What's new

First Outdoor Harvest

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Hello Everyone :)

This is my first outdoor ever. It is a mystery strain that came from 32 sprouts in one pot from a handfull of seeds that were thrown in there by a friend of my brother's. 15 survived and the best 7 were selected by my brother and were put in pots. After a summer full of rain and wind we had 6 nice plants and 1 that was sick. We were still ignorant as far as growing. 5 turned out to be males and were killed on the spot. The 2 left over was the biggest and the smallest. The smallest was the sick plant which was killed later on in a big thunderstorm. Here is the biggest of the 32 and what we harvested. When it is dried we will weigh it and take more pics. Enjoy. :)

2831PIC-254web-med.jpg

2831PIC-255web-med.jpg

2831PIC-256web-med.jpg

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I know....

I know....

Well like I said I was ignorant. We started to care to late. Actually I am happy and so is my brother and our confidence level is a little higher(no pun intended). We are taking more care of the indoor project we have going on. Thanks for the critique and everyone please keep it coming, I don't mind criticism. :)

Dr. D

Veteran
mmmn not bad

mmmn not bad

If ur in the uk like me that looks ok to me the summer has been shit, last year my greenhouse plants were monsters this year they were similar in size to urs, wel done first attemp try again next year.peace

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Not quite the UK....

Not quite the UK....

Im actually stateside m8 but our weather here is similar to yours in the UK and our summer was shite as well. We had lots of rain and a few tropical storms and thunderstorms. We also fertilized it too late and transplanted it too late. Next spring its on. :cool:

Outdoors...

Outdoors...

Hello mate,
Yah nice plant, though could have been much better like the peeps said. Hey I am not knocking it, you planted baggs and got at least one half decent finish so your going to at least have some of your own Stash wooo hooo :canabis: Good luck to you and your brother next season and I'm waiting with anticipation for your next outdoor antics. :wave:

fiendish

looks pretty.. but he's right.. the weather here, for the last two years has been nothingbut damn rain & if you dont have a strain that can withstand mold, most of the time you dont get nothin

badmf

Since you did get a harvest, Congratulations!! Many peeps didn't get a whiff the first time out! It will help to plan out what you are going to do and when, so you can see if any errors are present, and to amend it as you go along. Lots of growers forget when and how much they fert or water or when they added such and such, so having a grow diary will help in that case. But as soon as you have it down its clockwork,Good luck in the next grow!!

sillyphilly

Good job man.......

Good job man.......

just think what you would have had if you put more effort and time into it!? enjoy sillyphilly :canabis: :wave:

G

CalcioErba2004 said:
Well like I said I was ignorant. We started to care to late. Actually I am happy and so is my brother and our confidence level is a little higher(no pun intended). We are taking more care of the indoor project we have going on. Thanks for the critique and everyone please keep it coming, I don't mind criticism. :)
everyone is a critic(me),try next time to top a little,(pinch),my opinion,,the heavy wind doesnt hurt,my opinion,it makes way for more growth,try something new each time,,,it takes years of growing and still more years doesnt hurt either,,practice and learning from others works well also,,the soil helps as well,but i grow outdoor only,,i am new on indoor and experiemting by bringing my outdoor knowaldge indoor.if you are happy with what you grew,thats all that matters,,later ,,, :canabis: :bashhead: :biggrin: :wave:
that is just one plant ,,it has taken me years to get this far,,it is 12 ft wide,only 7 ft tall,it was a skunk #1 i was told seed,,so,,stick with your happy self,and make your self more happy by bigger plants next time,,good luck

Noddy

What was the smoke like? (Presuming you've sampled) I was considering attempting an outdoor this spring, but location finding is tricky around here, lots of country walkers and not an enclosed garden. Mind you we've had hemp from the birdseed grow plenty of times around the table, quite nice looking plants really :smile:

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Smoke was good, kinda harsh.

High: 7.0, it was bagseed, really spacey high, not really couch lock not really super uppity. Good everyday smoke.

Taste: 2.75, it was crap, harsh as can be, probably due to improper drying and curing(once again first time)

Smell: 5.5, once again not too good. When it was growing it didnt stink at all until the last few weeks which was a lemon frangrance mixed with oranges. When it dried it lost the smell and when it cured it smelled like a fruit smoothy with lots of bananas, not very appealing.