What's new

Fitness and weight loss.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Hey Krunchbubble,

I first notice three things:

1) You're darn close to your goal. The leaner we are the slower our fat loss. Especially if you just lost a bunch of fat. However, if this is the worse condition you've been in lately and this additional fat gain is new, then fat loss will be easier/faster.

2) You run, so you need more carbs then those that just lift weights and perhaps do stationary biking for their cardio.

3) Again, since you run, I would time your carb intake to be centered around your workouts.

Do you have a weekly schedule you stay on? For instance:

Monday: weights
Tuesday: run
Wed: weights
thurs: run
Fri: weights
Sat: run
Sun sun

I'd like to know how you break down your week. Please share as this info will help me to determine your macronutrient needs for each day.

I could easily say, "Ahhhh 1800 calories bro. Every day." But that is lazy and incomplete. "Calories" are important, just not AS important as the CONTENT of those calories as well as the timing of them.

I need to hit the track for some running myself, be back in 45 mins....

used to be 230 lb's.......

that schedule is exactly what i do. sometimes i will run on my off weight days in the morning and walk in the afternoon(helping a friend lose weight), she cant run just yet....

i eat mostly clean food, drank water only for the last 15 months....

carbs that i eat are oatmeal with fruit on my training days. red potatoes, yams, whole wheat pasta, cereal.....

Gudasgold

Okay, cool. Now would be a great time to fine tune your diet.

I will give you two options to chose from:

A: Only eat carbs on days you run.

or

B: Eat carbs everyday but only around your workouts.

The best option, of course, would be the one you're more likely to stick to. I would recommend option A.

I will provide a template for both options and you can make your own decision.

OPTION A:

The amount of meals will depend on you. The idea that multiple meals will "stoke our metabolism" and thus burn more fat is a myth. The truth is our metabolism is raised "during" the digestion of food. At the end of the day, calories being equal, it does not matter if it's 3 meals of 600 calories or 6 meals or 300 calories since it's the digestion of food or rather the thermic effect of food that matters most. I prefer the 6 meals since it forces me to stay on track. An inside timer to eat. I've done the 3 meals per day and frankly, I end up forgetting its time to eat and end up missing meals or forgetting I already ate my third meal and then eat a fourth. So, personally, 6 meals work for me because of adherence. So I will design the meal plans based for 6:

Weights day:

meal 1: 35 grams of protein + 15 grams of fats

meal 2: same

meal 3: same

meal 4: same

meal 5: same

meal 6: same

Approximately 1800 calories. Broken down as 210 grams of protein + 90 grams of fats. You can also have 50 grams of carbs during this day too. Those 50 grams you will find, are trace carbs found in the protein and fat sources I list below. That is why I don't include them in the meals above. However, you can eat as many GREEN veggies as you like on this day as they are fibrous and digest differently and won't affect fat burning. Eating like this make your body fat adapted which means it will learn to use fat as fuel. Fat oxidation is blunted with glucose (carbs) in our system. Our body will preferentially use these fuel substrates if present in our blood system:

1) alcohol. Our body can't store alcohol so it burns it first. So don't drink alcohol.
2) glucose. Carbs are turned into glucose so removing them and/or using them around our workouts is best.
3) amino acids. Protein or our stored protein - muscles. We combat our body to NOT use this by eating enough protein in our diet AND not doing exercise which makes our heart rate exceed 135 bpm. Certain exercise use certain fuels preferentially. High intensity uses glucose while low intensity uses fat as fuel. 130-135 beats per minute is a good rule of thumb of the switch over from fat to glucose.
4) fats.

This is why losing fat is so hard, it's the last substrate our body wants to use. Evolutionary leftover.

Design your meal plan around these food sources:

Protein: eggs, chicken, tuna, salmon, white fish, turkey, whey protein powder

Fat: almonds, cashews, all natural peanut butter, avacado, extra virgin olive oil, fish oil capsules, evening primrose capsules

Carbs: only GREEN veggies.

Running day:

Meal before and after the running: 35 grams of protein + 50 grams of carbs

Other 4 meals of the day: 35 grams of protein + 15 grams of fats

STILL approx 1800 calories broken down as 210 grams of protein + 60 grams of fat + 150 grams of carbs. Again, there is a 50 gram allowance for carbs contained in your protein and fat sources. The carbs used in the 2 meals will provide energy before the running and then help replenish your glycogen stores in your muscles after your running. So those carbs won't impair fat burning. The other four meals promote fat burning as previously said.

You can use the same protein and fat sources I mention above but now you can also use these carbs too:

fruit, veggies, oatmeal, rice, potatoes, pasta

Calorieking.com is helpful if designing your meals with the food sources I have listed.

This diet is all you need to get to your goal. If fat loss stalls (wait two weeks to ensure it has stalled) then UP your cardio. Add 10 mins to each session. Don't adjust the calories downward. They are low enough. ONLY add this cadio adjustment IF you are positive your diet is 100% according the numbers above. IF your diet is NOT 100%, then fix your diet first.

Oh, drinking water ONLY is cool but not needed. In 2008 I too only drank water and I was able to get down to 10% or so. In 2009, I started including diet coke (up to 2 liters per day) or sugar free green tea drinks and it affected my fat loss in NO way whatsoever. I got down to 7-8% or so. Zero calories means zero effect on our fat loss endeavors. All the bad media about the harmful effects of artificial sweeteners is just that - bad media. I have many studies disproving their studies but that choice is yours as it won't make or break your plan either way.

Last edited:

Gudasgold

lol I forgot option B:

It's real simple. STILL approx 1800 calories broken down as 210 grams of protein which is 440 calories. The remaining 1360-1400 calories can be split between carbs and fats as you like. This is a more relaxed option but as I said earlier, I feel the first option is better as it takes many more things under consideration.

ciao

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
currently training for my second triathlon.....

monday, tuesday, thursday, friday---speed walk 1.5 miles to pool....swim 1 mile freestyle...get out of pool throw on running shoes again and complete the brick with another 4.2 mile jog

Wednesdays-long bike ride (usually around 50 miles) with nice climbs at the end

Saturdays--rest

Sunday--Brick again but this time nice bike ride (35 miles hard) immediately throw on running shoes and do 4.2 mile jog. This workout absolutely crushes me.

I eat whatever I can get my hands on, but make a point of trying to eat as much fresh fruit and vegetables as possible.

peace
jip

SmilinBob

I'll update Monday when I weigh myself. Truthfully.. I forgot about this thread, but I haven't stopped using my methods yet.

I'm back to a size 36 pants. :dance013:

SmilinBob

So I weighed myself this morning. 223 lbs that's 27 lbs lighter than about 1 month ago. Not bad, close to 1 lbs per day. :) I started switching up my diet. Instead of eating the same thing day after day I started incorporating new foods, but foods that didn't increase my calories much from the 500 I was getting. Plain wholegrain cheerios, and even a fat free tv dinner, or whatever it was, every once in a while. Started drinking the V8 too. :tiphat:

My brother mentioned something about him going back to the gym soon. My plan now is to start going to workout with him. I'll be doing the cardio and weight loss workouts while he's doing weight training, but at least we'll have someone there so it should be more fun, and enjoyable a little bit more.

Thanks to a few people in this thread that gave me some advice. I'll probably update again after I've been in the gym for a couple weeks.

Still doing the same routine. Push ups, sit ups, running, weight training in my chest and arms, and a couple others my bro showed me that I don't know the name of.

Nicoli

Veteran
Good job Bob!

My breakfast(within 45mins of waking up) still consists of 6 egg whites(egg beaters) and 2-3 slices of turkey bacon for breakfast, along with a 8oz milk+1 scoop whey protein isolate, every morning.

Shits heady. 380 Cal, 57g Protein, 15g Carb.

Good way to start your day if you workout everyday.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
just started a diet called the "warrior diet" two weeks ago.....
http://books.google.com/books?id=I_...&resnum=4&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false

it goes against everything that you were taught in regards to dieting. you "under eat" most of the day, fresh veggies or fruit juice, fresh vegetables, handful of nuts and you have a eating period of 4 hours later in the day, anytime after 6pm. your aiming for a couple small feeding during the under feeding stage, about 600-800 calories total before dinner. dinner you can have as much food as you want as long as its relativity "clean" food!

it follows the principles of way back in the day when we hunted our food. we would lightly eat raw food during the day, hunting for dinner. at night we feast on what we caught for the day, and i mean feast! a salad, rice, lb of meat, sides, dessert......eat again within the 4 hour period if you want!

had bad hunger the first week, but it went away. only thing i didn't like. i run, walk and workout during the day, thought not eating would inhibit this, no way! i have shit tons of energy during the day now! and now i eat like a fucking pig at dinner 1 and dinner 2!

so far 5 lb's and 3% body fat loss, in two weeks? hell ya! im am amazed at this diet and can easily eat like this for the rest of my life. the fat just melt off, its crazy! almost to 10% bf because of this diet....

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Breakfast
Campbells - Tomato Juice > 1/2 Cup
2 Lite Rye Bread > Toast
Land o lakes Light No Salt Butter > 1 Tea Spoon per 2 toast
Medium Size Banana

Lunch
Bottle water > 20 Ounce
Small Salad / 2 Table spoons of lite dressing

Dinner
1/2 Chicken Breast baked with Mrs. Dash Seasoning
1 Boiling Bag white rice
Cranberry Sauce 1/2 cup

Nightly Snack
1 Danon Yogurt > Lite
Water > 20 Ounce Bottle

After 8:00 PM Your stomach mucles start to slow down and do not eat off your body fat as fast their for it processes the fats that are stored in your body slower storing body fat.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I just finished my 6 month diet, and I lost 50 pounds! Feels good, and I am still healthy which is rare after a diet. Every person has to find their own way, glad I made the effort.
H

duraindeleon

Health depends on peoples doing and care of body. Fitness need perfect weight different that all about fat and stomach. Weight loss help better on make attractive fitness.

Latest posts

Latest posts