What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G13 Back cross- The seeds that were given away as a prize on Overgrow 2003

G

Hi Ronley,
That streching looks just like a haze strain. The buds will grow more like a vine, but eventually fillout nicely if thats what its leaning towards. Here is a pic of NLxHZ @ 30 Days I have, that is sativa dom. Its tough indoors since it seems to get taller right to the end.
Good luck with your grow, I hope shes a keeper.
GS

R

Ronley

Thanks for the encouragement Greenstreet, I hope that she will devellop nicely, Its just that she is taking so so long. Other plants that were planted the same time were harvest ages ago, and these 2 G13's are so slow...
and this is what is discouraging.
Well at least the bottom branches have good beautiful buds.

Dr. D

Veteran
Ronley i think the way the plant is flowering is down to the light it is receiving on the balcony...is that plant getting any lightpollution on its dark period from innside ur apartment??

R

Ronley

Dr D it gets A LOT of light from the neighbours upstairs kitchen light, which stays on for a long time. ( until about midnight or 1 am.)
I considerd going up there and telling them to NEVER turn it on,
I was worried about this light in the begining
, But the other G13 plant growing besides her is flowering normally -( see what I harvested on page 2,)

True that the lower branches flower first, and until she went into flower was also ages, but in comparison this one has done better- they are both the same age.

This may be to them being shaded better. but I dont think so- because the upper top branches are flowering properly-
Also another strain of a home made cross is flowering fine and also gets the same horrible upstairs kitchen light flodding,

I must actually organise a canopy but then I am worried that this canopy will shade me in.

Ideally I need a real garden somewhere out in the country ...

R

Ronley

I cut down the bigger G 13 tree on friday morning. I dont think i ever want to grow G 13 ever again. ( I still have 5 seeds of POG G13 and I think i will put it up for grabs on seed bay)

It just veg'es for to long and then the bottom part of the tree flowered and the top part strrrrrrrrrretched some more.
I harvested the bottom branches and the top is still stretching.
So I decided to cut it down today. I need its place and as it was not flowering any better then 3 months ago, I decided it should GO.

My other tree still has has some buds on the lower branches that need finishing up and so I will do that-( another week or so) The top is strrrretching, then that too will go. And in its place I will start Lifesever or Bluemoon Rocks.

Also the weed is ok... Strong but is much better if crossed with something - hence my Etzel Divine...

And So now in its place. I planted 4 seeds of My Etzel Divine. A fantastic home cross that is truely amazing. And if all grows well I would like to enter that into the 420.

R

Ronley

Ok I Culled plant 2!!!
I lost all pacience for these finishing up buds that were just not finishing. So I decided that its time to get new trees, culled it completely.

Now I have a very empty corner, but 2 pots of soil are sitting in it. - Etzel Divine.
In Pot 1 and in Pot no 2 Bogs Lifesaver.

So the cycle starts again!!!

R

Ronley

SO with all this Trim and stretchy buds I made ICE HASH

SO with all this Trim and stretchy buds I made ICE HASH

I just had to make ICE HASH. These 2 trees were growing and growing, and the bottom branches were all harvested, but the upper branches just Strrretched more and more and the buds were not filling out. Month aftrr month passed and still the same strtchy buds on the upper branches SO I simply culled.
Also I needed the space to put my newly aquired lifesaver and gumballs, and Gypsey Berry surprise. So I made I made Ice hash.

I remained with 3 large full shoe boxes of Trim, and put that into a bucket, filled the bucket with water and ice and started to mix.
In the begining the mixer kept on getting stuck because the trim kept on getting scaught up in it. But I devised a method with a wooden spoon to keep all the trim leaves away from the mixer

the surface of the water gets very frothy and the hash particles can be seen floating in th froth.

After 45 min of mixing I strained it through a sieve. the Yellow smaller sieve has bigger holes and so the water strained through quickly.

The liquid after being strained

The red strainer has very fine holes. And is actually used for flour, but I found out that it works extremely well making ICE HASH.

I then straind the remaining liquid again this time I used coffee filter bags.

And now I have a wonderful big almost golf sized ball of hash.
It is still wet and I am quite anxious to try it out.
It has a very mild smell that improve in aroma as it dries, but it reminds me of freshly cut grass with a hint of hash smell.

R

Ronley

YOu really should, It is a pity to waste all the trim.
and it is amazing how much hash you can make from all that trim.

The process is simple enough, requires about an hour. Lots of ice. I used 3 ice trays and 3 plastic ice bags, ( the kind where youfill up this plastic bag with water, it is seperated into little compartments and then you tie the ends shut)
Mix alot, and a fine sieve/gauze to strain the stuff through,
Its a pity not to.

Latest posts

Latest posts