What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FC-3000

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah, this is only 70*70cm, 2.3*2.3'. To pull the same return on watts in this space would need magic.
Still let's wait for numbers, they always surprise me one way or the other.

HalfArsedFarmer

You're a good grower GMT, told you before mate loved your style of make do n mend.

She looks heavy enough man.. keep em crossed for the scales to tip...

Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
She has taken longer than I planned for at this point. The repot took longer to root in, setting her back. Unfortunately, I stopped feeding at the planned point, meaning she's now out of food and not ready to harvest, so I'm on leaf pulling mode now to prevent mold developing.
I also spent a few days at 10% power after a photo and watering session. So I can't claim I got it right, but yeah I can't say I'm disappointed this time.
2022-11-16_17-01-12~2.jpg

IMG_20221116_170641~2.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol you guys with sad reactions.

It's all hanging now, just that one patch where one cola had fallen on another. Better safe than sorry, and it's been pissing it down all week, so things weren't getting less humid. Down to 4 cuttings now. A few jars, and a tree drying.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Are my numbers really so much lower than other people's? I got 199 grams dried to the point it will turn to dust under pressure. Buds are fat, I couldn't have got more bud into that tent. But I'm still down below 0.7 per watt. It's around 40g per square foot. I would argue in a 3*3 that's 360 g, or 1.2 per watt, but I'm not sure it scales up like that.
HAF, I know it was coming, so I was checking twice a day. Caught it in time to only lose a couple of grams.
Thanks for the props, undeserved though.

HalfArsedFarmer

You're not a bottles and potions man bud.
You max with what you have from what I remember.

I put few pics up in the Dutch grown forum as I have a nice Brain freeze pheno that will be getting a reveg and probably S1 treatment.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I got 199 grams dried to the point it will turn to dust under pressure. Buds are fat, I couldn't have got more bud into that tent. But I'm still down below 0.7 per watt.
In my opinion you get better yield with more than one plant, i would do at least four. But it seems that you harvested pretty early when i look at all the white hairs in the last photos!? And hey, yield is not everything, you have to be happy with your final product, that's the most important. :)

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The annoying thing is HAF, I couldn't get my preferred compost during the lockdowns, so I found a really nice one with almost no nutes in it. Then bought a bunch of bottles and potions. Namely the hesi line. So I don't even have that excuse.

Mitsu, the problem is that non of mine grow in the single cola format, they desperately want to branch. So the plants and buds from 4 half foot square plants would be tiny. I'm convinced that would decimate my harvest. I think for peace of mind I'm just gonna call everyone a bullshit artist on numbers and go back to bed with my own smoke.😁.
On the harvest, I have two strains that the pistils do not turn until after harvest. I go on trich (and mold) rather than pistils. The trichs were about 10% amber, 10% clear. The mold had reared its head, regardless of pistils, it was time. But let's say it wasn't, how much more weight (maximum) in percentage , could a plant gain in a week, hell let's say two weeks? I don't believe double.

Smeden

Your grow looks perfect I think, but the 70x70cm footprint will dictate its own limitations for a maximum yield.
Even if your plants are not "single cola friendly" I think you should try 4 x 25-30L air pots, reduce your veg time and train each plant to produce 12-14 colas.

Soil mass = bigger buds. How many liter soil in your single container? compared to 4 x 28L air pots (30cm D and 40cm height).
Root mass is even more important, and 4 roots centered in 28L air pots (root tip pruned) will most likely be much larger than a single root in 80-100L container.

Centre of your crop looks very compact. Was there sufficient air movement around all buds and leaf's during flowering?

Don't get me wrong, your plant looks perfectly happy in every single picture.
But I think it is easier to target example; 100g x 4 plants in 28L pots compared to 400g from a single plant in a 80-100L container?

If plant number is a limitation? Then it reminds me of a question I put up here on icmag 15 years ago - say you have a single plant with 4 main stems - if you train these 4 stems down into the soil with something like tent plugs and still allow the top to grow up. Will they produce roots on the part of the stems that are below the soil? = somehow create a shorter route for watering each bud on a much wider/larger plant, but still be considered as 1 plant?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Far too much compost per grow to get rid of, and far too much inside. The water vapour that would create would be unmanageable. I'd have to run a dehumidifier. I can't do that because of noise. I'm in a semi, there are neighbours sleeping a couple of feet from the grow. I can't have mechanical sounds going 24 hours a day. I keep compost and plant counts to a minimum. Small plants don't work for me. If I quadrupled my plant count, I'd halve my yield. I need the larger plants for larger yields. How is a crazy measurement. Grams per square foot per day would be far more useful a comparison.
That was 40 litres of compost. 300w, 199 grams, not sure on time.
Gpw would increase by turning the light down, but yield would also fall. So increasing gpw would cost me more that it would benefit me.
Just seems odd that some are claiming 3* the yield with the same watts.

HalfArsedFarmer

You're bang on GMT in saying the outlay to hit the GPW pushes up the production cost.
I hit 1.5 GPW with a selected clone in NFT and the 1m sq net was full. I know this girl like the back of my hand but all my knowledge of my environment was used along with the electric to make sure it was as stable as it coul be.

Normally I hit around the G.Again strain depending as I run more seed than clone these days... Below is the joys of re using soil.. I hear ya kid
IMG_20221211_135202.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
You sometimes have to reload the page. It's because there are so many pics per page, and the server seems to have a page load time limit. Got a newer thread in the soil section. Learned my lesson and fewer pics per page.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
There ya go Rick.
Been off due to ill health, getting back now

Latest posts

Latest posts