What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Feminized seed growers (check this out)

woolybear

Veteran
My first successful test run last year was with gypsy's feminized mix, i didn't see any nanners at all.

However, i did get plants with nanners last run, as I mis-labeled my clones and got the one that hermed the run prior.

So I think genetics should be in the list of things to check to avoid hermies.

I can dig the fems!

I

Iron_Lion

True but if you go a couple generations with proper testing there should be no problem.

even regular strains that have been around decades herm. buying seeds can be a crap shoot, regular or fem.

Last week i spent $300 for 30 beans of S2's of the white.

That's a pretty fair price.

No strain is going to make you run faster or jump higher. I've been chasing a purple elephant for 6 years and still haven't found anything that I could make my 1 and only for life.

This last year I have spent the most money I have ever spent on packs of seeds and they were good but no better than other strains I have had.

$200 for 7 males, 3 females expressing 3 phenos, only 2 of the 3 were worth a shit. I keep it in play longer just to justify the cost. At least with fems your money buys you female plants which should be as good as buying clones.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Making S1s requires no selection skill other than sourcing the cut involved and there isn't much cost involved in acquiring a particular clone. Paying at or over $100 for 10 S1 seeds is not something I can get behind.

Not to mention when it's done with a cut that wasn't meant to be used for commercial releases.

It's really in everyones interest as a community, while we're still pretending one exists, that S1s of 'elite' clone only cuts are made available to as many growers to find something new that can exceed that of the original clone only. You know, progress?

Then take that expression and work it into a seedline that people will pay top dollar for. Actual breeding & not just simple pollen chucking. Sign me up for some of that.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I have produced fem seed with colloidal silver using a very stable mother plant that never hermies no matter how much it is abused. Colloidal silver was the only thing that caused it to reverse.

The seed and progeny produced were identical to the original.

That's all they could be...they had no choice...the reversed female only had xx chromosomes in it of the original mother...the only possible outcome was fem seed containing identical genetics.

And so it was.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we are not claiming to be doing any special breeding with these fems
like a memeber said we get cuts alot of people cant get so this way people can grab a slice of this cut in seed form

most are just clone onlys that most cant get and some nice mixes we would personaly seen done
like cheese hit with casey or cheese hit with grandaddy purple pollen

and of course we will be doing some nice male/female lines with the new cut we aquired
in the new years

we are not going to be forming into a feminzed seed company but we will offer both feminzed and regular seeds in the new year

peace

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I won't take clones from anyone, too much chance of getting some bugs and I don't live in cali. So this is perfect for me. Thanks for bringing the GDP s1's and crosses to the masses.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sssdh feminized is a 100% done deal in the new year

peace

chief bigsmoke

and of course we will be doing some nice male/female lines with the new cut we aquired
in the new years

we are not going to be forming into a feminzed seed company but we will offer both feminzed and regular seeds in the new year

peace

YEA!.... for m/f seeds and for fem seeds for those who need em'

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some pics of a room of our feminized seeds flowering
:yummy:

updates to come as they swell

peace

Attachments

• IMG_9999.jpg
    IMG_9999.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_9997.jpg
    IMG_9997.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_9996.jpg
    IMG_9996.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 128
  • P7030647
    P7030647
    53.1 KB · Views: 144

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe it is possible to reverse a male to female but it is not a viable smoke due to the chemicals used.....it is however useful as a visual aid to determine quality of a male.
Peace

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I believe it is possible to reverse a male to female but it is not a viable smoke due to the chemicals used.....it is however useful as a visual aid to determine quality of a male.
Peace

Are you saying you can reverse a male and get an indication of traits it will pass on by the female traits it shows upon reversal?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Are you saying you can reverse a male and get an indication of traits it will pass on by the female traits it shows upon reversal?

sounds that way...

so far i have had no luck with male reversal, calyxes were evident but no pollen was produced.

sorry to intrude your thread.

my S1 seed are as stable as the mother, indeed you cannot differentiate the two, so crossing with them is not worrisome to me.

...and for keeping genetics that would be lost it is invaluable.