What's new

For freshly transplanted clones (into 3 Gal bags) 14” tall from their 4x4” containers, did I water correctly?

Rtaym22224

Used fox farm ocean forest. I put 60 oz water with 450ppm superthrive and big bloom ph 6.6 into each 3 gal hgrow bag. Almost no runoff. Tried to water around the cube

Did I overwater?

Should I dim the lights and fans after transplanting?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
That is a lot of H2O (1.8l)
Yes you did IMHO and I would ditch the Superthrive. I remember that shit from 15 years ago. I see it is still around. I was wondering how it found roots in the Bonsai Industry. Now I know (Have for some time)
Not necessary.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Whatever amount of water you gave the 4x4 containers would be a good start for your watering the larger containers except just water around the plants..You don't need to water until runoff or you will overwater your plants. Ocean Forest holds a lot of water and if you water until runoff too many times your will drown your plants. Also, you don't need to give the plants fertilizer in new soil because the soil already has a nutrient charge in it that will feed the plant plenty. . Just use plain water for the first 6 weeks when using Ocean Forest or Happy Frog. Here are water-only Ocean Forest plants in 1 gallon then moved up to 3-gallon pots. Water only no fertilizer. 😎

IMG_2109.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG

Last edited: