What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Futura 75: truly monoecious?

Cosmic17

I bought seed of Futura 75 (CBD Cannabis), an EU approved strain of Cannabis with <0.2% THC, from Seedstockers, and I obtained 100% male plants and apparently female plants, instead of monoecious plants.

This variety is described as monoecious in many websites (monoecious= having both female and male flowers on the same plant as for example corn). What may be the explanation? How likely is that the seed they provided is not Futura 75? Does anyone grew/saw monoecious Cannabis?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• 1. Lane Futura 75 copy.jpg
    1. Lane Futura 75 copy.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 2. One male plant Futura 75 copy.jpg
    2. One male plant Futura 75 copy.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 4. Another plant F75 copy.jpeg
    4. Another plant F75 copy.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 6. Detail Anthers plant F75 copy.jpg
    6. Detail Anthers plant F75 copy.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Package Back copy.jpg
    Package Back copy.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 97

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
explanation maybe one : they used original seedstock and made their own seedcrop with it.
did they send those seeds with the original metalpatented package ?

next time try to get these hemp seeds from the original breeder. with the seal. it is important to have, otherwise you can t prove those seeds are the real hemp varieties.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The natural state in which hemp appears was and is dioecious. Monoeciousness is artificial in hemp, it can only exist with the help of man, and without selection, the dioecious state will return in two or three generations. I. Bócsa Hungarian hemp breeder (RIP)

troutman

Seed Whore
The natural state in which hemp appears was and is dioecious. Monoeciousness is artificial in hemp, it can only exist with the help of man, and without selection, the dioecious state will return in two or three generations. I. Bócsa Hungarian hemp breeder (RIP)

Maybe a Fem Guy :dancer:can help with that? :hide:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
There was someone else who wrote about a fem guy, but forgot to say that I also bought Futura'75 seeds at a site who bought the seeds from a Spanish company.Seeds were from plants grown in northern Spain.Haven't grown them yet.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

If you read the package carefully you'll see it lists the contents as "Regular (non feminized) seed for sowing" This means you will get male and female plants. Monoecious means one gender. Dioecious means two. I hope you'll be able to collect and store the pollen, yes? I'm a preservation kind of guy. lol :)

All that aside, how are the plants doing?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
arent you mixing feminized w monoecious ? not the same thing
futura 75 should not contain any males at all (1-3% allowed)

F1 generation 1-3% males I. offspring generation goes up to 10-15% of males, and II. again 10-20%
also decreased number in monoecious ones. it pops more female and males

look for monoica
fibrol

these are mono too

Last edited:

Alkaline710

give it some time, maybe they will still develop male/female parts in a later stage.

quote from: "Mogens Westergaard’s Contributions to Understanding Sex Chromosomes"
"Westergaard’s review of the plant data suggested that the difference between plants, often with two-gene sex-determination systems, and animals with single-gene systems simply represents different ages of their sex-determining systems. Plants may often have evolved separate sexes recently, with later changes masking the initial system.

Latest posts

Latest posts