What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time indoor grow...does this sound like a reasonable setup?

byathread

I've grown outdoors off and on for 30 years, but I've never grown indoors before. Planning on starting with a small 2x4x6' AC Infinity tent/light/controller/ventilation in super soil. I'm thinking 4 plants in 5gal fabric pots with a short (2-3 week) veg flowered in the 2x4. Does this sound reasonable? Also planning to dry in my tent after the chop. I'm open to alternative suggestions...

Thanks

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've grown outdoors off and on for 30 years, but I've never grown indoors before. Planning on starting with a small 2x4x6' AC Infinity tent/light/controller/ventilation in super soil. I'm thinking 4 plants in 5gal fabric pots with a short (2-3 week) veg flowered in the 2x4. Does this sound reasonable? Also planning to dry in my tent after the chop. I'm open to alternative suggestions...

Thanks
Thanks for sharing your work with us. That's a good enough set up friend. The common reasons seed and plants fail in Super soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Happy Frog are-
Wrong type water
Over or under watering
Too big of a container
Seeds planted too deep

If you start with pure clean water and don't over water your garden will do fine. Too large of a container and over-watering will release too many nutrients in the super soil and burn the plants. I'm sure you will do fine but if you need help as ask one of the members. Keep us posted

byathread

Thanks for the reply! I wish AC Infinity sold their complete setups without the light. It seems like good quality but a bit under-powered. Regardless, it should work to get started.

Three Berries

I have a Mars Hydro TSL2000 in the AC Infinity tent. Don't usually veg there through. I have a no name 30x30x60" tent for veg. Usually 8 weeks or so. Not usually in in any hurry.

byathread

Yes, those are both great lights. I have definitely taken note that Mars Hydro has been putting out killer lights the last few years, good specs, efficiency, nice quality and still affordable. I will keep it in mind depending which direction I go. Thanks!

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yes, those are both great lights. I have definitely taken note that Mars Hydro has been putting out killer lights the last few years, good specs, efficiency, nice quality and still affordable. I will keep it in mind depending which direction I go. Thanks!
not at all. if you have any further questions about the light, just PM me. ;)

St. Phatty

Thanks

If your plants are Indicas, they won't stretch much in flowering, and you are more likely to get some cute little plants - but no weight.

Also, if you're using "factory soil" - there's a medium chance that it will be too hot for your seedlings.

I suggest diluting the soil 1:1 or maybe 1 part mixer, 2 parts soil, where the mixer is a NEUTRAL pH product, e.g. fresh washed beach sand or river gravel.

+ Careful about Dust - you should have bright lights on when you're handling it, or you might breathe some.

SAVE YOUR LUNGS FOR THE GOOD STUFF !

Three Berries

Using the tents to dry and a humidity controlled fan works really good for a slow dry and cure. The humidity probe can be moved closer into the bud as they dry. Easy to keep tabs on and if your intake is filtered stays clean.

I need to up my game to HEPA filters.

St. Phatty

Using the tents to dry and a humidity controlled fan works really good for a slow dry and cure. The humidity probe can be moved closer into the bud as they dry. Easy to keep tabs on and if your intake is filtered stays clean.

I need to up my game to HEPA filters.

In Breaking Bad, the fictional Gus Fring paid about $300K for a large industrial filter, about the size of a sauna.

I always wondered how realistic that was.

Three Berries

In Breaking Bad, the fictional Gus Fring paid about $300K for a large industrial filter, about the size of a sauna.

I always wondered how realistic that was.
I have a cheap furnace filter rigged on a box. Just need to get a HEPA filter. I could rig up a UV light in it too but have a egg mister humidifier in it. UV would probably destroy the plastic on it.

Draws air off the floor level where the CO2 is highest, air coolest and most humid, works against me in the cold times.

Latest posts

Latest posts