What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Friends in Ganja Grow Show* Featuring Mr.Postman, Tbug, MeltingPOT

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
:ying:Welcome to the first, and hopefully annual;) Friends In Ganja Joint Grow Show:ying:

While our grows are hundreds if not thousands of miles apart, and unknown to most everyone we share our daily lives with. We all came here to icmag to share our passion for this plant openly, and learn from other like minded folks. Luckily I can say that I've found a few good friends in ganja over the years LOL:friends:

I'm used to doing these grow shows by myself, but lets face it... There is nothing better then sharing your grow show with a few good friends. Having Tbug, and MeltingPOT along for this journey is sure as hell going to make it more fun for me, and a more fulfilling show for others. When it comes to growing these guys have skillz, and they've sure done their part helping, inspiring, and providing me some damn good reading/drooling material during my down times..

This thread will document the growing of the Eeast Coast Sour Diesel (clone only), Trainwreck Bx1 (H3ad Seeds), and Wonder Diesel (AAA Reservior Seeds), in 3 diffferent grow rooms, in 3 different mediums, and being fed with 3 different nutrient regimens:joint: Should be interesting...

Since we're all at different stages of growth with these varieties, they shall be the ones that'll keep this thread alive and exciting with pictures of resin dripping buds when it may be kind of boring on my end, and visa versa:canabis:

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I'll be growing in the same set-up as my last few grow shows on here.

Dr120 grow tent.
400-600watt nextgen ballast burning a 600watt super hortilux in a cooltube
6in. 440cfm eco-plus exhaust fan on speed control pulling through an Active Air/can33 sized carbon scrubber.
picture.php

I'll be growing the plants in coco medium, and using flora-nova bloom nutrients, and a pk bloom booster powder later on in flower. Plants will finish up in the 3gal containers. Each container has a nylon wick which I'll be putting into use once the roots are established in the container. I plan to use tomato cages to help support-train the plants, and those will be added once the plants have rebounded from yesterdays tranplant, and have a lil more size to em.
picture.php

As you can see in the pics a couple containers have 2 smaller plants each which I've done in the past with great results. I May add another row of 3 containers with more trainwreck and wonder diesel, though I'm not so sure yet.. My Last grow with 8 plants, 4 of which were quick growing-stretching-naturally bushing trainwreck was out of fuckin control LOL.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... 1 of those ecsd plants will have a few buds selected, and dusted with some trainwreck bx1 pollen I have in storage... I don't know about you's, but a ecsd x trainwreck cross sounds like a must do... After all similar, but different genetic pairings have produced world class cup winners (Ie. H3ads casey jones)

Last edited:

ShamanStyle

Yep, Sour Diesel x Trainwreck! lol Trainwreck is west coast awesomeness so hey east meets west. It's like some captain planet powers combine thing, I'm waiting on some Kandy Kush (TrainWreck x OG Kush) right now...should be tasty too...good luck! I want some!

-------------------------:smoweed:----

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High Post! Thanks for makin this nifty lil' thread! Glad you added in the other strains as ive got some ready to harvest TODAY...lol. So, not many journals start out with harvest pics...lol.

High All! Well ive got three gardens as well, Aeroponic, Aeroflo, and coco. My ECSD, TW, and WD were given to me straight from the postmans cuts. So youll be seeing the exact same plants grown in different stlyes. Right now im still in the middle of a spidermite battle, so my plants wont look as happy, but i got them on the run now, so should clear up soon.

This here ECSD is just a trial run(coco)..sorta. an extra clone that rooted so i decided to flower her. Had a slight cal-mag def(very hungry plant) and seems to be very suceptable to the mites...
SSCN8614.JPG

But smells great so far and is not very leafy, witch I like.

The Train Wreck has been Awsome. Crazy tric production and scent is incredibal. To me, its a mix of tide and paint thiner...lol...
SSCN8615.JPG

Shes sittin right next to the ECSD, but as you can see, has not really been affected by the mites!

And of course the ECSD clones are just about ready for topping and a grow done right...
SSCN8616.JPG

I think her and the WD original will grow nicely together in the aero unit. They have a similar lanky-leafless structure.
I will need to get some pics of the WD along with the harvest in a few.
Peace and welcome all, bugout:Bolt:

Last edited:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Tbug, so glad ya made it bro... Damn, and your already dropping nice pics of these ladies in flower.. I better get busy over here hehe.

Tide & paint thinner is a real interesting take on the tw bx1 aroma. We're more into Gain round here, but I can certainly see it having that paint thinner edge to it. I'm glad you like what your seeing/smelling from them already. I find the twbx1 to be a real unique plant for a few different reasons.. 1. being the short flower time for what looks to be a sativa dominant variety. 2. the closeness of the nodes - profuse bud sites, and natural tendency to branch/bush out, and lastly number 3. The truely unique smell-flavor of the flowers. IMO it has everything the ecsd cut seems to be lacking as far as growth-structure goes.

Grat3fulhead& Mrs Grat3ful I gotta hand it to ya two.. The trainwreck bx1 has become one of my favorites of late. Not only is the smell-taste-bag appeal awesome, but the shit is Potent.. Rings my bell everytime with it's trippy heady high, and numbing body stone. I'm looking forward to when you guys can work the line some more, and refine something that is already damn good IMO..

Shaman, I like your style bro.;) yes, east meets west!! I'm sure a trainwreck/ogkush cross would certainly produce some fine smoke.. Is that something that was offered for sale anywhere in seed form? Like the ecsd cross, that to sounds like something I'd like to try and make myself... Maybe if I find a nice sfv type male in my upcomming sfv ogkush/chemdog seed run:chin:

Last edited:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yoinks: Well lookie here! Let's go...
Where I stand:
ECSD bout 60 days in.
Wonder D bout 10 days in.
Rooted TW cuts...gimme a week or 2 to get em moving...
This should be fun fellas...I am hoping to keep up with you 2...especially in aero and coco...!
I will be running all these gals in ProMix fed PBP w/ additives under a 600 watter in a tiny lil' area...the plants won't be huge compared to my boys here, but dank nonetheless...
Some shots of the ladies Past and Present.
ECSD Past
picture.php

Not yet.
picture.php

Now she's really ready.
picture.php

ECSD Present
picture.php

picture.php

TWbx1 Past
picture.php

picture.php

Wonder D Present
picture.php

MPoST- Looking STELLAR wooHoo...you make me miss coco bro, great ratio of Sour in yer tent eh? !!!
TBuG- Glad to get this underway! Cannot wait to see you rocking that Aero again bro...
Peace to all

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
This should be fun fellas...I am hoping to keep up with you 2...especially in aero and coco...!
I will be running all these gals in ProMix fed PBP w/ additives under a 600 watter in a tiny lil' area...the plants won't be huge compared to my boys here, but dank nonetheless...

MPoST- Looking STELLAR wooHoo...you make me miss coco bro, great ratio of Sour in yer tent eh? !!!
TBuG- Glad to get this underway! Cannot wait to see you rocking that Aero again bro...
Peace to all

Hehe give it up bro LOL... I'm amazed at times by the plants you pull out of your itty bitty "tiny lil area":respect: Promix or dwc, you've grown some of the nicest ECSD plants I've seen... I really dig those before n after ecsd bud pics. That'll be a goal of mine. Lots of buds like the after pic:) Being my first run with her, and first run with the nova bloom I hope mine turn out as nice..

As far as the ratio in my tent hehe. I just had too!! It's been such a long time coming for me and the ecsd. I never thought I would of been in the position to snag a clone only, let alone the one that's been at the tippy top of my must try list for SO damn long. Originally I was going to run another 3 tw/wd in there, but since I have tendency to overgrow I thought it'd be nice to have some room to work, and train these plants a bit.

L

Lune TNS

Can't wait to see his one unfold... definitely will be interesting seeing the same cut ran with three different methods, and by three very skilled greenthumbs. Not to mention ecsd is some of my favorite smoke... I'll be following this one for sure :joint:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wonder Diesel...Taking it hard already...
picture.php

ECSD finishing......She really uglied up on me...she's flushing...
picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
That wd is shaping into a nice lil hedge MP. Since that plant puts so much buds up even in the canopy I usually have to trim off a bunch of undergrowth to let her concentrate all the energy to the tops. Mostly because I have a friggen habit of vegging everything to long...

It looks like the tomato cages may of been a good idea on my part with the ecsd;) Right now the ecsd is outgrowing the wd, and tw in my garden. Lots of stem, but more vigorous then I thought it woulda been.. I know once flip to flower the tw is going to explode in all directions though, and I'll have to prop up the wd like I usually haveta do. Let me ask ya.. what day do your chop the ECSD, and what about the tw? I chopped all the tw plants between 65-70 from seed, but it looked like it coulda went even earlier.. Curious it there was any differnce from cutting..

Sleepy/Lune Good to have you guys along for the journey.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all looks fantastic! - i particularly like the 'not yet' and 'now she's really ready' comparison :)

i'm in

V.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I took the TW 70ish...the ECSD 80ish...the longer the better with the Diesel 4sure, if she's cut early she's worthless IMO...

Verdant, Looney Lune, SleepY!

noreaga

Just got my mornin coffee and am taggin the shieeeeet outta this thread, MP u've always rocked aero on the sour's? if not I cant wait to see wtf is really good.... to sour and beyond! mazel tov

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nah, that's TBug's routine NORE...keep yer eyes on this one bro, should be good stuff...

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I think I took the TW 70ish...the ECSD 80ish...the longer the better with the Diesel 4sure, if she's cut early she's worthless IMO...

Verdant, Looney Lune, SleepY!

Wow, bro that almost sounds scary LOL... That what is supposed to be one the highest caliber plants in this day n age could be considered "worthless" when cropped a lil earlier then ideal. I've heard that before though, so I was already planning on going atleast 75 with her. Now that I know better I'll shoot for ~85days to be safe... I'll tell ya for all the strikes she has against her ie. longer flower times, average yield, and being so lanky she just has gotta be of the highest order when done right..

I happen to really enjoy good tasting/smelling pot though, and when it comes to that nothing has been quite like the diesel hybrids I've run. I cant get over how close the smells are when rubbing the stems and compairing the ecsd to the orig. wonder diesel I've been growing (think the ix1 has a lil more pine). Different growth structures for sure, but the stem smell is all the same. I'm SO looking forward to crossing her to a few solid males. Especially those chem4/chemdog, blueberry/chemdog, sfv/chemdog, c99/chemdog, and so on and on hehe...

noreaga

I was about to say i thought u rocked D-Dubya. Either way its never a dissapointment and its sour, which means it matters :joint::joint: really lookin forward to this one

Latest posts

Latest posts