What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First grow, Makeshift nightstand 78w

frozty

Thanks for the feedback mate,

I'm not sure if its because I had a short veg cycle or because its running on low wattage.
I'm not 100% if its light leaks because the I fixed the light leaks from outside, the only place light leaks out my cab right now its through the exhaust part, which its a separate unit. The light is more intense inside then the light in my room I have a 12w 2700k in my room to light up my whole room vs the 20w x3 inside my cab. I don't think it would reach under the exhaust unit and leak into the cab.

Any one have any reference pics in 2nd week of flowering under low watt cfl?
Or is there a way to test for light leaks inside?

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
the first three weeks of flower is usually the time when plant grows the fastest. it's not unusual to go two weeks in without much in the way of bud formation especially if the plant was still young when you flipped it. keep tying it down thats about all you can do if you won't cut it.

but yeah you should be making sure you have no light leaks.

frozty

I finally see the first of the little hairs pop out, Its week 3 almost week 4, I'm scared that my ladies won't be potent but time will show. I will post more updates as soon as I see more development.

I am using Tiger Bloom, from Fox Farm's line of products.

dieselbyrd

Some strains can take a little longer to show sex sometimes especially with such short veg time. Don worry give em time and you may be in for a surprise.

frozty

Yay its starting to flower!
picture.php

Little calyxes are growing everywhere :)

ProfGerbik

i have a strong feeling youve already out grown your cab, for one you didnt top those plants to keep them smaller. i really hope im wrong for your sake.

its looking good otherwise, this being your first time you need to know height control is absolute key to getting a good harvest off of a small grow or low light grow. you should also train your plant earlier on.

I think you'll be fine height wise but yes, lower bud formation may be a bit weak. I'm yet to find out how light penetration is with CFLs but most people seem to advise getting the plants as close to the lights as possible. Looking good and healthy and I'm sure they will reward you for that.

frozty

Here are some updates:
Both ladies are starting to flower.
The Calyxes are developing 15% faster.
I may start trimming some leaves in order to get more light and reflections to vital points.

picture.php

picture.php

What do you guys think?

WahFuzz

Absolutely...you need start to trim something because the amount of light on the low pre-flowers is near to zero...

frozty

Yeah, I have trimmed the plants a bit.
I think its too late for a LST shelf, but I may go for it on my next grow. They are however tied down. with wires. not large bends but decent size bends to keep the girls down.

ProfGerbik

looking great, again really great for your first time. ffof makes it pretty hard to fuck up though, its good stuff. i love it.

frozty

Thanks for the kind words and advice mates.

Here is an update, 3 Days ago.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Any one have any tips on how to trim to get max light intake?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wsup frosty dude. ur plants r looking great thus far. :D

that one seems to be flowering off to a good start. :D
well happy growing dude.

budjones11

lol so i subscribed, is your veg cab a footlocker? my first micro was a footlocker grow with ice and white castle. yeah man, ona will be able to combat those strains fairly well. nice looking plants... so healthy.