NOKUY

Veteran
all alaskans live in igloos.

its dark 24/7

there are 99 guys per girl

milk is 25 buks a gallon

...any other questions?

Old Man Time said:
And I can see a lot of those 'new age' folks turnin their happy asses around and high tailin' it first time it hits -20F.

Im not protecting turf....im not mean to tourists or anything....i just cant stand all the hoopla right now...its like an idiot rush to get here. I think the long time residents like to keep a low profile and I know I do for 1! Less attention the better. And open ANWR damn it. :joint:

Please enlighten me, what is ANWR?

NOKUY said:
arctic nat. wildlife refuge

where they wanna drill for oil.

I see, and opening it would allow us to drill there?

I dont know how I feel about it, as Ive never been and never really bothered to inform myself with it too much. Although I have always wanted to visit and spend some extended time there. But I suppose if residents, former and/or current like the idea it cant be too bad.

NOKUY, I watched the video you sent and it was horrific - Im somewhat curious as to what led to it? Though the information was much appreciated.

NOKUY

Veteran
KnottyDollar said:
I see, and opening it would allow us to drill there?

I dont know how I feel about it, as Ive never been and never really bothered to inform myself with it too much. Although I have always wanted to visit and spend some extended time there. But I suppose if residents, former and/or current like the idea it cant be too bad.

NOKUY, I watched the video you sent and it was horrific - Im somewhat curious as to what led to it? Though the information was much appreciated.

tried to be nice.

FarmerJoe

I know, I just figured with all the media attention AK has been getting that the locals would be a little on guard so they don't have to watch everyone sipping lattes and taking pictures of everything. It happens, ever heard of Aspen?

NOKUY

Veteran
FarmerJoe said:
I know, I just figured with all the media attention AK has been getting that the locals would be a little on guard so they don't have to watch everyone sipping lattes and taking pictures of everything. It happens, ever heard of Aspen?

alaskans dont want to become colorado....

john denver almost single-handedly made colorado and aspen famous (not that it would never would have been, but he promoted it to the world)

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
25/gallon for milk??

i only drink organic milk, i'd be paying $50 for that up there lol

But ideally i'd have a cow or goat or two for my own needs

i love milk

NOKUY

Veteran
BBB the dairy is what will break u in alaska,,,i fukin luv milk and cheese like no ones business.

the store by us when we camped near sewrad ...was constantly out of milk!

In all my years here....I have never been to a store that was out of milk.

I just bought 2 gal for 7 bucks. Thats 3.50 a gal. Does that really seem that outrageous?

D

DrKong

I'm assuming your using Alaskan Airlines. They have one of the worst records for pet deaths while being transported. Depending on the year it was anywhere from the same as other airlines to four times the number of dead animals. These figures are required by law to be published for the past few years. I can not remember where they are in PDF form but a quick google will turn up the info. The percentage of dead animals to transported animals is very low(like .1%)

I did extensive research when shipping my two cats across the Atlantic and even drove part of the way to avoid Alaskan Airlines. I used United and the total time from when we turned the cats over till we were in our destination was around 15 hours. In this time the cats were not fed(they had bowls and food with crates) They were give no water in 15 hours!! When we arrived in Dullas(washington DC) we go through customs and have to get our checked bags and take them through customs and have them rechecked. Our cats were sitting in the middle of the customs baggage claim, alone in a room of about 600 people where anyone could have taken them. My animals were very traumatized and took days to recover. This was not the first airline to do something like this, one other occasion they drugged the cats with out my consent or knowledge.

I will never send my beloved bets below in the plane ever again. You could drive or if you have the extra cash there are special pet transportation services that will take care of your pets and they will fly in a climate controlled area of a plane and be given food and water. The airport just considers the animals another suitcase and throw them around.

NOKUY

Veteran
Old Man Time said:
In all my years here....I have never been to a store that was out of milk.

I just bought 2 gal for 7 bucks. Thats 3.50 a gal. Does that really seem that outrageous?

OMT it was at the Carrs/Safeway store in seward.....at least once a week all the RVers would buy up every drop of milk in town....usually the same day we ran out, and we were living out of a cooler, so couldent stock up.

NOKUY

Veteran
bbb...it think flying is an option.

peeps fly their dogs all the time. (alaska airlines actually has great service)..all airlines have bad reports....do your own research.

...what about fly, bus, or train to seattle then get on the alaska marine hwy.

youll have to arrange transport from haines, and your dog will have to have current health cert. to get into canada which you will have to have since getting to alaska from haines means going thru the yukon.

also no felonies, or u wont get into canada.

....go ahead and fly...it shouldent be a problem.

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
NOKUY said:
bbb...it think flying is an option.

peeps fly their dogs all the time. (alaska airlines actually has great service)..all airlines have bad reports....do your own research.

...what about fly, bus, or train to seattle then get on the alaska marine hwy.

youll have to arrange transport from haines, and your dog will have to have current health cert. to get into canada which you will have to have since getting to alaska from haines means going thru the yukon.

also no felonies, or u wont get into canada.

....go ahead and fly...it shouldent be a problem.

buses and trains dont take dogs, nor do they stop so the dog can go for walks

Latest posts

Latest posts