What's new

First time growing "pure" Haze, advice needed.

G

Hi!

I have 7 Old-timers haze seeds that I got from ace as a freebie. I was thinking of growing them this summer through the winter, outdoors but in pots, on my terrace. I am at 40N.

This will be my first time growing a haze, and I would appreciate some advice. I am mainly an indoor grower so many new things to think about.

My goal with this grow would be to have plants as small as possible, I just want to taste them, and make some seeds and pollen to play in the future. Hopefully under 4 feet tall.

My plan at the moment is:

Sow them in light mix soil on June 1st, let them grow until sexed, then take clones of all of them around July 15st, hopefully they will be rooted by early August in which case I would transplant all the females into one 40L container. Throw away the seed females and keep just the clones.

If I do it this way, will I get smallish plants? It's important that they are manageable enough so I can bring them indoors if needed.

I was thinking of using only light mix, with worm castings and guano, and mostly give them water with no nutes unless they ask for them.

​​​​​​​Any suggestions or corrections are most welcome, I posted this in the landrace subforum because I figured many of you will be used to growing plants of this kind. Or.maybe my friend OnlyPureSativas will be generous enough to share his pure sativa growing secrets:D
​​​​​​​anyhow thank for your time!

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hi! I grow @ 45 N.
Usually for ot1haze and other sativas that "push up" I sow outdoors in early June and prune the 3-4 internode, or at the end of June, doing so (and if necessary also tying some branches) I get plants no taller than 100 - 120 cm ....
This is my humble experience.
Bless

G

Hi! I grow @ 45 N.
Usually for ot1haze and other sativas that "push up" I sow outdoors in early June and prune the 3-4 internode, or at the end of June, doing so (and if necessary also tying some branches) I get plants no taller than 100 - 120 cm ....
This is my humble experience.
Bless

Thanks for the answer, do you grow the seed plants? Or clones of them

tymeoftheyear

I grew Haze from AG last year at 45. I germed in March and transplanted outdoors end of May in 20gal smart pots. I mixed a soil that was a shade more than neutral. I topped it once at around 3 feet, then topped side branches to make it as bushy as possible. When the branches would get too tall to see without a ladder, I bent them over.

I grew it in a spot that gets leaf filtered light, which triggers flowering in August here, the haze didn't show real signs until Sept. It had 0 botrytis which this rainy season caused me some troubles on some plants, like the Durban poison. I moved to a place where it would get more sun in late Sept. The roots had grown several feet out in the ground.

Final harvest was Nov 20th. I pulled some in Sept, Oct, and November. Even with the non-ideal growing situation, I love the output. It's got a taste like nothing I had had before, and the effect is extremely positive and focused.

Haze is on the left, you can see it's got branches tied over, skunk #1 on the right. This is early Sept.

haze-skunk-sept.jpg

Picture is after two harvests of the longest branches. At the peak the plant measured out over 13ft, from soil to tip, almost in every direction.
haze-oct.jpg

Attachments

• haze-oct.jpg
    haze-oct.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 46
  • haze-oct.jpg
    haze-oct.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Latest posts