What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favourite Coffeeshop in Amsterdam?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gentrification of Soho in London ruined it,,
Really hope this don’t happen in Central Amsterdam but would appear it’s already started,,s2

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm going to chuck in Bluebird. If I had to sit anywhere all day, their balcony seats would take some beating. There are good menu items, such as the chocolope, and I like how busy it is. No local would brave that queue, but it's good for people watching, and the canal view never gets old.

GlandualFever

boerejongens usually have the white choco block for €8.5 which is a bargain...the Tangerine g13 hash is superb also but at €20.

kashmir lounge, 1e Hulp and tweede kamer for hash also. Tweede still does Rifman i think.
barneys lounge for the chill and board games.. and the volcano also.
katsu for interesting bags of Haze hybrids. and outdoor space too. probably my fav district also. De Pijp is buzzing.

Dampkring for nostalgia and some c5 a5 mexi haze hybrids.

if ur chasing Cali in Dam watch the €'s go up in smoke. Plug Utopia always has latest Cali. Their pre rolls well worth the €.

GlandualFever

I'm going to chuck in Bluebird. If I had to sit anywhere all day, their balcony seats would take some beating. There are good menu items, such as the chocolope, and I like how busy it is. No local would brave that queue, but it's good for people watching, and the canal view never gets old.

their Mr Nice G13 HP circa 2005 wiped me out. They had a microscope setup in the shop to see the bud magnified. anyone remember that??

Sunshineinabag

Gosh i wish i hadnt of gotten a felony when i was a young man throwing "sticks" and being a knucklehead back then...preventing me from being able to peruse the shops in the dam......Too bad theres not a badboys club express for the dam

mr.brunch

Veteran
Not been for about 8 years but...
It was always original dampkring to buy smoke, and lost in Amsterdam to smoke it, chilled out on the beanbags.
Nescafe was a good one too until it shut... amazing cappuccinos....
Ahh, the memories of a once single stoner....

madalasatori

Veteran
420 cafe for me, they often have nevilles haze and I like the visibility onto the pretty canal outside. Plus next door is a cake shop and twede kamer for hash.

I am also a fan of tertulia as I love the layout and the fact that it’s never changed since the 80s, nice plants and nice organic buds like bubblegum, kali mist

Shame Amsterdam has been overrun with instagram towards taking selfies everywhere like sheep.

Does anyone know the situation with coffee shops at the moment with Covid? Are they takeaway only?

GlandualFever

I was there last month. All coffeeshops were exercising social distancing, with some only offering takeaways. The usual chill spots were still open and welcoming... Some worthy and not so worthy mentions:

Katsu as usual for all old school import types and haze hybrids. Great value GG#4 Hash at €10 a g. As good as the GG#4 bubble I had just before i went out there.

Original Dampkring I was pleased to see they had the Rifman hash and some very high quality offerings, with the budtender happy to sell less than 1g or enough for a big joint. The Khalis hash was superb, sold in parchment due to its meltiness. A5 haze was ok. Pleasant daytime smoke.

Voyagers had some great Cali buds. Expensive as it was it was the cheapest Cali and had the best menu with breeders mentioned and strains idemtified correctly. Some seedjunky oni and cookies buds.

Coffeeshop De Kroon had good hash. Really reasonable prices

1e Hulp had the best buds for the most reasonable price.

The Kashmir Lounge
what a mission. Had less than 3 hashes on the menu which is unheard of. Nothing worth grabbing. However their savibg grace was that they had Oceans 12 Haze bud on menu which i havent had for over 14 years and it was a real treat tasted exactly how i remember.

Boerejongens had a reasonable menu but seems that the usual dutch ag13 tangerine ammo terps are emanating from every haze/sativa they sell. They had some good indica and some excellent static sieved blocks if hash.

Which i have to mention. There are more and more places offering static blocks, which are a higher grade of hash than usual, but still not full melt. The prices have gone to minimum €10 a g for hash, and for decent bud its over €14 as an average. Can find rosin at Hunters.

There were some more but obviously i was too stoned to remember...