What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time outdoor

tragic1

I have a few questions I'm sure some of you can answer. How long or big should I let my plants get inside, before I transplant them outside? I am at 42 degrees lattitude. Also what strain would you guys suggest out of this list.

LSD #1
Lifesaver
Juliet
Jock horror f2
Who's your daddy?

Thanks in advance.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Hey Tragic, I'm doing two of the strains you mentioned, the Lifesaver and the Who's your Daddy, both outside. This will be my first time growing these so I'm afraid I can't help you there. Any of BOG's strains should be good outdoors as the genetics are very sound. Don't know your location but I'd wait until you see the third set of leaves before you put it outside. Go with the ones you prefer to smoke if it comes down to a coin toss. Good luck and good growing.

G

Why not transplant them all?

Most outdoor grows run into problems...Mold...Rodents,animals,Rippers ect.

Plant alot harvest a few that is the way it has always worked for me!

just my .02

I'm at 46 dregrees lattitude, so my season is shorter. Long flowering sativas are a crap shoot, indicas are more reliable.

Its hard to conceal and transport plants that are too large. Generally, I like to veg a dozen or so plants from seed or clones for 4-6 weeks b4 transplant. I'll do a few seeds and seedlings also. When growing conditions are ideal, most of the plants finish about the same.

Sharp Pain speaks from experience. I've had deer eat every single plant within a week or so of transplant.