What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First PC Grow Box

Jokker

Hey everybody

Excited to try my first ever pc grow, had to do some research on how to figure this out.

I first thought using CFL but then found this cheap 20 Wats full spectrum mini quantum board and it fit like a glove!!

The box is a mid tower case since unfortunately I couldn`t find a bigger one.

Intake is passive - will add fan cover filled with some black foam to use as addition light cover, not so worried honestly because the case has a plastic front panel that already covers it nicely.

Exhaust fan is strong and capable to push through a diy carbon filter I`ll attach later on.

Strain will be a Diesel Auto for this run.

Already prepared a trellis net and bigger pot with some drainage tray.

Using magnets really helped tbh

Wish me luck :)
IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_0709.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey everybody

Excited to try my first ever pc grow, had to do some research on how to figure this out.

I first thought using CFL but then found this cheap 20 Wats full spectrum mini quantum board and it fit like a glove!!

Intake is passive - will add fan cover filled with some black foam to use as addition light cover, not so worried honestly because the case has a plastic front panel that already covers it nicely.

Exhaust fan is strong and capable to push through a diy carbon filter I`ll attach later on.

View attachment 18948577 View attachment 18948578 View attachment 18948579
Looking good friend. I'm going to ride with you, I love your micro setup.

singlecoiled

Nice ! Love to see someone else that doesnt let a small space stop them. Growing is growing, big or small, its very rewarding. I'll be watching this one, Ive thought of using an old PC I have laying around to start seedlings and get through early Veg... Going all the way to flower will be very interesting..

Jokker

So some small update until now:

IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0718.jpg
IMG_0722.jpg

Have some deficiencies I know. started to add nutrients and it showed good signs

btw I still don't have the exhaust fan running, should get the electric adapter this week and also add a direct mini fan for the leaves

thanks for the good words and support

singlecoiled

So some small update until now:

View attachment 18951552 View attachment 18951553 View attachment 18951554

Have some deficiencies I know. started to add nutrients and it showed good signs

btw I still don't have the exhaust fan running, should get the electric adapter this week and also add a direct mini fan for the leaves

thanks for the good words and support

Looks pretty healthy to me. I'd go really easy on the nutrients or use none for a few more weeks.

What soil and nutrient line are you using?

Pretty cool, I'm very curious to see how the roots spread out with a shallow/wide pot setup. I've never seen this done. I also use magnets in my metal grow cabinet, they work great !

Last edited:

Jokker

Looks pretty healthy to me. I'd go really easy on the nutrients or use none for a few more weeks.

What soil and nutrient line are you using?

Pretty cool, I'm very curious to see how the roots spread out with a shallow/wide pot setup. I've never seen this done. I also use magnets in my metal grow cabinet, they work great !
Well, I think I`ve put too much nutrients :( (2 milliliters per liter)
I`m using a 4-2-6 + CalMag + Micros all in one solution, tap water and soil with perlite and coco fibers.

The roots should have no problem to spread sideways as much as I'm aware

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 29

singlecoiled

Well, I think I`ve put too much nutrients :( (2 milliliters per liter)
I`m using a 4-2-6 + CalMag + Micros all in one solution, tap water and soil with perlite and coco fibers.
Lol, yep no nutrients until the first true leaves are complete. The seedling has a little stock pile of nutrients in the seed and needs nothing for quite some time. They grow better with just plain water and a good seedling mix (nothing too hot) 2 ML per litre seems a bit high to me this early...

No worries man, you'll be fine. Remember, those first leaves are temporary anyway and your plant looks great. They may twist up a bit and turn yellow, but thats fine as long as the next set of leaves comes in strong. I start feeding when node 3 is showing, or use a very light nutrient mix after node 2 is done.

One cool trick is to wait for the Cotyledons to yellow before feeding... Its the plants way of telling you that its done eating its baby formula provided by mom...

The roots should have no problem to spread sideways as much as I'm aware

To be honest I dont know, but I am very curious to see what happens here ! The cool thing about a container so shallow like this is that it should be easy to water to drainage without getting too wet... If you need to flush for any reason, this could be a big advantage. I think that having a shallow pot like this may keep your plant low and squat which can be a good thing depending on what your after....

phatkidgenetics

Hey everybody

View attachment 18948577 View attachment 18948578 View attachment 18948579
good luck. i have done a lot of micro grows in dressers, a 5 gallon bucket, pc cases, etc over the years. cool to see people still doing it.