What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time growing with trellis nets

tmold44

Just trying to stay ahead of things as the grow develops. I feel pretty good about how the plants transitioned through the trellis nets I placed for this grow. I was wondering if I should place a 3rd net or not. I have a pretty even canopy at this point and am 1 week into flower. I'm sure there will be a bit more stretch but haven't grown these strains before. Just trying to stay ahead of things as I don't have a 3rd net and it kind of has me thinking I should get one.

Thoughts or experiences welcome....
20221006_145526.jpg
20221006_145514.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Your garden looks really nice and healthy, thanks for sharing. Yes, add another one to access all your "potential bud" weight. Potential bud weight gives more weight accumulated by the plants putting all productivity into flower reproduction and not in stem building. When the plant is supported it can stack more weight because of this principle. A good example is using tomato cages with outdoor cannabis plants will always be bigger and yield more weed. 😎

tmold44

I should have known that.. guess I was lazily hoping it didn't need one...lol. Took a lot of lst to get the even canopy at the second net and was hoping that phase was complete. I never realized when I looked at other people's trellis/scrog style grow pictures what it took to get a full even canopy until I tried this style for the first time. You really have to stay on top of it and do a little all the time. It also is kind of nerve-wracking cleaning out under the skirt...I keep thinking I was going to stress the girls. So far so good though. I'm anxious to see the results compared to previous grows I've done in same area without trellis.

tmold44

This is the same area in previous out of control grows just using string tie up method without near the defoliation efforts.
2019-05-25 15.36.49.jpg
20190420_064629.jpg

tmold44

As discussed third net was placed today and I took this picture after lights out and plants sleeping. Looks like I will end up with a pretty full canopy when all is said and done. I still have to do a little fan leaf clean up to give all budsites good light but taking it little by little to not stress plants as they've transitioned to flower. Day 10 since the flip. Wondering now if I'll need a 4th net but stretch should be ending in next week id think.
20221009_012546.jpg

tmold44

If anyone has suggestions im always open to advice. Past mistakes and the forums is where I learn......