What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flames UK GG 2024

flameninja

Been a while since I did a diary ⏳
I just grow a few for personal use which saves me a bit of cash 💰 Plus I like the process of growing these wonderful plants out in the wild!🪴
Gets me out into the fresh air,gives me plenty of exercise and makes me feel like a kid again, sneaking around making dens and stuff 😝
First bit of plot preparation started..
IMG_4097.jpeg

First seedlings patiently waiting for planting out within the next couple of weeks 🌱
IMG_4101.jpeg

These are just a mix of hybrids that did well for me last year as well as some testers I got last year from HFH 😈
Here’s hoping we all have a bumper season 🤞
☮️✌️🔥

flameninja

Thought I’d better be a bit more specific about what Hybrids I’m growing.
It will help me remember what I’ve planted and why because my memory is 💩
IMG_4104.jpeg

“Lockdown Loco” are some beans I harvested in 2020/21 😷
I never had much joy with them in 2022 for whatever reason (Probably Pests!!)🐭🐌
But last year they took me by surprise and produced some stout looking Hazey plants 🪴
Unfortunately I only got to sample a couple of them because I lost the others to mold!
But they did have a strong resemblance to Polar Haze which is a hybrid I made years ago.
I’ll have to remember to keep a closer eye on these this year and make sure they get plenty of airflow 💨🍃
“Grapefruit Early” This will be the 1st time I’ve grown these 🌱
I got the seeds from one of the super early plants last year which were testers from HFH 😈
I look forward to seeing how these perform and if they are as early as last year and also if the Grapefruity smell and taste has carried through 🍍🍊
“Esben 23” These were testers I was gifted in 2023 which were quite early finishers and almost “Autos”. GF Early came from this batch 🌱

“23 Mix” Is a mix of fat beans I found in some of the late finishers i had last season which were “22 mix”.
Some of these plants grew unruly and over 6ft tall! With a very varied mix of Sativa dominant and Indica dominant plants 🪴

☮️✌️🔥

flameninja

First plants out this season 😁
IMG_4122.jpeg

I always plant several seedlings in one hole because it’s inevitable I’ll loose some to pests 🐌
Plus they are Regs and once I pull any males they won’t be as close together 🌿
IMG_4120.jpeg

I’ll continue to keep popping the same beans in between plant outs so I can replace any losses throughout the coming months 🌱
Hopefully there won’t be too many losses but that’s all part of the game 🎲

🔥☮️✌️

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
Very nice :) thanks for sharing your outside 2024 grow with us, I will be following along for sure

I love nothing better than growing outside and in the wild can be fun

I am in New York State they let us grow up to six plants so I am a backyard grower now

when I started I would put out hundreds in the state park

all the best and a great season

Dequilo

flameninja

Very nice :) thanks for sharing your outside 2024 grow with us, I will be following along for sure

I love nothing better than growing outside and in the wild can be fun

I am in New York State they let us grow up to six plants so I am a backyard grower now

when I started I would put out hundreds in the state park

all the best and a great season

Dequilo
Thanks for following 👍
Wish we could grow 6 plants legally here 🪴
It would save me crawling about through thick bramble and stinging nettles acting like a ninja 🥷
My knees are killing me I’ve got nettle stings and scratches all over 🥴
Every year I say “I’m getting too old for this shit” 😆
Sending good vibes your way for the season ahead ✌️
🔥☮️✌️

flameninja

2 weeks since first early plant out ⏰
IMG_4191.jpeg

The next batch of seedlings eagerly awaiting their turn tomorrow 🌱

It’s been very mixed weather these last 2 weeks with very low temps on a night 🌡️
No frosts though and some nice sunny afternoons so hopefully there will be a few survivors when I visit next.
🔥🥷✌️

flameninja

Second plant out this morning 🌱
IMG_4200.jpeg

It’s rather exciting walking through a busy urban area with a bag full of seedlings!😬
Time to see if I have any survivors…
IMG_4206.jpeg

I was surprised to find the majority had survived the early plant out 🪴
They do look a bit bedraggled but that’s only to be expected when you plant out early. That’s the risk you take ⚠️
IMG_4205.jpeg

I topped up both the LL and the GF holes with fresh seedlings 🌱
And planted some 23mix in a new hole 🕳️
The only ones I didn’t top up were the Esben 23.
I will pop the few Esben seeds I have left and plant out next visit 👍

IMG_4207.jpeg

🔥🥷✌️

flameninja

No rest for the wicked! 😈
Just put these beans to soak 🫘
IMG_4212.jpeg

As I was searching through my dwindling seed collection I was reminded that…..
Lockdown Loco is “Polar Dane X Guerilla Gold” 🦍
And Polar Dane is “Polar Haze” X “Royal Dane” 🇩🇰
IMG_4214.jpeg

It’s easy to loose track of what’s what when you have been making random outdoor hybrids for the past 10 years 🥴
🔥🥷✌️