What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Female Seeds GraFru and WW

BLOTTO

i'm planning to grow grapefruit and white widow from female seeds and would like to have some informations from ppl who grew them....
so i can decide if these two are a good decision....
as a first time grower i would like to have as much infos as posibble when possible.....pics are welcome!

peace,BLOTTO da Robomafioso

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are a first time grower, plz take my advice and dont go with feminized stuff that can go hermie (male&fem in one plant) when some basic things are not dialed in.
Look at Paradise Seeds stuff its cheap and perfect material for a beginner like their MagicBud,Belladonna,Rox (all 3 maximum price is 35$ i think and thats not to expensive for the first strains).
you cant go wrong with these ....
Fj

BOZWELL

I would reckomend female seeds Ive grown there white widow 100%germ and no sign of hermies at all. I have many freinds that use female seeds and only one ever had hermies but his fan failed and his grow room got to 110 degrees for about 3 weeks other than that nothing but good things

female seeds ww

BLOTTO

yes i know they can go hermie, but if i keep the temp on a constant level and don't fuck up the light circle what should them turn hermie?....also humidity and bad earth?

and xxoshz25xx....could you suggest what let them turn hermie?

nice px bozwell...would be happy see some more infos

BOZWELL

BLOTTO said:
yes i know they can go hermie, but if i keep the temp on a constant level and don't fuck up the light circle what should them turn hermie?....also humidity and bad earth?

and xxoshz25xx....could you suggest what let them turn hermie?

nice px bozwell...would be happy see some more infos

you wont get hermies as long as youre carefull ,constant temp ,no light leaks and keep nutes and ph in check
heres a couple of other shots

I did a smoke report on it and it its very potent smoke easy to grow and to cheap not to
check the smoke report forum
I think the titles.. female seeds white widow smoke report its a couple of pages back
my ww clone of a reveg plant going to be BIG

Last edited:

BLOTTO

alright, so why shouldn't i try?

boz....was the plant in the first pic topped or is it LST?

.....is there no other who has tried them?

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I've run Jack Herer & Neville's Haze by Female Seeds and didn't have any hermies :joint:

BOZWELL

BLOTTO said:
alright, so why shouldn't i try?

boz....was the plant in the first pic topped or is it LST?

.....is there no other who has tried them?

LST.. I love a bit of plant bondage

G

For the record, i would NEVER buy fem seed

For the record, i would NEVER buy fem seed

Alex-F said:
I've run Jack Herer & Neville's Haze by Female Seeds and didn't have any hermies
high alex, have you any snapshots of the jack in flower?
been curious on original lineage of Ferry's Jack.....................

THE LORE THAT FEMALE SEEDS 'HERM-OUT' ON YOU, IS ON THE BASIS OF GENETIC HERMAPHRODITES, PRE-PROGRAMMED TO SHOW NO MATTER THE CONDITIONS, AND NOT IN REFERENCE TO STRESS-REVERSALS, AS DESCRIBED SO FAR HERE IN THIS THREAD.

not trying to be mean at all, just clearing it up, or the rumors will only continue to swirl and fester.

Last edited:

sahima

Hi blotto, i think that female seeds are great for a begginer, especially white widow is very easy to grow. Grapefruit has a little more trouble because is stretches very much, but you can top it or tie it down and have great results.
Don't worry for hermies as i think the chanches of having one are not many with those seeds(i am a novice grower too, and even under a little stress the plants remained pure females). At the photos are only plants from female seeds,it was my best grow ever!!! Good luck...

GRAPEFRUIT

W.W

G

wanted to add that the amateur cultivator would be better suited for standard seed stock for the simple fact that the act of 'sexing' your plants (shortening the photoperiod and culling males, keeping females respectively) is great experience to get-down under your belt...
determining males and females can be tricky, and you want as much experience in the different types as possible for when it really matters (future work)

sahima

Here some pics of the finished product. Grapefruit(first pic) is the best smoke i ever had. Very energetic and pleasant high with a sweet fruity taste.
Second picture is widow. Very relaxing really.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Gotta say that they stretch like hell! :yoinks: Not a problem though. I think with our 1,60m from floor to lamp we've got one of the smaler cabs but it seems to be fine.

I can deffinately recomend the JH :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts