What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's second run - Larry OG

Rodehazrd

Morning guys.
Pop sorry you are losing the team. It's all about who will build a new stadium now a days. No loyalty to the fans.
Fiddy I've grown several autos I got as free perks and they were mostly good the veg time is so short any small issue really matters. Regs you can just recover and grow it out autos don't forgive. The go right on to flower ready or not.
I put the diesel girls in my new notill tub last night. I am amazed at the vigorous growth of the desert diesel.twice as big as any thing else started at the same time. I getting them in flower very early because they are going to be monstrous. I hope we like it the og diesel crosses sure are nice.
Fiddy did you use any foliar feeds?
Sounds like the Larry takes a good feeding. Did you go past half strength on the bloom nutes?
Peace
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

whats a sled? does it have a motor?
/like i know about teh ones made of wood with metal runners and tabogones, but i dont tihnk this is what you mean

a snow mobile would be awsome fun!
almost like riding a dirt bike i imagine and a good way to get out and enjoy the back country

i really enjoyed watching the games this weekend but it was announced ( about as oficalaly as you can get right now) that the chargers are moving to LA
my gut feeling was this was the case but we heard during the raiders game that its all but a done deal
kind of the end of an era for me, having grown up in san diego
ive sat through a lot of seasons of good and bad football, but the chargers were my team
its still up in the air if we get a new team here in san diego any time soon (rumor has it the raiders will be moving in)
all i know for sure is f-dean spanos
hes a cheapskate fool and has no idea how to run a professional team or even act like a decent person for that matter
/sorry for the rant guys

i like your idea of a self heated grow container, rhodehazard!
lets figure this one out and we could all become rich!

the girls are looking really nice fiddy!
which ones are the two trees in the back?!?
they look like they are really testing your ceiling
the tent looks packed and i can see why its hard to get some pics (the ones you posted look great btw)
ive never heard that about the stretch corresponding with the overall flower but it totally makes sence

that is cool you are running some autos too!
this is something i am very interested in and ive heard some good things about the new generations of auto flowering plants

ill be sure to stop by sometime soon!
Good evening pop_rocks.
As you guessed a sled is a snowmobile. They are fun to ride but no fun to work on and to move around. Also impossible to test ride during much of the year which makes fixing them difficult. Even when it's cold there often isn't enough snow to ride them around here.
You are right that the backcountry is the right place to ride them. Around here people ride the trails and frozen lakes and rivers. Many people get killed on them hitting trees at 100+ mph or going through thin ice on rivers. If I lived in the mountains I'd own one for sure.

Too bad the chargers are moving. Like Rodehazrd said it's all about the money and brand new billion dollar stadiums today. If a city of 50,000 like Green Bay can support a team than there's no reason SD can't. Just stupid. There's no decency left in the NFL. If the readers move will you start dressing up like a pirate for the games. I remember when I lived in Oakland how crazy some of the fans were and when they started burning cars in 01'or 02' after the playoff loss.

Girls are going to need a feeding tonight and I'll do an update in the morning. The one in back is the Girl Scout. She really got tall but I have her kind of behind the light and am not seeing any light or heat stress on her. I'm going to zip tie the light up to the top tonight and that will get me another 3-4 inches of space. Going to try and get some individual pics tonight as well.

I hope the 40/60 rule of stretch/flower is accurate too. It will make it easer to plan on finishing time. I'm keeping track so we will see how it works out.

I'm stoked about the autos too. They should finish quick like 60 days from sprout to done and that will give me some different flavors come harvest. I may have popped a few too many but I'll just have to crowd them until males show and I can get them out of there. This should be a fun grow and I've herd that autos are super aggressive growers so it should be exciting as well.

Time to water and check on the lady's, clones, and seedlings...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Morning guys.
Pop sorry you are losing the team. It's all about who will build a new stadium now a days. No loyalty to the fans.
Fiddy I've grown several autos I got as free perks and they were mostly good the veg time is so short any small issue really matters. Regs you can just recover and grow it out autos don't forgive. The go right on to flower ready or not.
I put the diesel girls in my new notill tub last night. I am amazed at the vigorous growth of the desert diesel.twice as big as any thing else started at the same time. I getting them in flower very early because they are going to be monstrous. I hope we like it the og diesel crosses sure are nice.
Fiddy did you use any foliar feeds?
Sounds like the Larry takes a good feeding. Did you go past half strength on the bloom nutes?
Peace
Rodehazrd
Good evening Rodehazrd.
Looking forward to this auto grow. They should finish quick and be a lot of fun to grow. Thanks for the tip on needing to keep them them happy and healthy. I'm going to repot them soon because I've herd they don't like to get root bound. I'll do my best to give them all that they want to be happy.

I haven't foliar feed the Larry's or any other plants yet. Right now I'm giving two teaspoons of tiger bloom per gallon every other watering. Label says 2-3 teaspoons per gallon so close to full strength. Watering every three days again last two times after a couple weeks of water every 2 days. They seem to be using a little less water now that there done stretching. I want to flush soon and then start using budswel with some tiger bloom for the last month.
I'll get measurements in a few minuets when I go down to water and feed tonight.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
you mean dress less like a pirate if the raiders move to san diego
/ im already rocking a swashbucklers look and am known as the terror of the high seas!

lets just say im all about the home team and if san diego got a new football franchise i would totally support that team
#fdeanspanos

i lie rhodehazards suggestion of foliar feeding
i would start light because depending on how your lights are set up this could cause burn
but as long as the water dosent sit too long, its a good way of incorporating moisture into your atmosphere as well as turbo feeding the ladies
you keep feeding as usual down below

you may also want to consider some lst on those tall beasts in the back
bending them would give you improved air flow and a more even canopy profile

Fiddynut

you mean dress less like a pirate if the raiders move to san diego
/ im already rocking a swashbucklers look and am known as the terror of the high seas!

lets just say im all about the home team and if san diego got a new football franchise i would totally support that team
#fdeanspanos

i lie rhodehazards suggestion of foliar feeding
i would start light because depending on how your lights are set up this could cause burn
but as long as the water dosent sit too long, its a good way of incorporating moisture into your atmosphere as well as turbo feeding the ladies
you keep feeding as usual down below

you may also want to consider some lst on those tall beasts in the back
bending them would give you improved air flow and a more even canopy profile
Good evening pop_rocks.
Keep that eye patch handy. I hope you get a team and some good owner(s). You can be a packer fan if you want but there might not be a lot to cheer about in Green Bay this year we will see.

I will read up on foliar feeding. The lady's seem quite hungry. I think I could feed when lights go out since humidity is so low and there is so much air exchange and movement. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

I zip tied the light to the cross member in the tent to raise the light a little but I think I'll try to bend the tops of the Girl Scout down some. I put the Larry's on blocks to get the canopy a little more even.
Here is a couple pics.

Fiddynut

Quick update.

Quick update.

Fed and watered last night and got some pics. I moved the light up by getting rid of the ratchet straps and zip tying the hooks to the cross member in the tent. It gave me about 3 or so inches more room under the light. I put the two Larry's on some blocks that are about 4" tall and have another 3/4" board on top of the blocks. If I tie the Girl Scout down a bit I'll have a pretty nice canopy.
The Larry's have grown to 42" and are now the same hight as one another. The GS is 50" and despite being a week younger is the biggest of the three. @rodehazard the Larry's stretched from 16"-18" to 42" which was about what I expected at about 2-1/2 times the hight on day one of 12/12.
Here are some not so well taken pics of the lady's. LOG1 on right and LOG2 on left.

And the GS.

The buds are starting to get some smell to them and a little trichome coverage as well. Here are a couple pics.

My plan is to give them a mid flower flush and then incorporate some nice organic budswel and big bloom to help with flavor. I'll keep using the tiger bloom as well.
Well that's about it for now. Just having a good time and learning more about these beautiful plants. I hope all is well friends...Fiddy.

Fiddynut

Good looking girls fiddy
Is that week 4?
Why the flush? They look healthy.
Rodehazrd
Good evening Rodehazrd.
Yep girls seem happy. I'm at the end of week 4 and fox farms recommends a mid flower flush to remove any salt build up. Might not be needed but I've been using the salt based nutes and want to be extra carful to avoid issues. I'm still learning how to use these nutes and I want to be extra carful not to have any problems that might mess me up late in flower. Another member (Jedi) recommended the week 4 flush and said he does it to help with buildup and he said the final flush works better if you do a mid way flush as well. Looking at his posts and albums his plants are absolutely beautiful so it can't hurt mine. Going to flush them in the shower tonight so I'll get some more pics and do an update as soon as I can. I have a busy day tomorrow so I'll get the update done as soon as I have time.
Have a great Christmas weekend and I hope all is well...Fiddy.

Tri_Cho_Me

Good evening Rodehazrd.
Yep girls seem happy. I'm at the end of week 4 and fox farms recommends a mid flower flush to remove any salt build up. Might not be needed but I've been using the salt based nutes and want to be extra carful to avoid issues. I'm still learning how to use these nutes and I want to be extra carful not to have any problems that might mess me up late in flower. Another member (Jedi) recommended the week 4 flush and said he does it to help with buildup and he said the final flush works better if you do a mid way flush as well. Looking at his posts and albums his plants are absolutely beautiful so it can't hurt mine. Going to flush them in the shower tonight so I'll get some more pics and do an update as soon as I can. I have a busy day tomorrow so I'll get the update done as soon as I have time.
Have a great Christmas weekend and I hope all is well...Fiddy.

I've been using the Tiger Bloom and occasionally the MaxiBloom still. I have been doing every other round water then nutrients. I have had zero problems. Of the two plants, I've probably cut 2 yellowing leaves from them. It IS worth noting however, that I am an aggressive pruner. Also, some of the nutrient uptake and availability is strain dependent. Just something else to keep in mind.

Cheers! :tiphat:
Tri_Cho_Me

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
good points tri_cho_me
i too alternate feedings with plain water
i tend to use less than the suggested amounts of plant food when watering too

i also agree that different plants handle feedings differently
some are heavy feeders while others like a lighter diet
just kind of go by what your plants tell you

dont be too surprised if your packers find themselves in the mix
esp if they can get to 10 wins
there are two wild cards spots and i would not be surprised to see the pack nab one of them

hope all your holiday is off to a great start, guys
tri comb me, rhodehazard, tleaf and all the others who ahve made this thread so much fun!
and esp you f-nut

Fiddynut

I've been using the Tiger Bloom and occasionally the MaxiBloom still. I have been doing every other round water then nutrients. I have had zero problems. Of the two plants, I've probably cut 2 yellowing leaves from them. It IS worth noting however, that I am an aggressive pruner. Also, some of the nutrient uptake and availability is strain dependent. Just something else to keep in mind.

Cheers! :tiphat:
Tri_Cho_Me
Good morning Tri_Cho_Me.
Your plants look great. You have been doing a great job of feeding them. Epic first grow you have going there. I didn't do a lot of feeding in veg but have been giving them good feedings for a few weeks now. Starting with 1/4-1/2 strength and increasing slowly to almost full strength and my girls seem to be loving it. I've got some yellow leaves but all bottom stuff that I should have lolly popped off anyway. I'm going to start incorporating some budswel teas to hopefully enhance flavor now that I'm half way through flower.

I hope your Holliday was great and are ending 2016 in good health and spirits...Fiddy

Fiddynut

good points tri_cho_me
i too alternate feedings with plain water
i tend to use less than the suggested amounts of plant food when watering too

i also agree that different plants handle feedings differently
some are heavy feeders while others like a lighter diet
just kind of go by what your plants tell you

dont be too surprised if your packers find themselves in the mix
esp if they can get to 10 wins
there are two wild cards spots and i would not be surprised to see the pack nab one of them

hope all your holiday is off to a great start, guys
tri comb me, rhodehazard, tleaf and all the others who ahve made this thread so much fun!
and esp you f-nut
Good morning pop_rocks.

I've been doing feed every other water except when I was watering every two days and then feed every third water. I think these plants are heavier feeders than my first ones. I think I'll start using the budswel in the water and alternate feed with tiger bloom.

Yep it looks like the pack will have a good shot at the NFC north and have been playing much better the last month. Maybe they are hot at the right time.

I hope your Holliday was great and lots of good food was eaten. How did the misses like the bread maker? Any bike rides over the long weekend? I got a motorcycle ride in on Xmas day, it was 35 deg and raining but far better conditions than we've had for a couple weeks so I just had to get back on the bike. I hope you and your family are doing well and ending 2016 on a high note.

Fiddynut

Happy Christmas Yall
Wishing everyone a healthy happy season of growing.
Rodehazrd
Happy Christmas to you as well Rodehazrd.
I hope your Holliday was great and you got everything you asked Santa for:) I hope your ending 2016 happy and healthy...Fiddy

Fiddynut

Delayed update

Delayed update

Good day everyone. I hope everyone's Holliday weekend went well. I've been very busy and am just getting to Friday nights update now. I was up late flushing the plants and was also preparing my home for guests. I spent Saturday cooking for and hosting 17 family and friends. Sunday was spent out and about seeing family and friends as well. Today I am busy as well and still need to clean up from Saturdays party.

I flushed 3 gallons of water through each of the plants Friday night which is about 5 times as much water as they normally get. Luckily I have a shower that we don't use near the tents. That made it a fairly easy and clean experience. This is just a mid flower flush to eliminate any salt buildup and help make the final flush more effective. The lady's seemed to like the flush and have been super happy. I did put 1/3 strength nutes in the water that I used to flush them with.

Putting the plants in the shower gave me an opportunity to get a couple individual pics of them. Not the best lighting in there but better than anywhere else in my basement.
Larry1

Larry2

GS

The plants are really packing on the buds now. Here is a couple pics from the other night.

I hope everyone is well and you are all ending the year feeling good about what 2016 has had in store for you. I am grateful for all of you and all of the icmag members who's posts have helped me do something great this year. In 2016 I grew and harvested my first plants and that was an accomplishment I'm very proud of. My first grow was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Pop_rocks helped me out with wisdom and kept me from doing anything stupid. Thanks again pop, not sure there would have been a successful first grow without you bud. Now in 2016 I've completed my first grow, got 2/3 through my second, taken cuttings and gotten them to root, and now have 12 seedlings going. Looks like 2017 is going to be a green year folks. I hope all of our grows go great in the new year...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
she loved it!
plus i got the meat grinder i wanted!
its a hnd cranked one, but i figured i would start out slow and just get my feet wet
i am planning on heading out ot the store this week and picking up some meats and start this adventure!
so what would be some good recipies for a beginner to start with?
we have been having some really good rains this past week or so so we havent been able to get out in the dirt so far
we rode around the local reservoir the other day but that was just turning the legs
the past couple days have been really nice so hopefully tomorrow is dry enough to ride

looking frosty man!
i really like the structure on those larrys
how is the smell?

im glad i could be along for the ride, fiddy!
you have come a long way as a grower, brother
think of all the things you have done in the last year
its been a pleasure watching you learn and grow!

Latest posts

Latest posts