What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

forum aims

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hey I’m subbed farmerlion
im just mixing my media to get a crop going
that feeder tube idea for the micro beastie is cool

Hey brother, i'm happy that you found my hiding spot here on the mag. Rodehazrd, I can't even begin to tell you how cool fungal repositories are. It will transform the way you grow from this season forward.

I'm hoping to transform the way many grow moving forward. I'm much more concerned about your and others health than I am production. Since production and bag appeal rule the day, I had to design a growing situation that stomped other growing agendas. Now greedy growers get the highest quality with the highest quantity combined. I get to prove this is hands down a better way to grow efficiently long term.
Peace farmerlion

What I learned years ago was to make your environment the best it can be, not to recreate something that doesn't exist.

Notice how successful a thriving microbiological environment is that is sustained over a long period of time. Healthy breeds healthy. The Amazon doesn't have a pesticide issue. The Amazon doesn't have a herbicide issue. The Amazon has continually renewed soils and microorganisms working together......

Hi. Idk if youve already looked into this but "Terra Preta".
The Amazon is possibly an ancient "garden" of selected and cultivated species of plants according to Graham Hancock. Very interesting. https://youtu.be/Cn1MugPalaA
The soil stuff starts at appprox 3:30 of the video

Rodehazrd

Thanks for the welcome Farmerlion
I’m into the soil food web for a few years now. No proper training I just read about it. As a result I know more than I understand.
I’ll show some of my work if you like. State troopers cleared me out last spring so I’m rebuilding.
I start with equal amounts of worm castings, peat and perlite. Add lime soft rock phosphate and gypsum in a 653 ratio. Soak her down with a tea I brew a couple days ahead of time and put in a 30 gallon plastic tub. It will be ready in 4 weeks.
For genetics I basically run one for creams, one for happy hour and a wake and bake. Just popped Bubba and Pineapple Express.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for the welcome Farmerlion
I’m into the soil food web for a few years now. No proper training I just read about it. As a result I know more than I understand.
I’ll show some of my work if you like. State troopers cleared me out last spring so I’m rebuilding.
I start with equal amounts of worm castings, peat and perlite. Add lime soft rock phosphate and gypsum in a 653 ratio. Soak her down with a tea I brew a couple days ahead of time and put in a 30 gallon plastic tub. It will be ready in 4 weeks.
For genetics I basically run one for creams, one for happy hour and a wake and bake. Just popped Bubba and Pineapple Express.

Hey brother by all means please share your experiences. This is all about learning and I'm all about sharing information that I have proven true. I have some tests in the fire so to speak, but won't have any information about them until after harvest when they're at phylos.

I welcome everyone to post pictures if you are following this thread and procedures.
NO TROLLS PLEASE.

Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hey all, just stopping by to say high! Hope you all are doing well. For a hidden spot in the forums, I've been contacted by several growers with questions and support for this thread. I thank everyone for your interest.

. It will surely be a very educational experience for those who try this method. I still have the whole month of March and part of April to wait. Then I will do the cleaning in the greenhouse and then soil preparation. I have 19 grow bags in my greenhouse so final genetics selections and counts depends on actual seed germination numbers.

. I'm going to use 15 Mother of Pearl seeds reproduction, actual plant counts of other strains will follow off these numbers of germination. The Casey Jones and the Blue Thai will each have at least one bag each for sure. A few years ago I had a Blood Rose from Hazeman seeds, what a beautiful plant that was.

. I prefer to germinate directly in the final grow bags of soil. Late plants give me much anxiety and I sometimes drop more seeds into a bag. Then when they all finally come up together I'm screwed!!! So I will most likely germinate in wet paper towels and know for sure I have a tap root before I switch genetics.

. I have already stated this is about the Mother of Pearl and the Cherry Bomb genetics, so at least two bags this season will be the Cherry 🍒 Bomb 💣 CherryBomb making her greenhouse debut 😀. Next season will be the CherryBomb reproduction and a couple f1's from the Mother of Pearl male and the CherryBomb female seeds.

. This particular cross is my long term goal moving forward. I hope several of you will join me in this display of fungal repositories.
peace farmerlion

El Timbo

I noticed that this thread was started in November of 2010 and no useful information has been added.

Perhaps because this thread is meant to be used to discuss the aims of the forum - the advanced techniques are presented in individual threads in the forum...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally posted by spurr View Post

Here are yet more great resources for studying topics discussed in this sub forum.

The journal of Plant Physiology offers tons of full text, and free, papers on a myriad of topic we will cover in this sub-forum:
Journal archive of All Online Issues:
http://www.plantphysiol.org/contents-by-date.0.shtml

Homepage of the journal with search-able database:
http://www.plantphysiol.org/

Homepage of the American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB):
http://www.aspb.org/publications/ppfocus.CFM

ASPB online communities:
http://my.aspb.org/?page=Online_Community

Here is another journal from the America Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB), with many free full text papers:
The Plant Cell: http://www.plantcell.org/

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi farmerlion , is that what you wanted? - i just copied and pasted the test and put
before the start and
after the end (that puts it in the quote box)
if you want to start a new thread for your teaching that is cool too
let me know if that is what you wanted ?

VG :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
hi farmerlion , is that what you wanted? - i just copied and pasted the test and put after the end (that puts it in the quote box)
if you want to start a new thread for your teaching that is cool too
let me know if that is what you wanted ?

VG :tiphat:

Thank you so much VerdantGreen 🙏 this is perfect. I actually wanted to be here on forum aims. Setting the bar at a new higher level is my goal for all skill level growers. Scientific research and studies is moving ahead yearly. The best growers are pushing concepts, doctors are proving microbial theories. Normal threads get pushed from page to page depending upon activity. True advancements should be right up front.
peace brother farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Here is some very useful lecture notes through the link from VerdantGreen.

Attachments

• TTPB43Lecture MedDakotabis.pdf
    271.1 KB · Views: 156