What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Frost

theclearspot

We are expecting a few nights of frosty weather here central europe. I mean -1, -2 degrees C at night. Not in day. Would you take any precautions in a Greenhouse for that ? Im asking because I always leave a top window open to help against mold but that will make the Greenhouse colder.I have about 3 weeks left on my grow in flowering. cheers...:)

Last edited:

303Medical

We are expecting a few nights of frosty weather here central europe. I mean -1, -2 degrees C at night. Not in day. Would you take any precautions in a Greenhouse for that ? Im asking because I always leave a top window open to help against mold but that will make the Greenhouse colder.I have about 3 weeks left on my grow in flowering. cheers...:)

I know how it is balancing humidity with other factors in a greenhouse, it's stressful as shit. I would recommend a dehumidifier if you don't have one already.

As for the temperature problem, I would close the vents at night and try to prevent sub freezing temperatures. Make sure to open the vents in the morning again for air circulation as well as co2 replacement if the greenhouse is indeed air tight.

303Medical

By the way, dehumidifiers also warm the air a little bit so that could help simultaneously with mold and low temps. peace

theclearspot

Yeah cheers 303. So far so good: no mold (I think!). I usually have to harvest, not according to trichome amberness, but mold issues.flowering started about 7Sept so they've had 6 weeks flowering. different strains but I reckon another 2 weeks and I will harvest. I don't have a magnifier I tend to just look at the colour of the pistils....
My solution to the greenhouse problem is probably to build another stronger one attached to a brick shed (ive had rippers) so there is no entrance to the greenhouse except through the glass! then I can open the door into the shed which i think will give better air circulation less condensation perhaps.

Latest posts

Latest posts