What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freakshow (fern leaf strain) by shapeshifter/humboldt seed company

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I picked up some Freakshow when they first came out, made F2s and hit up a GG#4 with some Freakshow pollen.
Freakshow F2s are all freaks
GG#4 x Freakshow = 0 freaks. I did keep one plant that came from these seeds that smells/tastes great, is a nice yielder, and potent.
(GG#4 x Freakshow) x (GG#4 x Freakshow) had about 25% freaks.
(GG#4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow had about 50% freaks.
The plain Freakshow is not the strongest bud but the terps are different, as are the terps in the crosses I made.
The GG#4 x Freakshow is a lot stronger than the plain Freakshow.
The (GG#4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow I kept, is a freak, makes a nice xmas tree shaped plant. The branches are stronger than the regular Freakshow.
I got bored and stopped crossing them any further because I liked the plants I kept.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Still vegging along. These are fun. :)

PXL_20220227_132729324.jpg
PXL_20220227_132716829.jpg

laszlokovacs

Looking good. Also have the pleasure of growing this freak. Grew a male out for pollen a few months earlier but theyd been on my radar since it came out. I got them from 7 east genetics n pretty happy with his gear but im a noob. Got 2 lil freaks here next to some abc genetics i also got from 7 east that are supposedly crossed to some sangria. Got them with a few of my vegetable starts for the coming season. Nobody would ever guess this is cannabis from the picture, hoping the same happens outdoors. Anyone got picks of the freaks in flower outdoors?

Attachments

• IMG_3661.jpg
    IMG_3661.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 128

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
They are certainly are fun to grow, even just for the ornamental aspect. :) Hope they smoke nice too, but I'm sure they'll be enjoyable.

Nice to see the vegetable starts too. I have about 50 pepper plants going and a dozen tomatoes too....

laszlokovacs

They are certainly are fun to grow, even just for the ornamental aspect. :) Hope they smoke nice too, but I'm sure they'll be enjoyable.

Nice to see the vegetable starts too. I have about 50 pepper plants going and a dozen tomatoes too....
I find the smells i get from stem rubs/cuttings is pleasant although mild, sort of danky/earthy with some pine and lemon hints too, flower should def be average at minimum but im sure very smoke able.

Thanks these are all peppers and about half of them. I have 10 6-cell trays of more starts w tomatoes/tomatillos/eggplant/peppers in another place just ran out of space/lights for them whoops. this is my most addicting hobby by far

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I planted 5 of the eBay Freakshows yesterday that had just cracked.
Should be very interesting
Mine were from Ebay too...also picked up a pack from RSC, so I have a shitload now. Gave a few to a buddy and maybe he will try a couple as well.

I hear ya Laszlo. I'm all in for gardening these days. It's nice to get outside in the warmer weather, and then when it turns cold and wintery I have a little indoor oasis to visit every day. :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks man! These are so cool looking, it's gonna kill me to chop them. I think they may have another week or two but I might take a tester bud this weekend and see where it's at. Trichomes are still clear and cloudy mix under the microscope.

Liltree

I picked up some Freakshow when they first came out, made F2s and hit up a GG#4 with some Freakshow pollen.
Freakshow F2s are all freaks
GG#4 x Freakshow = 0 freaks. I did keep one plant that came from these seeds that smells/tastes great, is a nice yielder, and potent.
(GG#4 x Freakshow) x (GG#4 x Freakshow) had about 25% freaks.
(GG#4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow had about 50% freaks.
The plain Freakshow is not the strongest bud but the terps are different, as are the terps in the crosses I made.
The GG#4 x Freakshow is a lot stronger than the plain Freakshow.
The (GG#4 x Freakshow) x Freakshow I kept, is a freak, makes a nice xmas tree shaped plant. The branches are stronger than the regular Freakshow.
I got bored and stopped crossing them any further because I liked the plants I kept.
Hey! Did you notice much influence onto the smell of the freakshow types in the F2 hybrid?