What's new

first timer

Strykaar

Depends on what you want out of them really. I'm growing in a PC cab, so I let them get close to 12" before tying them down and switching over to 12/12. If you have a signficantly larger grow area, or in some cases a full room, then it's not too uncommon to let them veg to 2-3' before flowering them. Some people even 12/12 from seed with good results. Again, it's all about what you're aiming for.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
how big shud they be bfore i put them into flower?? new to this am learnin each day!

I tkink we're going need a lot more details on your grow op.

• lights used
  • area
  • hydro, soil?
  • SOG, SCROG, LST etc
  • what do you want to achieve?

gs123

reply to ur anser is? my main objective is for a good harvest i am using bio bizz all mix soil, 600w lites, 4x4 area....

chemdd

size doesnt really matter, you can switch over to 12/12 once they pretty much sprout..obviously let it get a little root

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
As big as you'd like. Bigger plant = higher yield, generally.

Keep in mind that the plant will stretch when you switch to flowering.

It'll take 1-2 weeks before you see little hairs on the plant tops (depends how mature the plants are now, and on strain.) Are they from feminized seeds?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Depends on space and lamp. Plan on 1-3 feet of stretch, depending. What lamp and how much vertical space do you have to spare?