Foomar,s Basic Geisha Grow

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Day 39 and lots of sex going on.

Two definate females and two more obvious males , looking to be a 50/50 split.
Few show this early but need a 10x to find it.

G

Guest 16149

Looking good, glad to see you can sex them already :) Mine should be showing soon now

DoobieDuck

ICMag Supporter
ICMag Donor
Nice pix of the sex showing Fumar....great to hear you've got some girls...........DD

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Day 45 and will have to flower soon as space becomes available.

Every plant is running late due to the cold flower room and plants in the heated veg room have overtaken them causeing something of a log jam.

Three of each sex confirmed and two still stubornly refuseing to show under 18/6.
Will rely on takeing clones in flower which i seem to have dialed in , none have been topped yet and will be left.

Red is male , green female and these two are representative of the group as a whole , all at 10 - 11 nodes with minimal sideshoot growth on any.

They have a nice healthy look about them and are quite pale but not underfed at all.

Small footprint so far but that may change.
Doubt they will reach more than four feet high.

G

Guest 16149

Looking Nice Foomar, How tall are they now? unless you are looking for a single large cola, I will say that they have topped nicely and bushed up when topped, I am interested to see what untopped does tho :) I topped all mine starting early to get more side growth and I prefer smaller buds to huge ones, but thats just me :) My humidity is always high so am afraid to get them to big, bud rot is a bitch :)

Last edited:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
All went into flower after 48 days veg and are now at day five under a 600 sodium with some halide overspill and seem to be stretching a little , now between 20 and 30 inches .

See little point in huge colas as i usually dissect them to avoid mould and speed drying anyway so just for the interest this time really running untopped.
Also feel the smaller lower buds have the best taste and smell which makes up for any loss of potency and are my choice of smoke.

Next run gets topped/scrogged/ect but they can have six feet if they need it this time and more lights if required.

First up is a male and i cannot tell the three males apart in any detail so this is a random example , leaf is ten inches across.

The five females show more variation and fall into two types.

Type one , taller with more branching and very long preflower pistills and more sativa leaves and canopy.

Type two , shorter with minimal branching and short preflower pistills and denser canopy.

Males will have to go outside ASAP as am pulling flowers off them all now and would have naturally dropped pollen from day three of flower.
Will collect pollen in the way described in my thread in Wally Duck,s forum and the plants will hopefully finish outdoors as well.

Some similarities between the Geisha and the C99 x Blackberry and i am popping Verite,s Holy Grail to add to the clone confusion in the next few weeks.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
ICMag Supporter
:yes: excellent photos and details...
What do you have in mind for the pollen?
Do any of them smell distinctly yet?

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks for the comments , wish i could photo them in sunlight and do them justice.

Of the males this one has a far stronger odour of sweet skunk with a hint of turpentine on stems and tips.

Slowest to reach nine nodes but all dropped first pollen together , the other two are broadly similar in structure but lack the pronounced odour of the first.

Grown out a number of males in the last four years and have pollen stored and used from several with some good results , love to grow out large numbers when i can .

Males have been decapitated to collect a couple of grammes and the stumps will go outside to finish naturally.

Used first pollen on a couple of lower buds on a Bogglegum and it is viable and set seed well.
The Bog clone needs a kick in the yield and a little stretch added and this male might do it without looseing the flavour , will know in three months.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Day 14 of flower and starting to bud up.

The nominal two phenos have turned into five as each plant has an apparently different set of characteristics.
Sense of smell gone due to hay fever but am told the stems smell fruity , some more than others.

Might as well have asked the cat.

Three random plants in detail.

Fan leaves look different on every plant.

Some of these fans are a foot across.

All in relatively small pots and not fed as yet , will have more space as other plants finish over the next few weeks.
No signs of any hermies and have closely checked every plant.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Day 23 0f flower and no more stretch.

This one is representative of three taller more open structured plants which reached four feet in height.
There is considerable variation in internode , leaf stem length and odour amongst them but are broadly similar and markedly different to the other group.
Trichomes are building up on all newer leaf surfaces and the pistills are a pure white with the first now starting to wither.
Odour is sickly sweet with something harsher in the background , a peculiar smell which i noticed on a certain plant in a MOD cross recently and that turned out nice.

Starting to yellow and drop fan leaves and i estimate 60 days or less.

Small pots , no feed and low light levels and still look happy.

Cuts were taken well into flower but have rooted well if a little slower and the ritual hermi inspection of all plants following my SD fiasco have found nothing .

This plant would be stunning in a greenhouse or conservatory and some clones are going outdoor this weekend on my best site.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks Grat3fulh3ad , despite some rougth treatment these have serious potential and an easy grow so far.

The other two plants both finished at three feet and have a much tighter structure and wider bladed fan leaves on a shorter leaf stem.
By comparison they are almost indica , with more trichome coverage on more of the plant than the first group.

Odour is candy/perfume and the two plants are identical to sight and smell with no variation between them now.

Plants have retained more fan leaves for longer and have always been a darker green than their sisters.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
The taller group are filling out well , visibly more bud every day now.
This should end up as one huge cola three foot long with loads of lower buds adding weight and an easy trim.
The structure should allow some airflow in late flower and mould should not be a problem , the original C99 was a budrot and mildew magnet for me.

Even low down things are getting sticky.

Last edited:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Takeing cuts well into flower has worked well but will need a few weeks to move on.

It has the one advantage of showing any hermie tendencies the plant might contain.
Going from 12/12 to 20/24 whilst trying to root and reveg is a stress test that many fail but no problems so far.

Clones did nothing for weeks then many roots came overnight , clonex was used on these but do not bother on vegging cuts.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Supporter
Looking good Foomar. I can't believe how wide those fans are, all mine are so skinny.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Thanks blynx

Looked at yours and most others and you are right.
All of my five have very wide fans , even the ones with the most sativa bud leaf shape.

Mine are restricted in a small pot and running untopped with no feed yet in soil , relatively low light levels around 30 watts/foot or less under a sodium/halide mix.

Maybe the large fans are a response to one or several of these factors.

Kinderfeld

nice foomar very nice. Your going to do these ladies well. Typically viney look of the TW...

Also I have a gift I promised for you please contact me by PM when you can! :D