What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freezeland

browntrout

Veteran
Strain Info:
Smoke-a-lot
Freezeland
Indoor / outdoor
Based on the Friesland clone from Quebec, originally from the SSSC. This Cut was hit with a pluton male, then backcrossed the the Friesland cut twice(freeze bx2) which I have been inbreeding/working with ever since. Very easy to get freeze types- expect a great yield of solid buds able to withstand terrible weather/conditions, a true workhorse strain for northern growers, lots of frost and smells ranging from pine to citrus/fruit, and a fast finishing time truly makes this one of the most popular outdoor strains in Canada​
Indoor flowering 8 weeks
Outdoor flower time- Mid-end of September

Let me first start by saying this strain is exactly like the description and pictures shown. I grew this strain last season with 10/10 germination, Some of the seeds grew with 2 or even 3 sprouts or seedlings from one seed, I've never seen this before. The Freeze finished by the first week of September and were totally done by the second. I am sure there would be phenos that would be totally done in august.

This strain along with others should only be grown in natural soil and with organic amendments, as the flavors and high really shine through.

They grew big and nice with an above average yield, this strain is some of the stickiest and most pungent strains I have grown. I lost four plants and ended up with 3 females and 3 males, the females all shared similar growth patterns and smells ranging from astringent cleaner to a robust berry/rotting fruit smell. Like I said this strain is the strongest smelling herb I have, it keeps it's smell and stickiness well into the cure. The taste is also much like the smell. While the high is somewhat balanced between indica/sativa, the plants grown in natural soil gave a long lasting indica buzz with major red eye and enough sativa to get the thoughts moving.

Here are some pics of a couple phenos;

Attachments

• sept 043.jpg
    sept 043.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 75
  • sept 086.jpg
    sept 086.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 68
  • sept 088.jpg
    sept 088.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 70
  • oct-nov 039.jpg
    oct-nov 039.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 66
J

Junkhead

Nice looking plants. I've been thinking of getting these for a long time. Thanks for the very detailed rundown. Glad the smell comes through into the taste that's hard to find. What latitude are you at if you don't mind?

Ive grown the Guerrilla Gold#3 F7 they've had for sale. They were nice afghans which came in beginning of Sept at 45 north. I made about 250 f8's for next year. Also planning on making some crosses which run later since I have till Oct 10 most years, sometimes quite a bit more.

browntrout

Veteran
Nice looking plants. I've been thinking of getting these for a long time. Thanks for the very detailed rundown. Glad the smell comes through into the taste that's hard to find. What latitude are you at if you don't mind?

Ive grown the Guerrilla Gold#3 F7 they've had for sale. They were nice afghans which came in beginning of Sept at 45 north. I made about 250 f8's for next year. Also planning on making some crosses which run later since I have till Oct 10 most years, sometimes quite a bit more.

Like I said this strain needs to be grown in natural soil to have a quality taste, at that point it is tastey than most strains. Guerilla gold is the northern growers backbone I hear. Would love to try it sometime. 45th parallel

B

Brad

good job dude.its a pretty amazing line...makes great hybrids to for us northern people ;) plants look great
PEACE

H

highsteppa

For those looking for pine flavor in a strain, here it is. Pure pine phenos are in there, but most are blend of pine and citrus. The stuff is smelly too--5 hours of trimming it will give you a headache from the overwhelming smell.

One of the unique things about Freezeland is the the strength of the flavor. The flavor is always there, and sticks to your mouth as mucha s any chem, deez, or og. On top of that the stuff is some of the most bomb proof outdoor strains, and it crosses very well. I grew some "Friesel" or ecsd x freeze this season that was incredible.

browntrout

Veteran
I believe you Highsteppa, that would be the perfect cross. I have bred the freeze daddies with some Texada/Skunk x Durban. Should be a good cross! I'm expecting some unreal vigor.

browntrout

Veteran
Some freeze sativa pheno shots

Attachments

• IMG_5826.jpg
    IMG_5826.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5831.jpg
    IMG_5831.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Latest posts