What's new

From CA to Thun

stussy22

Excited I will be in Switzerland for 2 weeks in the end of September!!! I will be staying with family in Thun, Spiez and Luzern. I want to make some trips to the chocolate factories especially Camille Bloch.

What do you guys recommend to go see ? And some great places to get some of switzerland's best. Excited to go can't wait.

stu :joint:

LTTMK

Actually I've seen so much here... Don't know where I would go anymore. You've got some great Mountains around Thun and I'm sure you will find enough things to see here. The City of Luzern itself is really nice. Lot of old buildings and such. But really I could not recommend you anything because I have no idea what your interests are ;)

stussy22

LTTMK thanks for posting!! Would it be to early for snow in Grindelwald ? I have family that lives in Luzern. And hopefully they know some good places :D.

But what would you recommend from seeing so much there? I am opened minded to a lot of things. Heck I have swiss blood in me.

Thanks for stopping by.

stu :joint:

LTTMK

I guess the altitude is too low at 1000 m. You would need to go at very least >1500 m altitude. But hey. You know what's going to be ripe in September ;). When you're in Thun you might want to see "Kandersteg" A very nice town (but lots of Tourists there). I'm from another place in Switzerland so i don't know too much about Canton Bern or Luzern. What you might need to know is that if you travel like 100 km (60 miles) the language already changes a lot. It can be like going from GB to California. A lot of different kinds of German (Swiss is actually a kind of German same for Austria).