What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Second run, new strains, more fun

Hasch

learning and laughing
Hey everyone

After a sabbatical of ~ 25 years I'm back to growing the enticing ladies.
I just dove right in and tried new / unknown stuff, learing by doing.
A few obstacles have already been encountered...
But that is all part of the fun I find.

(Am not a native english speaker, so please excuse my mistakes.)

I started with a small grow tent:
40x80 cm and 160 cm high
A moderate LED board 75W (LM301H, 3500k)
Two 12l Airpots
Coco + Perlite (70 - 30%)
Canna fertilizer (CoGr flower) + extra N for veg
and
Autoflowers from 42fastbuds, Jack Herer and Gorilla Cokkies

IMG_20221003_183607.jpg
This was at the beginning of october.

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
IMG_20221208_120013.jpg
This is now

IMG_20221208_120244.jpg IMG_20221208_120327.jpg Jack Herer with pretty dense flowers (lots of leaves in the flower :confused:).
She had some nuts problems a few weeks ago, leaves still show interesting colloration because of the lock out / excess.
I gave her too little nuts for the first few weeks, then very high EC (almost 3) :rolleyes:
She didn't take that well 😬

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
The Gorilla Cockies is doing better IMG_20221208_120712.jpg

Still in the middle of bud development.

Would have liked it the other way around. After reading here about sativa strains and land races I think high of the JH will be more my thing.
But who knows, just idle speculation. And nothing I can do now anyway.

Hasch

learning and laughing
Thanks Shiva :)

Meanwhile I have added an extractor fan with filter (very mich needed I found out).
And two LED strips from Secret Jardin in 6500k, since my LED board only provides 3500k lighting.
I hope this evens it out 😬

shiva82

awesome . try an e.c of between 1 and 1.3 next time, every time you water , depending on the size and stage of the plant obviously. young seedling in coco , 0.7 is enough. Something like a tomato plant likes a high ec of 2.4 , and ganja will grow ok but it is a waste of nutrients and risk of damaging a crop.

steady , balanced and constant is coco method. people make mistake of feeding too strong and then having to flush , and alternate etc and before they know it they have lost health of the plant. Just always have a bucket of mixed nutrients ready to use. tepid room temp, correct ec correct ph , no additives or other brands. keep it simple and you will notice

shiva82

what seed are you popping next round? one or two plants. i think you will do a great job. the jack auto looks tasty. dense buds, and good job you recognized the error when you did. raspect

Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
Yes, I've dialed back on the EC alot, thanks to your suggestion a few weeks ago.
The ladies have been much happier since then.
(y)

shiva82

only if they were huge monster plants , under large amounts of light with added co2 in an inert run to waste system for example would you go higher than 1.3 ec or just a freakish hungry girl. but in general with coco a nd b complete base nutrient , then 1.3 max is plenty of food for the size of grow room and plants etc

it is different with organic based food that the roots have to assimilate and break down into useable food. and the base nutrient with canna a and b is a complete base nutrient and tailored for the coco.

top man

Hasch

learning and laughing
what seed are you popping next round? one or two plants. i think you will do a great job. the jack auto looks tasty. dense buds, and good job you recognized the error when you did. raspect
The seeds I still have waiting are all autos.

Wedding Cheesecake
Blue Dream
Pineapple Express
Gorilla Cookies

One GC is just growing, so for veriaty a different strains next run.
I want to definetly try one BD!

Which do I combine her with: Pineapple E. or Wedding C.?

shiva82

i have no idea which will be best. i think i would try the cheesecake one first . maybe top her early on and train her . you have the holes ready in the airpots for tieing down

Hasch

learning and laughing
Am worrying last 3 weeks, when I check them in the morning the JH sometimes has white spots / crumble on a few leaves.

What the fu** 🤯
First time it was fluff from the covering of the extractor fan-filter thingy. The second time some spilled Perlite from when I had to move the plants to get at the run off (damn hassle!).
The JH is also displaying leaf colloration of various kinds...
But I"m still kind of worried, this being my first indoor run etc.

IMG_20221208_084215.jpg
IMG_20221208_083959.jpg

shiva82

just looks like scar tissue from the over feeding period. early burnt tips that are now dead. the plant is maturing now and will not regenerate new growth

Hasch

learning and laughing
Ohh, the would require a stronger exhaust fan I fear. The one I'm using now is just adequat for the job at the moment. Would really like to keep it like this because most of the stronger fans are more noisy too and the tent is in my living area...