What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FINALLY...a dedicated Harley Davidson thread.

NOKUY

Veteran
well most u know ive been cycle shoppin like a MF for a loooong time....sooo hard to choose.

i have been torn 'tween sum street bikes...some cbr's and sum suzukis.

always love HD...my dad rides a '99 road king classic.

everyone i work w/ rides hogs....so im not gonna skimp and get a rice burner...tho i love them too...so no offense.

well i decided, and im gonna get a HD 'night train' ..(fxstb)

its gotta be a low low street machine w/ big wide back tire, and short narrow str8 bars

peep these....and help me decide too:

DSC01103.jpg

harley-davidson-night-train2.bmp

12.jpg

35988-medium_3329.jpg

mini-img_6353.jpg

I

icmag.is.#1

Only the first picture works. I would love to own the bike in the first pic

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
damn Nokuy thats a fine lookin piece of machinery - fuckin go for it

as for me - looks fun as hell but as reckless as i am, i simply dont trust myself to own one

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
A great Harley shopping story.....

A great Harley shopping story.....

for me anyway!

This was a few years ago.

I have been a biker all my life and I rode a 74 hard tail for close to 20 years. I got it as a basket case and fixed her up. After working on her for the 20 some odd years I had her I decided it was time for my dream to come true, a brand new HD!
So I went shopping. I went into this one dealership looking around and they had this raffle drawing to win a brand new Dyna Super Glide. So I bought a ticket for $20 and left. I was set on a Fat Boy and I was sure I could do better than the price they quoted.
Well several days later I inked a deal at another dealership for my brand new Fat Boy!
On the day that I went to pick up my new scooter, I am in the dealership just about to drive off. My phone rings, it is the other dealership informing me that I had won their raffle and when could I come pick up my new Dyna Super Glide. 2 fucking brand new bikes :woohoo:!

Good luck with your purchase bro, you can't go wrong with an HD!

Justa6655321

Veteran
Nice bike!

I ride an 06 springer.

Only thing i would say is if you are going to ride with someone on the back thats a hard bike for it. Not easy for long trips either.

BUT for around town with the boys that bike is awesome....

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
man that marooon one with the 3 on the tank is exactly what im trying to get working on..straight BADDASS...either way nokuy,cant go wrong...:D

P

Peat

Sporty rider checkin in! :headbange

It's my first motorcycle of any kind. (I'm an "Old Fart", BTW!)
I bought it new. 07-883C
I've got just under 14K mi on it now...

picture.php

I don't ride enough. :badday:

eglider

Shovelhead baby, I just keep bailing wire and a pint of loc-tite in the bag and Im good to go. Well, thats if the 30 yr old wiring harness aint acting up. She's due for a frame up resto mebbe this winter.

Nokuy I'd go for #1 with chrome lowers. But as you can see by my ride Im strictly old school. Hell, I'd be riding a duo-glide if my kickin' leg was any good...lol

Big D, That story gave me a bit of a chubby..lol like a 3some that doesnt end...How nice to have to pause and say, "hmmm whos turn is it today?"

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Nothing is less important than a motorcycles looks. A bike is a tool and it has a function. It the function is performed well, the bike is beautiful no matter what it looks like. A bike that doesn't do it's function is an ugly piece of crap.

That said, bike #1 is the only one that looks like a man's bike.

eglider

Freeze,
spoken like a true ratbike owner ...lol. I'm semi rat as i'm still in pretty good shape for 30yrs old. Mines 75 anniv. so it had Gold cast wheels. As if anything could get uglier than those black/natural alum. cast wheels, HD outdid themselves. Smacked on some nice 80 spokers on there and she improved !00% with dunlops. stock tires were bias ply because of the sidecar rig. No good with sidecar off.
Gotta laugh tho. Go to a ralley with 60k-100k customs but all the young ladies want to ride the geezer glide with the sidecar. But I miss the bisquit butter on the back of my belt. lol.