What's new

First Auto Grow

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Getting ready to do my first auto grow. Need some advice and to see if I have a good line up here. I am experienced with photo strains, have been doing it indoor and out for several years now. I will say that I am more focused on yield than anything at the moment.

I am planning on doing 9 to 12 plants in a 4x4x8 tent under a 1000 watt HPS blockbuster hood, Co2, air pots, and not sure about the size I should run in pots. I am thinking that I will use for medium either a mixture of roots organics, perlite and clay pebble mixture? I will more than likely use advanced nutrients or humboldt nute lineups, which is also new to me. I have always used fox farms.

I will be ordering the following strains, about 6 to 9 of each feminized beans and will go and choose from there:

Buddha Seeds Magnum
World Of Seeds Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto
Dinafem Mobydick XXL
Dutch Passion Think Different
Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry

Well, being new to autos I have done a fair share of research and everything I get is a wide mixture of information. Most of it I find is older info when the auto strains were not equivalent to todays autos. Please give me advice on the grow, how you would handle things from transplant info to starting in the original container info, to any other grow info I may need to pull a nice harvest. I would like to pull over a lb of bud, out of my 5 years of indoor growing with photos I have never pulled under a lb but one time. And many times I pull a usual 16 to 22 oz's and 24 being the best with my setup. Thanks guys for checking out my thread and for taking time to read this. I'm excited to get this on. I have not ordered seeds yet, so any changes can be adjusted as well.

doob

Sweet seeds have some very nice autos. I would pot up about 3 weeks in to finals, LST seems to work best. Ones i grown been very easy to do. I grow in coco though

Koondense

Veteran
My advice is to get good indoor auto seeds(DutchPassion, Mephisto, Dope, ..) and a good soil+feed schedule.
Here's a link that may help you.

I think the main logic is - good light, light soil mix, easy to control nutes, right temps and some luck with seed selection.

The ThinkDifferent and BlueBerry by DP are not their latest autos which get bigger and yield more(Ultimate, Durban..).

MountainBudz

Thanks for chimming in guys. I have had the thought of using sativa dom photo strains as well with a 12/12 from seed run also. I think ill use ff coco loco this time as well. Which do you think would provide me with a larger yield? 12/12 or autos?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which do you think would provide me with a larger yield? 12/12 or autos?

Too many variables to predict yield. Concern yourself LEARNING how to grow autos....then hone in on yield. A lot depends on how attuned you are to plants, set up, genetics. You can have the best set up in the world, the latest and greatest, best seeds, etc. and fail miserably.

Some seem to think if they can grow photos, autos are a cinch. Not necessarily.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
:yeahthats. Out of 5 autos i had 4 were stunned as a seedling.the other wasnt. 1000% difference in yield.just let them do there thing.no topping no fimming.good luck and welcome to the auto club....also check out the autos on the bay afterthoughts for future gear....

MountainBudz

Yeah windy ive been there before with the stunted plants before. Thats why I will buy extra and choose a select most vigorous few.

DJbigbud

Those are all good producers, of the seeds you listed TD is probably the best producer if you are just going for yield. Use 3 to 5 gallon air pots if you have them dont transplant. I would start them in a diluted mixture of roots organic, 1/2 roots and 1/2 no nute soilless mix like pro mix. To this add another 1/3 perlite. Use this mixture for the top 1/3 of your airpots, for the bottom 2/3 use straight roots organic mixed with 1tbsp / gallon of Espoma garden or tomato tone, again mix this with 1/3 perlite to improve drainage. Grind the tone in a coffee grinder if you can. This should be enough nutes to get you to flower and possibly beyond. Also you can use 5gallon pails with holes cut in the bottom and sides, if you dont have airpots. Dont over nute as once autos are stunted, they will not recover like photos.