What's new

Fox paw garden 2022

dilettante

100_3899.JPG
100_3902.JPG

100_3907.JPG

Genetics:

Floating Genie x Congo [Floating Genie =F13xGenius from Retardo Motabon. Congo from ACE]

GBFA = Grapefruit [Female Seeds] x (Bangi Haze + Purpurea Ticinensis from Esbe + F13xApollo11 from Highlighter]

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Looking good! Thanks for sharing your grow with us. How do you grow such pretty healthy plants under trees? Do you get over 6 hrs of Sun out of the WEST in the location? 😎

dilettante

I forgot to mention: 50° N in Europe.

Mild climate.

It was a very good year weather-wise. The 6 weeks of drought and heat from mid July till the end of August didn't phase the plants in the slightest. They were planted out in the last week of April and had ample time to root deep.

September was cold and rainy. October warm and sunny.

I harvested in the first, second, fourth weeks of October and in the first week of November.

Most ended up fluffy, but some made nice buds. The first two rounds that I took down were a little rushed due to the bad September weather and fear of mold.

100_3917.JPG

100_3921.JPG

100_3926.JPG

100_3927.JPG

100_3929.JPG

100_3930.JPG

100_3946.JPG

1668110165000.jpeg

dilettante

Looking good! Thanks for sharing your grow with us. How do you grow such pretty healthy plants under trees? Do you get over 6 hrs of Sun out of the WEST in the location? 😎
Hi Creeperpark, the trees are dead spruce. Dead for a number of years already. The only shade the give comes from the trunks. The trunks help obscure the garden from helicopters, planes and passers-by.

The spot gets sun from noon until the evening, when the sun sets behind the other side of the valley.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, thats pretty impressive, getting pretty good light there, big plants! What did you do for fertilization? I bet the soil is pretty good there. It would be good to clear the native plants back and get some air circulation to help with the mold. Excellent work! Thank you for sharing! :smoke:

dilettante

Yeah, thats pretty impressive, getting pretty good light there, big plants! What did you do for fertilization? I bet the soil is pretty good there. It would be good to clear the native plants back and get some air circulation to help with the mold. Excellent work! Thank you for sharing! :smoke:
Hi pipeline! I'm glad you like the pictures. They were the biggest plants I've ever seen.

The soil is pretty good judging by the native vegetation (nettles and big raspberries). The only thing I did for fertilization was about two cups of worm castings, a cup of charcoal based soil conditioner and a cup of pelleted cow manure per hole before planting plus another cup of cow manure at mid season.

Later in the season the plants shaded out the undergrowth.

I had almost no mold. Literally just a handful in total plus a speck of powdery mildew on one plant.

What I had to do is to tie the plants to the tree trunks as the started falling over once the developed flowers and got rained on.

dilettante

Great location for a Stealth Grow !

How are the deer & rabbits treating the plants in that location ?
No loss to critters at all. I caged about half of the holes but run out of fence material. There are deer and rabbits in the area. In the year before deer used it as a sleeping/hiding spot. I always urinate there when visiting.

dilettante

Here are some pictures of the Floating Congos = ((Genius x F13) x F13) x Congo. I had 5 of them. They were the latest and lankiest and lowest yielding of the lot (except the two that grew really big). I took two down on the 23.10. and the rest on the 1.11. One made tight buds, the rest was fluffy jungle weed. Nice smells on all of them and nice colors.

100_3985.JPG

100_3988.JPG

100_3991.JPG

100_4009.JPG

100_4008.JPG

100_4010.JPG

100_4032.JPG

100_3992.JPG

100_4011.JPG

100_4031.JPG

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Outstanding job! Great pictures! Really enjoyed your gardens, thanks for sharing! Was it lower yielding and late because of the dense native vegetation or is that just how the strain grows? Sounds like it will be worth the wait. If it smells good, it usually is good.

Whats your method for harvesting and drying?

dilettante

Outstanding job! Great pictures! Really enjoyed your gardens, thanks for sharing! Was it lower yielding and late because of the dense native vegetation or is that just how the strain grows? Sounds like it will be worth the wait. If it smells good, it usually is good.

Whats your method for harvesting and drying?

Hi pipeline, thanks for the nice words. I'm happy you enjoy the garden.

Lower yielding and late compared to the other lines growing among them. You can see the structure of them: little puffs of bud on floppy branches with long internodes. No legsized colas like the GrapefruitxVictory x F13xApollo11 or some of the others.

I take them down in small pieces, bring indoor, wet trim the small stuff with the "salad bowl machine" and hang in a net with the biggest buds untrimmed. Dry for a couple of days and then jar with boveda 62. This year I did some experimental cobs with the small stuff as per the Malawi Cob Thread. The small machine trimmed buds dry super fast. The first round this year got too dry too fast due to not being able to monitor the process very closely.

I haven't yet tried all of the Floating Congos. I think I smoked just one of them once or twice. First impression is good. The dried flower has a honey smell.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, figured you might have a trimmer or something, thats a lot of trim work. Had never heard of Boveda before, thats great! Will have to try that next year because I usually let the flower dry out too long to prevent mold. Boveda would allow more flexibility to jar at the normal stage and not not worry as much about the flower still being moist. Then as you burp the jars, they tend to dry out. That would really preserve the trichome quality. Drying out too much allows oxidation and the cannabinoids can begin to degrade.

Drying oudoors, the "loud resin indica" plant that was the strongest smelling in the garden I jarred too dry before the humidity kicked up overnight and re moistened the rest of the crop. It still has great potency and taste, but its not at peak like some of the other plants that had a little higher moisture content when jarred.

Is Bovida able to re-hydrate overdry flowers?

God really blessed you this year! Growing out in the bush isn't easy. Happy harvest! Have a good Thanksgiving!

dilettante

Cool, figured you might have a trimmer or something, thats a lot of trim work. Had never heard of Boveda before, thats great! Will have to try that next year because I usually let the flower dry out too long to prevent mold. Boveda would allow more flexibility to jar at the normal stage and not not worry as much about the flower still being moist. Then as you burp the jars, they tend to dry out. That would really preserve the trichome quality. Drying out too much allows oxidation and the cannabinoids can begin to degrade.

Drying oudoors, the "loud resin indica" plant that was the strongest smelling in the garden I jarred too dry before the humidity kicked up overnight and re moistened the rest of the crop. It still has great potency and taste, but its not at peak like some of the other plants that had a little higher moisture content when jarred.

Is Bovida able to re-hydrate overdry flowers?

God really blessed you this year! Growing out in the bush isn't easy. Happy harvest! Have a good Thanksgiving!
Hi pipeline, I hope you had happy Thanksgiving. The Boveda packs do re-hydrate the buds. It's the first time that I have used them. Yeah, this year was really good. I'm already all fired up for the next year :D

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to get better plants next year. Need to follow your fertilizer regimen!