What's new

FL to Cali

Davesnothere420

Yes this is off subject but I feel like this is one of the more frequented forums on this site so I posted here. Driving from FL to Cali which route is recommended and which ones to stay away from. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Speed of green

california is a pretty large place, the destination normally dictates the route. travelling east do not carry large amounts of cash (5k+) without a bank receipt and a printed off copy of whatever you are carrying the cash to purchase, texas will pull you over for no reason search your car and take your suspected drug money in a heartbeat.

google: policing for profit

if you are worried about a personal amount of cannabis i wouldnt sweat it, if discovered at a checkpoint it will be confiscated.

if you want to cover your bases get a dash cam and obey all traffic laws, the police need a reason to pull you over, border patrol however does not, they operate on "reasonable suspicion" a loose term that pretty much means they can pull you over/drug dog/interrogate you at will.

good luck!

yardgrazer

I've certainly seen reports of busts on I-10 (particularly in Texas), but I presume if you have to go through that area they'll cover the major local roads as well.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most folks I know that have taken similar trips do it in 3 days if going straight through.

If taking their time, 3 weeks to a month.

CrushnYuba

Driving a passenger car is not recommended. Commercial vehicles are another story. Fl or California license plates are not smart.

As far as routs... The most direct rout is i80, and you should definitely avoid it. It's the gauntlet.

Latest posts

Latest posts