were starting to split. I think I may have clipped another sample branch at week 9 and they were a few of the branches that where starting to split at a stem node.

Week 10 after lights out and just before harvest.

week 10 pre harvest pictures 006.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Post harvest. Plus or minus a pound. I didn't weigh anything out, in the past the 1/2 gallon jars hold about 3 oz and the quart jars hold an just a little over an oz. when full.

The two 1/2g jars on the right and the left and from those plants. The 1/2g jar in the center is all the small branches (most very likely the lower branches from the plants), small stuff, not solid nuggets. The Quart jar is from select colas that I picked out while trimming.

The bag is stuff that I left on the plants after harvest the tops of the plants, some thing like 10-14 days later.

By the way the plants in the back are revegging.

post Harvest picture post trimming 013.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm playing catch up on EVERY thing. Yes that's right I'm behind on getting things done. I've been working on getting cups and pots all washed. In the past plants would grow larger then I intended before transplanting them and plants would get too big. Having stuff washed and ready for the next cycle will make this year better.

These are the Double Dutch f3 I grew out about two years ago. I haven't gotten around to dealing with them yet either. I f'ed that year and had too much going on and my garden took the brunt force of it. But they hold something of value, f4 seeds. I ended up with some seeds and they where mature enough that when the plant died, they where mature already. I didn't intend to make them (this grow), but I have them. I need to bust down those plants and bag the buds for collecting the seeds later... I need those pots and the hydroton too...

they don't look like much because they died early before they could fatten up.

Double Dutch f3 needing to be de-seeded 004.JPG

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Only issue, I never got to smoke test each plants finished flowers. I smoked on a couple of them but the rest "look" less appealing. Those two could have been keepers, but it makes knowing which seeds from each plant is going to be the potential keepers... I'm thinking I'd like to grow out some of the rest of the f2's to make several other lines of f3's.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Damn friend I love your box fan set-up. I use one too and have been for years. I will run my box fan until it don't work anymore and buy another one. Thanks for posting your work.