What's new

First Seattle farmers market for medical marijuana

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Another step in to the right direction.

Although there was little publicity for Seattle's first medical marijuana farmers market held on Sunday the place was still packed.

Read the whole article HERE.

:friends:

M

mugenbao

Well shit. Little publicity indeed, since I didn't find out about until it was halfway over. Might have been kind of nice to know ahead of time.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch one in the near future.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
"We want to be taxed and regulated" guy at end of segment.

Be careful what you wish for, Washington.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
why shouldn't they be? we sit here and laugh at them!

tr thinks this is great. something to be cultivated and refined then reproduced.
personally i would have liked to be informed beforehand also, but its all good.

edit:...when was the next one?

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
TY strain. Very cool of them to step up and tell the state that this isn't going away and they want to pay taxes, so please tax them Washington!

walindour

Next Cannabis Farmers Market is in 2 weeks in Seattle at the same location. Here's a link to their website:

http://cannabisfarmersmarkets.com/

It was cool and laid back but busy and packed. It seems that they will need to find more room soon if any of the future events are more popular that this past weekend's cfm. My wife and I went and took home some fine medicine and will be certain to go again in the future.

It was good to meet some growers and check out beautiful buds but some grower's could polish their "business" image. It was a farmer's market so like meeting brussel sprout farmers, I didn't expect coat and ties or a trade show atmosphere. But this event got a lot of media coverage and we all know that there are many out there that oppose this form of medicine and see a farmer's market as taking advantage of the situation.

There were a number of jars of buds with the strain handwritten on paper and shoved in the jar. There was also a vendor filling a volcano vape bag and handing it around for people to try. Awesome - but aren't there really sick people coming to these to obtain their medicine? Maybe folks with weak immune systems. I recognize partaking is a communal thing as it will (and should) always be. But when the media and world are watching at the same time MMJ advocates are screaming to be taken seriously, shouldn't the MMJ community tread a little more lightly?

The scene was sort of like a Grateful Dead show parking lot (which is like a second home to me) but with bud, edible, tincture and clones for sale. It was indeed my kind of scene and I will return. It gives me hope to see that I live in a city that is compassionate and gives cannabis users a fair amount of freedom. But the MMJ community wants to be taken seriously and if we are going to also push for legalization in WA we need to be taken seriously as advocates. Not seen as conniving stoners.

Not that anyone asked....:)

designer

It's good that Washington is advancing, but it is so painfully slow. The most important thing is the networking of people.

I'd like to go to the next one too! Thanks for the article links so we can read up on what the deal is there...

Anyone coincidentally make it to the giant garden show in Seattle? Wondering if I missed anything. See you at the Market!

Latest posts

Latest posts