What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fox farm nutes....

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Growing weed is hard and mixing with testing pH and Ec., it's easy to get burnt out. You can do a living soil with water only, however, you have to mix the amendments and allow the media to cook for about 6 weeks. Then you will have to monitor the water which can be a problem for some people that can't get pure water. Either way, you do it there's still a lot of work growing cannabis. You may just be getting old zack. 😎

goingrey

Never tried them for cannabis myself but they do sell these slow release fertilizer things that work with the "just add water" method. Most famous might be BioTabs?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You can get by with time-release fertilizers like Osmocote time release. However, finding the right amount to add before planting can be a challenge. If the amount of nitrogen is high during flowering it can cause the flowering to fail. It works and it works well if you can get the amounts perfect. Sometimes the plants will need added P and K after the nitrogen is depleted. Using pure water with Osmocote in the soil will speed up the release. Add 1 tbsp per 3 to 5 gallons of soil and keep your fingers crossed. 😎

iStruggle

If youre into soil imho organic dry amendments are the way to go. I use DtE myself, also some gaia green for flower. Earth juice is good too, some say better than GG or DtE.

Im on to coco now for indoors, but my promix/DtE blends have been not just my easiest, but also my largest yielding grows.

blondie

You could try sea 90. Several on here have had good success. I used it this past summer outdoor and Did ok. I’m fairly sure I didn’t water enough and saw ok yields. Add to your water, stir and done. Another member used this along with fruit and did very well.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If you have room for a couple 100 gallon tubs to keep a batch cooking while you are growing, living soil is pretty easy. You have to deal with bugs from bringing the soil inside. I recycle and amend, while the other tub’s soil is being used.

Tokin

Ive been using ff powder tri pack for 6 years and ive found nothing easier or cleaner. I mix in a 5 gallon bucket and it's the same mix every time, several 1/4 tsp of nute, acid and a shot glass of liquid cal-mag and my Ph is 6.0-6.2 every time.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
R/O filtered water, Maxibloom powder, Epsom salt and KNF water soluble calcium you can make yourself. Stupid inexpensive, stupendously amazing results when done correctly.

Full healthy pH swing <--- extremely important to prevent 90% of all the issues people have with K.I.S.S.
High transpiration levels
Pure r/o filtered water add-backs with zero pH adjustment
Low strength feed (750tds with DWC, 1K HPS and a 4x4 space is too strong for most strains)
.5g/gallon Epsom once at start of flower and again at week 3
Foliar sprays of KNF calcium during veg and used at flip and week 3 like epsom
Kick solution strength down when physical bulking quits, all the way down until transpiration rate is almost back to peak flower.
R/O water changeout the last 5 days before harvest

Those are the important points, since actually mixing and using the stuff is pretty simple. :) While the results pale in the face of bunny poop terpene complexity, you can still turn heads all day with it. ;)

Tokin

Im using good ol down south stinky 7.8ph well water with plenty of sulphur dioxide, lime and an extra helping of iron. I filter nothing lol. I'm using recycled promix and 6 gallon pots to flower. I have enough recycled promix to be able to use nothing else and every few years ill add a new bale or 2. I also have an old costco carport frame stretched with plastic for a greenhouse. Veg indoor/outdoor and flower outdoor. To say im using the KISS method would be rather mild lol. Add a spray cloner, a few florescent/led lights for veg, a 5 gal bucket and thats it.
Using fox farm dry tri pack im seeing 4-5 oz of solid trimable flower and 3+ of hash/oil/wax material per plant.
Im not into nugs that are so dense that i cant break them up with my fingers and scissors so I don't add anything to thicken the buds. Fox farm seems to produce a bud with a consistent density I prefer. The Heavy Grapefruit and Critical Kush are generally 3-4 foot tall and the California Orange likes to stretch to 5'+.
If you're someone on a budget or a fixed income you can with some devotion and little privacy keep yourself well supplied on the cheap.
Sour Cuntz, Purple Diesel Dayz and 710 Stilton coming up this spring.

Latest posts

Latest posts