What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flame Defender.. When you can't be there!

ehonda187

I used to have one of these at one time in another location....But it was of homemade nature. I rigged it up with an old auto fryer ANSUL system I got for free on a service call at a closing restaurant.
I wish I would have marketed that venture but this bad boy here is just as effective. For 100 bux a little more piece of mind for you if you have the head space for it in your setup. I do, and the 6 kg is on order..

http://www.growlightexpress.com/fire-supression-84/flame-defender-6-kg-1087.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STjMZz8gxbA&feature=player_embedded

:rasta:

ehonda187

Just think 5 years ago when I was jokin with my buddy..You think people would want these I said? Then we rolled up some widow and I forgot all about it....:joint:

ehonda187

It's just a multipurpose ANSUL system. They have been around since the 50's. It's the targeted marketing is where your money making would come in. Not reinventing the wheel here or trying to make money... I was letting the people know whats out there for there set ups. That was the whole purpose of the thread. :joint:

noone88

Where is the best place to install these? ie which area is most prone to fire? I would like people's input since I do have these already.

D

Deaner

Where is the best place to install these? ie which area is most prone to fire? I would like people's input since I do have these already.
I was wondering the same thing. Would I want to put it over the ballast, sockets, or lights/reflectors?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your best bet would be by enough to cover your whole grow area, inlcuding any ballast stations, sub pnaels, or other high amperage power sources. Cover every square foot for full protection.

BongRipkenJR.

The problem is, most smart growers keep there ballasts out of the grow room, but dont most fires start from the breakers? Im not sure because I have never had a fire or a sketchy room that would catch on fire. A great idea though!

D

Deaner

Maybe a better question would be what aspect of a grow room is most at risk for a fire? If I could only cover one or the other to start...

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
just saw these in the new sunlight supply catalogue. pretty cool, but I think the most important thing is to make sure your electric is safe in the first place. sure there are some freak incidents that could cause a fire, but if your electric is wired properly, chances are you won't have a fire.

D

Deaner

just saw these in the new sunlight supply catalogue. pretty cool, but I think the most important thing is to make sure your electric is safe in the first place. sure there are some freak incidents that could cause a fire, but if your electric is wired properly, chances are you won't have a fire.
It's just a piece of mind thing to me!

I can still remember my first grow with a 400watt... I would have nightmares about burning the apartment down, killing the women in the apartment below me. My next grow will be in my own house in-which that piece of mind while I'm sleeping, working, or out would lower my stress completely.

I'm not currently growing. Just in the planning phases..

SKUNK420

D

Deaner

Well, I got two Flame Defender 2 KG. It is suppose to cover an area of four feet. One will go over my Two 600 Watt Electric Galaxy Ballasts and my 400 Watt Coil ballast. Not sure what my plan is for the second one.

Now I can be at work, away from the house, etc, and have no worries about my grow room burning the house down!

Anyone actually been (un)fortunate enough to have one work for them?

Midnight

Veteran
:BUMP:

ANYONE OWN ONE OF THESE? ANYONE EVER HAVE IT GO OFF??

I have one. Never had it go off.

picture.php

picture.php

LeeROI

If it ever does go off, expect a bunch of corrosion wherever it lands.
Well worth it compared to the alternative.

I wish I had enough clearance over my tent to install a couple of these. I have one for my ballasts and one in the attic over the O3 generator.

I don't know anything about the type of temperature sensor on these things, what do you all think about the possibility of the sensor failing and releasing the load when it isn't needed?

Come home to find your frosty nugs covered in a sticky yellow chemical coating....

Latest posts

Latest posts