What's new

Filter holders for your P&s

WasntMe

I need to use a polarized filter with on of my P&S cams, glare on glass in the subject.

Have any of you used one of these filter holders or one like it?
Cokin CBAD701 or CBAD700 Digi Shoe Filter Holder ("A" Series)
664620.jpg

IMG_137607.jpg

IMG_25722.jpg

If so, what where your thoughts on it's functionality? it's reasonable durabilty (considering it's for P&S not SLR)?

WasntMe

Well I finally ordered one and some filters from B&H. Got them yesterday and looking forward to getting some test shots over the next couple of days. The bracket holds "A" series filters and lenses

I got:
-the bracket
-star filter
-sunset filter
-a circular polarizing filter
-x3 magnifying lens

WasntMe

So I ended up also buying a linear polarizing lens filter too. The linear seems to remove most of the glare issues I was having with my plexiglass subject matter better then the circular version. The circular one works great for bringing out a vibrant blue in the sky.

This rig is awesome. I can put any of my P&S cameras on it and also attach it to any of my tri or clamp pods. It gives me filter and lens options I previously thought were impossible without an SLR. You can also mix and match up to 3 filters and lenses at a time for any combo you want.

It's very affordable at $1o to $12 for the rig and $5 to $35 for filters and lenses.
The rig is made of plastic and takes a few mins to properly setup when attaching a new camera but once you have it on and adjusted the ability to just slide in and out lenses is tits!

It's an awesome product for the P&S crowd!

Latest posts

Latest posts