What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fungus gnats & leaf curl

hilljack

ive got about 53 babies vegging under a 400 mh
in 16 oz keg cups
some are showing signs of upward leaf curl

and the promix i used had fungus gnat eggs in it :mad:

gonna do some ph tests as soon as i get a tester

havent given any ferts at all yet but i plan to in the next 2-3 days

anyone have any ideas on upward leaf curl and the easiest cheap method(im broke as hell) of eradicating fungus gnats

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
first get rid of the fungus gnats...... then go from there...
fungus gants take nutrients from the soil... there larve do...

so first get rid of them and go from there....

do you know how to get rid of them?

here are some things to use......

Put sticky traps on the soil surface to trap the gnats

Put potato slices on the surface of the soil. The larvae like it and will be drawn to it.. After about 4 to 5 days, remove the potato slices with the larvae. To get rid of them you can do a lot of things like either use a NO pest strip, neem oil or putting sand on the surface of the soil will suffocate the eggs and get rid of them as well. Tobacco juice kills them, and works well for re-occurrences!

They can be in or on the soil and can fly. In order to get rid of them you can use neem oil, sand on the surface again kills them, and no pest strips catch the ones that fly. A chemical product called Zone works very well and is very powerful and works well in hydro!

Picture 4 shows the fungus gnat.

also what lighting are you using?

if you didnt have fungus gnats i would say your humdity would be low or your light would be to hot and that......

but like i said get rid of them first then we will go from there......

ncsproutiv

mosquito dunks or flakes applied to your water and the top of your soil works well too...fungus gnats usually occur in an overwatered environment...
diatomeceaous earth (not pool grade) is another top dressing that will work against all soft bodied insects...good luck
hey MNS...enjoy your post at CW...definately helpful there, glad to see it here...
ncsiv

hilljack

ill be getting things moved outside before too long

i think everything will be ok

thanks for the help yall

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
There is some good Gnat info here i have only to add that ur babies are in to strong soil and are over ferted...