What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Frequent disaster or a random victim?

Superauto

I'm gonna have my first guerilla grows this year and have a big fear of having it all eaten by deer and others so I will split my grows into five spots.

But let's say 2 out of 5 grows get eaten, 3 remains untouched(in my dreams!).
Do you think the same two spots will also become eaten the next year or was it just bad luck and another spot is more likely to get eaten that year?

What is your experience, do they come back for more? ;)

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
You can stop animals from eating them, but you're gonna need to make some cages and remove them once the plants are big enough.

Anywhere your plants get eaten one year you can bet they'll be eaten again the coming year if you don't do something different.

Koondense

Veteran
Check out Liquid fence and similar products. Location is very important, deer have their routes so find a spot wher they usually don't reach.

Cheers

St. Phatty

I'm gonna have my first guerilla grows this year and have a big fear of having it all eaten by deer and others so I will split my grows into five spots.

But let's say 2 out of 5 grows get eaten, 3 remains untouched(in my dreams!).
Do you think the same two spots will also become eaten the next year or was it just bad luck and another spot is more likely to get eaten that year?

What is your experience, do they come back for more? ;)

They come back for more the same season, but the next season it's usually a whole new deer family that finds them.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's green with no protection, it's easy fodder/foraging for animals. Not random, just the way it is. Harder to get if in thicket bushes. Like humans, animals are creatures of habit, thus trails are usually spotted easily. Anywhere near a water source may attract them.

Cages do help or chicken wire domes. Good luck!