What's new

flourescent lighting question

bunchtoker

i was going to grow 2-3 plants of white widow (great smoke) and i really dont have the space for a hps or mh because of the hieght. I was wondering if some one could tell me how many lights would i need to grow at least two good plants?

G

i am a newbie aswell and figured i would chime in on what i have read...

overall i have heard 35-50 watts per square foot...

the color for floros is suposedly what makes a difference... cool white for veg, both cool and warm for flower... (soft white usually means warm white)

there is a good FAQ over at OG on this...

i bought some 18" floros for my veg box, and wish i stuck with CFLs, they are more efficient and much smaller...

btw if was able to find reasonably priced, and multiple spectrum CFLs @ http://www.specialtyoptical.com/

warm white is usually 2700k cool white is about 4100k

Last edited:

bunchtoker

i was thinking of an area of abot 4 feet by 4 feet. I can go bigger or smaller. But i was just wanting to grow a few (3) until my crop comes in out side. My out side crop is going to be ww, pure power plant, master kush and advenure mix. But how many watts or lumens do you recomend for 3 plant for veg and flowering

rasputen

Cheap CF Fixture

Cheap CF Fixture

While we are at it with CF's, these work great & come in several lenghts/# of socket's.

Home dePot or really anywhere.

Vanity Fixture

1139vanity.jpg