What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fess up! how many of you old farts need a nap?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
I can't nap. Have tried it and get the same result every time. No matter if its 1min or 2h i wake up and feel like broken on the wheel, crucified and stoned(not the good one) all together. I get a nasty taste in my mouth and need some activity to feel like normal again. Often it takes hours to feel normal again sometimes i feel exhausted for the rest of the day. I know this since i was a little boy and already hated nap time in kindergarden.

I try to get 6-7h sleep a night but working is stressfull so i drink most of my fluids after work and that let me get up min twice a night to pee.

Since i started going to the gym regular i'd like to be able to nap since training followed by eating and sleeping is a good combo for muscle grow. But i train in the evening so i get my recovery sleep in a decent time window.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If I cook burgers for me and the kids - then its grass-fed beef from the Scottish butcher Donald Russel - usually once a week - served with lots of tomatoes - iceberg lettuce - and home made fries - not cooked in any hydrogenated seed oil - but olive or coconut oil -

I do have quite an active life - but still only sleep around 4-6 hours every night - and my body tells me that's sufficient - with the odd 'Power-Nap' - try intermittent fasting - only eating in a daily 6 or 8 or 12 hour window - missing breakfast gives me much more physical energy - since my system does not have to digest a breakfast - but I do drink 2 cups of coffee in the mornings - so maybe that helps?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Grab them while you can... That was/is the military moto :) 32.5yrs of getting up @ 5:00/6:00, sleeping in would be 7am, unless partying the night before. Every now and again I'll crank 6-8hrs, but it's mostly 4-5. An afternoon nap is beneficial, but not an after supper one (read evening) 7/8, that will be a power nap, on a full stomach (well somewhat), not a 30 minuter... Usually turns into a 2-3hr power nap. I then go to bed for another two. These days, I have a lot on my mind, and producing far to much cortisol. Giggles posted something in one of the threads we partake in. I ordered 2#. Peruvian Ginseng root, also commonly known as Maca powder. I'll be dosing @ 3 x 00 caps, 0.91g ea for a total of 2.7g

I do/did my research and I had forgotten more than I can remember wrt ginseng and it's benefits. It will, (read should) balance out my system, which has been kind of wonky since 9/1. Time will tell. One good thing as a cook, I use a lot of the more exotic spices, many Indians spices, all super beneficial, but requires a steady regimen. It would be OK if I was East Indian, I am not. So knowing my body, remember <1%, the powder as a whole should alleviate, if not eliminate/eradicate (fingers crossed) many of my current issues.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
How many Old Farts Fart while they're napping ?
Gas is a sign your food is rotting instead of digesting. I rarely fart nowadays, and I swear the last time we were food rich my wife did not fart for a year. Lol sleeping or otherwise.

There is life after quitting the SAD. ;) (Standard American Diet)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If Old Men are Old Farts ... what are Old Women ?
Probably an Old Fartess, aka Crabby Old Bitch, not to be confused with Curmudgeon aka Crabby Old Bastard.

With regard to needing naps, I take naps whenever I feel like it, whether I need them or not, just because I can in retirement. Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort....................

Especially after tiring from wanton debauchery and unbridled sex. Oh wait, the unbridled sex part was in a dream while napping......................................

Latest posts

Latest posts